League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Interesting week coming up for Trotz. The Islanders can pretty much punch their ticket in the next three games or they’ll head right to the playoff fringe.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
CBus is still in a drivers seat to make the playoffs. Montreal has been getting pounded on their CA swing and while up 2pts has less ROW and has played 2 more games. Even teams like Philly are still alive. Doubtful for the Flyers, but alive.

With the way the Habs and Jackets are floundering, it opens the door for any of the lower tiered teams to get hot and make it interesting. Again, doubtful. But not impossible.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
CBus is still in a drivers seat to make the playoffs. Montreal has been getting pounded on their CA swing and while up 2pts has less ROW and has played 2 more games. Even teams like Philly are still alive. Doubtful for the Flyers, but alive.

With the way the Habs and Jackets are floundering, it opens the door for any of the lower tiered teams to get hot and make it interesting. Again, doubtful. But not impossible.

Either way I see both Habs and Jackets as first round fodder against the Bolts.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Islanders game tonight or CBJ v Pens? Cant decide
I went with CBJ v Pens. This is do or die for CBJ, lets see what they've got. Also, Bob is back in net and I'm curious to see if the Pens really are in his head.

I wouldn't be surprised if Philly upsets the Isles tonight.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Islanders look done. I watched a lot of the junk they played against Ottawa. Their last hurrah was the Toronto game. They are gassed

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Indulged and watched the last 3.5 hrs of NHL action, digging every result tonight
CBJ over PIT (watched last 2 pds. CBJ finally had a good game, PIT looked very average except Murray had some good saves incl. one ridic blocker save, Sid - 0 pts and a -3)
PHI over NYI - Isles looked weak and desperate w/bad defensive schemes, Trotz w/the bowtie :lol:
CAR over NSH - speedy CAR, seems like all their D can carry the mail into the zone

14 gms left for Caps (87) and Pit (81) - if we go 8-6 we're at 103 and Pit would need to go 11-3 to tie
Not too shabbvbbvyy

ARI got themselves within 1 pt of WC2 with a game in hand, good for them

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Yeah, what was up with that bow tie? Looked like they were going to some fancy Ball.

Isles honoring Bill Torrey tonight.

cut.jpg

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Indulged and watched the last 3.5 hrs of NHL action, digging every result tonight
CBJ over PIT (watched last 2 pds. CBJ finally had a good game, PIT looked very average except Murray had some good saves incl. one ridic blocker save, Sid - 0 pts and a -3)
PHI over NYI - Isles looked weak and desperate w/bad defensive schemes, Trotz w/the bowtie :lol:
CAR over NSH - speedy CAR, seems like all their D can carry the mail into the zone

14 gms left for Caps (87) and Pit (81) - if we go 8-6 we're at 103 and Pit would need to go 11-3 to tie
Not too shabbvbbvyy

ARI got themselves within 1 pt of WC2 with a game in hand, good for them

I hope Arizona makes it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad