Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Community is important. I'm not here to disrupt. I felt obligated to explain since I left five years ago without explanation, but to be clear I wouldn't name the person if I were asked in DM. Let the community be. That can easily be achieved for a couple weeks. For a lot of reasons I see more clearly now my personality is reactive to abuse, often with inappropriate amounts of force. I live with one of the wisest people you could imagine and I'm learning a lot from her. I have dogs now. I also smoke about an eighth of the finest flower on the planet every day. Things could be a lot worse.
Oh, I remember the conundrum you presented when I was trying to moderate this board. You don’t have to tell me.

I took our 3 dogs to the groomer yesterday. The 3-4 hours they were gone felt very wrong.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I'm mk80, I've been here since 2012. Living in the STL area. I try to follow the majority of games in the the GDT's but can't get to them all because of work and life. But when I'm there I'm usually the one posting timely Blues related GIFs when we score! Happy to be a part of HFBlues!

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Long time reader, first time poster. Even forgot my pervious account.

I’m from Budapest, Hungary, so not your traditional European supporter but we have some pretty diehard Blues fans over there (I know around a dozen who followed the team through the years)

31 yo avid hockey fan with no STL background, my first full Blues season was 05-06 after the lockout, so, yeah… but I’m also fall in love with baseball which kind of compensate it that year, love the Cards also. Especially since my local football team chokes really hard for the past two decade, ’06 and ’11 means a lot. Hoping for ’19 with the Blues as well!

LGB!!!
You have more Blues fans in Budapest Hungary then I do 3 hours from STL in Illinois lol. Surrounded mostly by Hawks fans, but have noticed a few Blues jerseys popping up around town right around the time the Blues were getting ready to close out the Sharks.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
We had ours (Victoria Day) last weekend. What is this weekend in the U.S., Memorial Day?
Memorial Day, yes.

A lot of people in my family have served, going back a long ways. A number of them are buried in a tiny little local cemetery about half a mile from our family farm in IL. We hold a ceremony out there every year for them, and all the others who are interred in there. I believe the major wars covered include the War of 1812, Blackhawk War, Mexican War, Civil War, Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII, and Korean War.

That's a lot of history in a very small amount of space.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Only a 2 year window! OMG that's right. Thank you Buffalo fans!!! Thanks for the recent trade. LOL

Honestly, the number of things that had to go exactly right for us to get where we are still boggles my mind.

-Pull Colt out of the abyss of Northern Canada in round 3

-Schenn trade for 2 firs time (costly) and getting out from under the Lehtera contract (thank the lord)

-The O’Reilly highway robbery.

-The sneaky Perron/Bozak signings who I think were both under market value.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Honestly, the number of things that had to go exactly right for us to get where we are still boggles my mind.

-Schenn trade for 2 firs time (costly) and getting out from under the Lehtera contract (thank the lord)

Honestly, one of the big things I’m rooting for is for DP to get a cup as a thank you for always finding his way back to STL lol

Balloon

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Hey fellow Blues fans! I'm from St. Louis, and I was born and raised a Blues fan. My dad has been watching the Blues since he was a kid when they first became a team, and he passed on the love of the team to my family. I'm still living in the St. Louis area after having recently graduated college. Being in the city for this year's run has been amazing; the whole city feels energized.

I've been consistently reading these boards for several years now, though I rarely post. I occasionally visit the main boards, but most of my time on the boards are spent in the Blues board.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Honestly, one of the big things I’m rooting for is for DP to get a cup as a thank you for always finding his way back to STL lol

I would be ecstatic for Perron to get himself a Cup here, but I’m already excited by his play in the playoffs. He’s been very solid and seems to be ending the “not a playoff player” label.

And without that label he’s just a solid 2nd liner we have for 3 more years at 4 mill per. Great contract.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

Our two year window was 13-14 and 14-15, per Buffalo fans.
6-2 in playoff series after the window closed.

Parayko was how I consoled myself with 2015 exit. I'd been driving the Parayko-will-be-a-homegrown-#1D bus for a year by then, pretty much a few months after I left. My playoff talisman is now the Parayko winter classic jersey stained with deer blood from in between periods 2 & 3 of Sharks G2 when I fought with all of my being to prevent my 65 pound border collie from killing a deer trapped inside our fence. I barely succeeded. This took the entire 17 minute intermission and I watched the third in a daze. I took it off for G3 because come on it had deer blood on it. Back on for G4, G5, G6. Unwashed.

The most fortunate sequence was signing Bozak before the ROR deal went through. They need them both & I don't think they sign Bozak if the ROR deal happens first.

Perron is just the best. One of my all time favorites. A difference maker in the Western Conference Finals against Joe. If he lifts the Cup in a Blues uniform, holy shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad