GDT: 2017 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Sort of but it's not quite the same as guys like Jost or ROR or Parise, who have more of a dogged pace. Nate doesn't spend as much time stopping and starting and always moving his feet to attack loose pucks or puck carriers with second and third efforts.

Nate hustles and attacks in his own way but it's more just using his elite speed and not slowing down. He's more of a runaway train style than that Tasmanian devil style if that makes any sense.

Mackinnon is about unleashing his energy in almost manic bursts once he touches the puck, guys like Jost are about competing and going 100% every second they are on the ice.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I'm in full support of the tank for Dahlin next year.

He's gonna be the McDavid of Defense. Obviously wont be as good of a player as McDavid, but as a Dman he'll probably be close to as big of an impact on the game as McDavid has.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
Tanking next year would be wonderful and have been preaching it for a while. However, that would mean that the core would have to be gutted or we are too competitive.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Ya I'm in full support of the tank for Dahlin next year.

He's gonna be the McDavid of Defense. Obviously wont be as good of a player as McDavid, but as a Dman he'll probably be close to as big of an impact on the game as McDavid has.

how much worse is Liljegren? if they both unleash their full potential eventually, which one is better?

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We very well know this team doesn't tank when there are players like McDavid available, they seem to find ways to win some meaningless games those years only to pick 10th. This year they will finish last because it's another weak draft, and since next year is when they could draft a true elite player, they'll finish 20th or 21st place.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Not sure why any team would try to tank these days with the current lottery odds. It just does not seem like a smart mathematical bet.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We very well know this team doesn't tank when there are players like McDavid available, they seem to find ways to win some meaningless games those years only to pick 10th. This year they will finish last because it's another weak draft, and since next year is when they could draft a true elite player, they'll finish 20th or 21st place.

You're right. The Avs are actively trying to sabotage themselves by tanking in the weak drafts and going for it in the good drafts.

:rolleyes:

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Does lottery rank all teams regardless of where they finish? In other words could Avs finish last but pick 30th or do they only slip so far?

Thanks

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Does lottery rank all teams regardless of where they finish? In other words could Avs finish last but pick 30th or do they only slip so far?

Thanks

I believe it's you can only get moved back 3 spots, although Vegas is considered 3rd and if we end up third and neither of us win a lotto spot I think they'd get ranked ahead. But basically 1st picks no lower than 4th.

And we are getting away from the topic of this thread so let's wrap up the tanking discussion.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
You can't tank for players these days. If it happens, it happens. Need a lot of lottery luck.

Dahlin is looking good though. With the way he's holding his own against grown men in SHL, it's not surprising.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Oh, okay. Czech Republic scores with a minute to go.

Does this mean I can forget about this tournament again like we always have anyway?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Czechs are my dark horse pick, don't tell Mikko. ;)

I think Finland will be mid pack but tough to tell after one game.

Yeah, it does feel like a "losing the must win game" kinda year. But the roster's pretty good though, you've gotta see more outta them than what was seen today. However, I've grown to dislike Vehviläinen, a full-time FEL goalie who always seems to play **** when he's not supposed to.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad