WC: 2017 Team Finland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Actually later discovered that Ristolainen himself left from the camp that year.

As far as I know, that's an unconfirmed rumour. But it's true that it should not matter at this point. Different head coach, unless his problem is with the rest of the managment team.

I'm dissapointed, because in my eyes RR is a possible future C for our NT, and this isn't a positive sign. I can understand it from a personal perspective though.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I hope Rantanen goes, and I think he will. But I wouldn't blame him if he didn't with the way they barely let him play in the tournament last year. He legitimately had an injury too, he was spotted wearing a boot last week. But if he's cleared I'm sure he'll do it.

I'm very happy Rantanen is coming. Always like to watch him play.

I think he said about a month ago that if health allows he'd like to continue playing at the Worlds, he seemed very motivated in that interview.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Yay. We have a pretty solid first line now. Aho-Filppula-Rantanen.

Getting some additions for 2nd would be nice too, but if nothing else drops, I'd still be quite content with Haapala-Aaltonen-Palola.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
is Laine coming?
No, he isn't. And his declination has been reported by Laine himself, his club, Liitto and pretty much every news media in Finland. Not to mention the matter has been covered extensively over the last couple of pages of this very thread.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
No, he isn't. And his declination has been reported by Laine himself, his club, Liitto and pretty much every news media in Finland. Not to mention the matter has been covered extensively over the last couple of pages of this very thread.

I havent been following all the pages of this thread, just been watching our sports channels here mostly aside from the Canadian whc thread here.

You seem to be taking the news of his absence quite hard, your reply was very harsh and in an insulting/confrontational manner for such an innocent question, time for a few drinks perhaps?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up regardless.Perhaps next time you could add courtesy and friendliness to your efforts, it would go a long way!!

cheers.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
^I didn't mean to come across as confrontational. My apologies if I did.

But if you felt a sting regardless, might I suggest you take a look around for maybe five minutes before asking a question with the answer so easily available? That way you don't have to cover your embarrassment by accusing others of being confrontational.

Again, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
possible other nhl players?
Confirmed:

Honka
Aho
Rantanen
Filppula

Still possible:

Armia
Lehtonen
Niemi
Pulkkinen
And of course some more after the first round.

Declined/injured:

Laine
Ristolainen
Teräväinen
Lindell
Jokinen
Barkov

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
^I didn't mean to come across as confrontational. My apologies if I did.

But if you felt a sting regardless, might I suggest you take a look around for maybe five minutes before asking a question with the answer so easily available? That way you don't have to cover your embarrassment by accusing others of being confrontational.

Again, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

No worries, and yes, I could have spent a few moments checking out previous pages. I wasn't covering for any embarrassment however, I'm the type of person who does not get caught up in things like if a person has been following a thread like glue and just answer the question if they ask it, I see no reason to do otherwise. So i was not embarrassed at all, just thought the response to the question was out of sorts considering it was just a simple question.

Perhaps it's a culture difference, Canadians tend to be pretty easy going and don't sweat stuff such as that, we don't give things like that a second thought for the most part.

Have a good one.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I hope Rantanen goes, and I think he will. But I wouldn't blame him if he didn't with the way they barely let him play in the tournament last year. He legitimately had an injury too, he was spotted wearing a boot last week. But if he's cleared I'm sure he'll do it.

Yeah I remember that well. He wasn't treated right and I don't see it happening this year. Different coach and many other reasons.

And oh yeah, I guess Pulkkinen's also a possibility, if you wish to count him.

I don't want Pulkkinen this time. He didn't get to play enough and we have a lot of forwards wanting in. Of course no one has a shot like that for PP of the current roster but I'd say for example Aho is overall better goal scorer and Rantanen. I think we got enough offensive talented players and can focus on two way KHL players for the remaining spots unless we got something from NHL playoffs.

I say let Pulkkinen become a KHL star and come back to NT in couple of years or whenever he makes that breakthrough there. Of course there's a small chance that some team like Vegas takes him as free agent and he remains a NHL player but pretty low chance for that.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
As a side note, is it just me, or has something changed with our NT's press policy? Getting official confirmations to any possible NHL additions used to be far more arduous process - sometimes there was stuff you had heard through back channels weeks before they were finally published by the management. I remember following the other countries' team building processes and being envious about how quickly they'd get the news out.

It feels like the medical exams after their NHL seasons end happen a lot faster than before. There is probably more to it than that though.

Aho-Filppula-Rantanen
Lehkonen-Aaltonen-Pulkkinen
Kapanen-Koskiranta-Palola
Pyörälä-Kemppainen-Pihlström

It's pretty realistic and could happen. I like it but I have a problem with Pulkkinen. Replace Pulkkinen with maybe Savinainen.

If Minnesota will get eliminated and Granny and Koivu would come we would become one of the gold favorites, but I don't expect them to come cause they come so often. Can't blame them if they recharge batteries one time.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
It feels like the medical exams after their NHL seasons end happen a lot faster than before. There is probably more to it than that though.

It's pretty realistic and could happen. I like it but I have a problem with Pulkkinen. Replace Pulkkinen with maybe Savinainen.

If Minnesota will get eliminated and Granny and Koivu would come we would become one of the gold favorites, but I don't expect them to come cause they come so often. Can't blame them if they recharge batteries one time.

Granny won't come due to contract issues. Maybe Koivu. Not too much need for Pulkkinen unless we don't get any first round exit reinforcements. That being said, they should still keep at least 1 slot open for round 2 losers.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Granny won't come due to contract issues. Maybe Koivu. Not too much need for Pulkkinen unless we don't get any first round exit reinforcements. That being said, they should still keep at least 1 slot open for round 2 losers.

Oh yeah. Damn. Well I doubt Koivu comes without Granlund. I could be wrong though.

This is where Koivu surprises you and comes anyways while we got Ristolainen doing the opposite. It's just so disappointing from a young player vs veterans ala Filppula & Koivu who have done more than enough for their NT duty and could stop their NT careers here and no one would blame them if they did so. I mean in previous years already I thought it's OK for Koivu to skip some WHC's but he just surprises you positively.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I don't want Pulkkinen this time. He didn't get to play enough and we have a lot of forwards wanting in.
I'm by no means advocating a direct spot in the final team, like I said earlier, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get a tryout. He's still got potential and it'd be nice to see him get a fair treatment unlike last year. He was shafted a little back then.

That being said, I don't however feel like we're passing something unique if they choose to not give Pulu a shot. He's a player who's only useful in a very narrow niche, and he would be in direct competition for that same habitat with Palola, with some meager differences. Well, they could both fit in, only not in the same line and PP unit. But yeah, I'm not going to pine after Pulkkinen if they choose to pass on him.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Salomäki has missed the whole season with injuries, safe to say he won't come even if Nashville is eliminated.

At this point I'm hoping for Lehkonen and Nutivaara. I doubt Määttä goes if Pitts is out.
Also, although both Donskoi and Lehterä have had bad seasons, I'd still take them if available.
I think Edmonton will take out San Jose. Let's see what happens.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
What a day of hockey tomorrow. Men play Denmark and U18 has FIN-SVK and TV2 shows them both.

Any thoughts on whether Puljujärvi could make the roster if the Oilers release him?

For sure he would. Remember that Marjamäki used to coach him. There are a lot of forwards that are currently on his level competing for the same spot, but remembering Pulju's age and talent he should be given a spot. Would be idiotic not to. Guy's a winner in national team tournaments. Only 2 golds last season.

and he would be in direct competition for that same habitat with Palola, with some meager differences. Well, they could both fit in, only not in the same line and PP unit. But yeah, I'm not going to pine after Pulkkinen if they choose to pass on him.

Yeah Palola is sort of good comparison. I'd even prefer Palola over him due to activity and having spent a season on Euro sized rink.

Pulu should skip this, have a good summer training, hope to not get injured. Start to make a breakthrough wherever it is. If he can become a beast in KHL he can still make his NHL dreams come true later.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Any thoughts on whether Puljujärvi could make the roster if the Oilers release him?
If the Oilers release him, that most likely means our management has asked for him, which would mean they have some kind of plans for him. Of course, he'd still have to show during the camp that he's not completely dead weight, but at that point his chances would be better than decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad