GDT: 2017 NHL Draft: The waiting is over! The NYR will pick in the first round!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Leave it to the Rangers to finally have a pick in a first round that is one of the worst in years. Way to go Sather!

Ehh, this isn't really true, this draft is underrated because it lacks elite talent at the top. The depth is good and the draft is very comparable to the Yak/RNH years.
I'd say this draft has above average depth.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Since I think most of the dmen we want will be gone, I'd like to trade back to get an extra pick tomorrow and nab Rob Thomas or Josh Norris in the first

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Ehh, this isn't really true, this draft is underrated because it lacks elite talent at the top. The depth is good and the draft is very comparable to the Yak/RNH years.
I'd say this draft has above average depth.

It sucked having a 1st round pick in those drafts and only coming away with Miller and Skjei. Damn you, Sather!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We just want the next Swedish Brian Leetch. Is that too much to ask?

The comparable I've always heard for Brannstrom was Kimmo Timmonen. If there's a comparable to Leetch in the NHL right now it's Erik Karlsson.

Brannstrom would be a great pick but I seriously doubt he's going to be the another Brian Leetch.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Had this posted in the draft thread leading up to today, but think it could be used here, as well

So every year, the day before the actual draft, I compile a bunch of BOLD predictions that I think could happen and surprise some people. This is just for ***** and gigs, so let me know what you guys think....

- Devils will pick Nico Hischier with the 1st pick.

- Nolan Patrick will slide a bit, due to injury concerns, but still be selected in the top 5.

- Casey Mittelstadt will fall far, but still be picked in the 1st round.

- Some team will reach for Kailer Yamamoto in the top 15.

- There will be a lot of movement on the first day of the draft, including Matt Duchene.

- Vegas will not keep all of their 1st rounders tomorrow. Will trade back to grab more picks.

- Filip Chytil/Jaret Anderson-Dolan/Ivan Lodnia will all be selected in the 1st round.

- At least two goalies will be taken in the 1st round. 1st one will be DiPietro; 2nd will be Oettinger.

- Nikita Popugaev/Kole Lind/Robert Thomas will NOT be selected in the 1st round.

- The Rangers will make a move during the draft, be it the 1st day or the 2nd day, but they will have only ONE 1st rounder.

- The Rangers will select Callan Foote, even if Brannstrom still on the board.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I could see all this happening. There is always a lot of unpredictable things that happen on draft day.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I would give up a lot to go get Nolan Patrick if he slides past 2.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
It sucked having a 1st round pick in those drafts and only coming away with Miller and Skjei. Damn you, Sather!

Exactly... And i'd argue this draft is deeper then both in that same range so... Kill the dumb "weakest draft ever" narrative please.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
What's "a lot"? :sarcasm:

Well, we don't have a lot to give. But I'd be on the phone.

If we got, say, 7OA and Dylan Strome for Stepan, I'd then be looking to package 7 and 21 to move up for him, throw something else in too if needed.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

If we got, say, 7OA and Dylan Strome for Stepan, I'd then be looking to package 7 and 21 to move up for him, throw something else in too if needed.

If the Rangers get to 7OA, I'm taking Liljegren and going home very happy.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Forget Stepan and all of this 7OA business. I at least hope they move Raanta for 35 from Arizona. Good value and a sensible trade for both sides.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN

If we get the 7 draft makar/lilgren in that order and brannstom/yammamoto in that order. To possibly come away with makar and brannstrom would instantly be the best d prospects we have in the pipeline

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Rangers will pick in the first round.*

*Unless they don't.

Did you hear GMJG's interview yesterday? He said he told his scouts that he was definitely not trading this pick. Obviously that could change if he gets offered an excellent offer, but he seemed pretty set on not trading it.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Did you hear GMJG's interview yesterday? He said he told his scouts that he was definitely not trading this pick. Obviously that could change if he gets offered an excellent offer, but he seemed pretty set on not trading it.

I don't believe anything anymore until it happens. What if all the players they like at 21 get picked and they decide to trade down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad