GDT: 2017 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Jost 2 chances in tight failed on both...trade him while his value is high.

Bring out the bust signs!

I think they are in the cellar back from when we used them for Siemens, Hishon and Bleackley!

Does Hischier look #1 overall good tonight ?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Jost has had a really good 3rd period. Good response by himself to help match Hischier's in the 2nd.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Love Jost's motor and he has skill to go with it.

That combo is what's gonna make him a really good NHler. A lot of guys have a good motor, but they don't have the skill and vision to go with it. It's why he always reminds me of Parise.

He's just always moving his feet, always digging and working, and then when he gets the puck he knows what to do with it. Really good at creating something out of nothing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wow, that wraparound attempt on the backhand by Hischier was almost a highlight reel goal. He got all the way around to the far side in a millisecond. Great edge work and puck skills.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Is it bad that I'm more excited about Jost than I am about MacKinnon? I just love high motor, high skill guys. It rubs off on the whole team.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would consider Mackinnon a high motor, high skilled guy. Jost just might be hockey smarter than Mackinnon the same way Rantanen is.

Sort of but it's not quite the same as guys like Jost or ROR or Parise, who have more of a dogged pace. Nate doesn't spend as much time stopping and starting and always moving his feet to attack loose pucks or puck carriers with second and third efforts.

Nate hustles and attacks in his own way but it's more just using his elite speed and not slowing down. He's more of a runaway train style than that Tasmanian devil style if that makes any sense.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sort of but it's not quite the same as guys like Jost or ROR or Parise, who have more of a dogged pace. Nate doesn't spend as much time stopping and starting and always moving his feet to attack loose pucks or puck carriers with second and third efforts.

Nate hustles and attacks in his own way but it's more just using his elite speed and not slowing down. He's more of a runaway train style than that Tasmanian devil style if that makes any sense.

AJ Greer has that Tasmanian devil on PCP style when hes after a puck. Love it. Need more of it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
AJ Greer has that Tasmanian devil on PCP style when hes after a puck. Love it. Need more of it.

Definitely does. AJ reminds me a bit of Deadmarsh in that sense because he doesn't seem afraid of anybody either. He's coming in hot and bumping shoulders, and winning battles, and then getting in scrums and not backing down, but also has the skill and smarts to maybe play with skill guys in the top 6. His style is gonna get under a lot of guys skin, and that also is an element they're missing. Takes the focus off the skill guys.

Gonna be interesting seeing his development. Seeing if he's more of a 3rd line guy, or a tweener like McGinn, or a legit top 6 complimentary guy like Deadmarsh. I think he's got a very good chance at one of the latter two. Very intriguing prospect.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How come Nolan Patrick wasn't selected for team Canada? anyone knows?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How come Nolan Patrick wasn't selected for team Canada? anyone knows?

He played with a sports hernia at the end of last year and then had surgery. This year he probably tried to come back a little too early in the dub. He said he needs to re-train his muscles more to work properly. That's why he's been out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad