Blue Jays GDT: (2017 v5.0) @ TB |Tue, Aug 22| 7pmET/4pmPT |Rowley vs Archer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
He was out as soon as he hit him, you could see his eye roll back in his head as he was falling, damn.

Moncada was looking back at his teammate as he was falling, not screwing in pain so that didn't seem bad on the replay but he can't put any weight on it

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
that's a scary one. looks like it knocked him out. That's a concussion for sure. Moncada looks like he's in trouble too. I'm sure they don't want him to have a serious knee injury

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
To me that's int he glove long enough, he had it for like 4 seconds, it wasn't a transfer but come on man, if that's not a catch. It wasn't part of the slide or anything, the glove just tipped over due to loss of consciousness.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
To me that's int he glove long enough, he had it for like 4 seconds, it wasn't a transfer but come on man, if that's not a catch. It wasn't part of the slide or anything, the glove just tipped over due to loss of consciousness.

I thought the rule was you had to take the ball out of your glove with your other hand for it to be a catch.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
In my day, you stayed in the game after getting your bell rung! We didn't know how bad concussions were, even if they were mild!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I thought the rule was you had to take the ball out of your glove with your other hand for it to be a catch.

That is correct. It's only a catch if you show control by taking it out of your glove successfully.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

You do. I just disagree with it. As long as the ball falling out has nothing to do with the play or the act of catching it it should count. The dude was unconscious, laying on the ground, had the ball caught for 4 or 5 seconds and his body going limp caused the glove to turn sideways and the ball fell out. The rules may call it not a catch, but that should be a catch.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
You do. I just disagree with it. As long as the ball falling out has nothing to do with the play or the act of catching it it should count. The dude was unconscious, laying on the ground, had the ball caught for 4 or 5 seconds and his body going limp caused the glove to turn sideways and the ball fell out. The rules may call it not a catch, but that should be a catch.

Nope, it's not a catch if player can't control getting ball out of glove! That's the rule, plain and simple!

The moral of the story is to take the ball out of your glove first, then lose consciousness! :laugh:

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Rule 2.00 "In establishing the validity of the catch, the fielder shall hold the ball long enough to prove that he has complete control of the ball and that his release of the ball is voluntary and intentional. If the fielder has made the catch and drops the ball while in the act of making a throw following the catch, the ball shall be adjudged to have been caught."

In this instance the key phrase is dropping the ball voluntary and intentional. Which was not the case in this catch. Feel bad for him, and the 3 runs, kinda adds insult to injury on the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad