Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
His puck handling is def impressive. The vision/maybe smarts stands out as well.

But his release is odd. Like it's all in the arms. Makes it deceptive I guess, but still strikes me as something that needs correction.

Not a big time skater either.

I was very much warming up to him as a potential pick, but that vid has cooled that idea a little.

imagine if he learns how to use more than just his arms.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
We just need to stay away from a defensemen if we're picking top five. I see us talking one of Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Glass, Necas and finally Tippett. I believe Shero rather add a center and there really isn't a big difference between that bunch.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Lots of doom and gloom surrounding Patrick lately (injuries, play in general). Hischier hasn't been lighting the world on fire recently either. The top-3 could get interesting.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Recent mock draft from the guy who had McLeod over Dubois last year.

https://recrutes.ca/

#1 Avs, Nico Hischier, C

#2 Ari, Nolan Patrick, C

#3 LV, Miro Heiskanen, D

#4 NJ, Cody Glass, C

I wasn't familiar with Glass, so I looked him up. 94 points in 68 games for Portland in the WHL, 1.38 PPG. Nolan Patrick is 1.39 PPG in the same league.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201704

Glass is lanky as hell, too. 6'2, 179 lbs. Reminds me of Ryan Johansen, who was also a Winterhawk and went 4th overall.

Glass is definitely very interesting. I doubt he goes top 5 though. He'll probably sneak into the top 10. If we don't get a top 3 pick I'd definitely be interested in trading down to pick a guy like Glass. If for some reason he isn't picked up in the top 10 I'd also do whatever it takes to package some of our other picks to try and get a mid round 1st to pick him.

Mike27Devils

Apr 24, 2015
Stan mentioned to watch Vilardi go first in this year's draft. Certainly a possibility.

He's cooled of recently but he has the size, skill, and hockey IQ to be a very good player. If he gets his skating above average at the NHL level he will be an elite center. He is also young doesn't turn 18 till july or august i believe. The only thing I notice is he doesn't have great endurance similar to some of the issues zacha was dealing with earlier this year.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
If we end up with the 4th overall pick, I wouldn't mind trying to move with the Yotes (if they have the 2nd overall pick) in order to land Hischier. They have a boat load of promising forwards and they might be willing to drop a couple of spots in order to add more picks plus select one of Liljegren or Makar.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I would pick Nico so we can make "hey cousin, want to go bowling" memes

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I actually don't think there's much to choose between Hischier, Patrick & Vilardi; getting any of them would be a tremendous boon for this organization.

So what you are saying is the Devils will end up picking 4th and all of those guys will be gone. :sarcasm:

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
We just need to stay away from a defensemen if we're picking top five. I see us talking one of Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Glass, Necas and finally Tippett. I believe Shero rather add a center and there really isn't a big difference between that bunch.

The draft pool has gotten a lot of hate but I'm really encouraged by the upside of a number of the 'lesser-tiered' forwards. Getting Hischier or Patrick would be great but I could find a lot to be excited about with many of the other available kids.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Patrick is getting over analyzed... I can almost guarantee he'll go #1. There's not a team out there who would pass the opportunity to land a future #1 center. Hischier is a amazing talent but you win with elite depth down the middle and I see Nico more as a winger then a center.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
My dream is:

- Pick top 3: grab Hirscher, Patrick or Vilardi.
- Trade back into the first and snag Brannstrom.

That would be a heck of a haul and It's actually possible.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Just ran the sim 5 times and we fell to 6th first try. Second time got 2nd, third we got 1st, fourth we picked 4th, and finally for the 5th sim we got pick number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad