2017-18 Roster Talk: Part Ten

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yes the first line, the D man who plays 25 minutes a night plus the 1st team PP score all the goals.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
To me Gudas does seem to be the dman that will be traded at the deadline depending on the flyers record or in the off season. If he doesn't screw up again he does have good value and would return a decent amount. Next season you have Provy/Macdonald, Morin/Ghost, Sanheim/Hagg and possibly Myers in the mix.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
And those 3 wins came when MacDonald returned to the lineup. Imagine if he didn't come back?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'm not sure about Gudas' value around the league, tbh. He's a solid top 4 defender, but he's also managed to earn a reputation.
I wouldn't mind testing the waters, though.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I like Gudas a lot and he is one of the more entertaining players on the Flyers but he would be much easier to trade then MacDonald. If the Flyers are still in the playoff hunt at the deadline he would be good to keep but if not he should return something good while opening up a spot for the youngsters. That is if our coach would even play them.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
To me Gudas does seem to be the dman that will be traded at the deadline depending on the flyers record or in the off season. If he doesn't screw up again he does have good value and would return a decent amount. Next season you have Provy/Macdonald, Morin/Ghost, Sanheim/Hagg and possibly Myers in the mix.
The D discussion is interesting. The left side looks really strong, Provy,Sanheim, Ghost and Morin. The right side is comparatively weak Amac, Gudas, Hagg and Myers. Maybe Myers can develop into a 1 D and either Ghost or Sanheim could move to the right. I actually would prefer to see a trade for Provy's partner for the next ten years and let Myers eventually become 2rhd at his own pace. I like having a great top 4 D. Provy Sanheim Myers and ????. I would trade any of the other D for a great young RHD.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
The D discussion is interesting. The left side looks really strong, Provy,Sanheim, Ghost and Morin. The right side is comparatively weak Amac, Gudas, Hagg and Myers. Maybe Myers can develop into a 1 D and either Ghost or Sanheim could move to the right. I actually would prefer to see a trade for Provy's partner for the next ten years and let Myers eventually become 2rhd at his own pace. I like having a great top 4 D. Provy Sanheim Myers and ????. I would trade any of the other D for a great young RHD.

Or we could wait and sign Doughty :thumbu: Provy/Doughty/Ghost/Sanheim/Morin/Myers/Hagg could possibly carry this team to the playoffs for multiple seasons alone.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm not sure about Gudas' value around the league, tbh. He's a solid top 4 defender, but he's also managed to earn a reputation.
I wouldn't mind testing the waters, though.

I don’t want to trade Gudas, but you just need the GM of one contender to be a big fan of him to get a great return. Doesn’t matter if another half dozen GMs have no interest.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem with trading Gudas is he's our only natural RHD right now, Myers next year, Friedman ???
Yes, some LHDs can play on the right side, but for many it reduces their effectiveness, and it's a lot to ask of a young D-man adjusting to the NHL.

So someone would have to make me an offer I can't refuse.
It's more likely they'd trade Ghost or Morin to ease the LHD logjam, as part of a package for a top RHD.
To me Provorov, Sanheim and Myers are untouchables, due to their upside.

Reactions: NYCFlyer and RANKKA

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Problem with trading Gudas is he's our only natural RHD right now, Myers next year, Friedman ???
Yes, some LHDs can play on the right side, but for many it reduces their effectiveness, and it's a lot to ask of a young D-man adjusting to the NHL.

So someone would have to make me an offer I can't refuse.
It's more likely they'd trade Ghost or Morin to ease the LHD logjam, as part of a package for a top RHD.
To me Provorov, Sanheim and Myers are untouchables, due to their upside.

You're forgetting Mark Alt. He puts in the work and is reliable and tough, not reckless, on the blueline.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're forgetting Mark Alt. He puts in the work and is reliable and tough, not reckless, on the blueline.

He'd replace Hagg or MacDonald as the 3rd pair RHD, but he's not good enough to be more than a #6/#7 D-man. To me, Alt is a less offensively talent but more responsible version of Manning.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Karlsson would be huge and I'd think it would be something like Simmonds+Ghost for him. I always wanted Doughty, but Karlsson is one of the best players in the league.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Karlsson is better than Ghost, but the gap isn't $7-8m per year. Especially not after that injury. That money could be used so much better elsewhere.

Ghost is pacing for 67 points in 79 games this year. That's pretty ridiculous, even if I expect that to drop a bit, and he has had some secondary assist luck this year. But he certainly could be a yearly 55-60+ point guy, as I've always thought even last year, and his 5v5 scoring is back to 15-16 levels and top 20 for d-men/60 minutes (>400 min). I think Provorov-Ghost would be a beautiful top pair, and there is meat on the bone for him, not that I ever expect these coaches to recognize that. For EK's future $11-12 million or so, you could pay Provorov+Ghost and still have extra millions.

But Karlsson is a generational talent.......*consults definition*........yep. We're talking about a one-man team who can hit p/pg levels, dominate at all-strengths, and play 30 min/game+. His injury is worrisome, his play has really dropped off the last few weeks, and he's had some bad injuries before too. It's like the question of would you rather have, say, Sean Monahan at $6.4 mil or McDavid at $12.5 mil? I don't see this as realistic really, so it's all just talk, but EK isn't just special; he's god tier. Of course to sign him to that contract, you know you have to load up with ELCs and cheap contracts to work around that contract. Flyers like wasting ELC years. It's not really worth worrying about though because it's all fantasy.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ghost is pacing for 67 points in 79 games this year. That's pretty ridiculous, even if I expect that to drop a bit, and he has had some secondary assist luck this year. But he certainly could be a yearly 55-60+ point guy, as I've always thought even last year, and his 5v5 scoring is back to 15-16 levels and top 20 for d-men/60 minutes (>400 min). I think Provorov-Ghost would be a beautiful top pair, and there is meat on the bone for him, not that I ever expect these coaches to recognize that. For EK's future $11-12 million or so, you could pay Provorov+Ghost and still have extra millions.

But Karlsson is a generational talent.......*consults definition*........yep. We're talking about a one-man team who can hit p/pg levels, dominate at all-strengths, and play 30 min/game+. His injury is worrisome, his play has really dropped off the last few weeks, and he's had some bad injuries before too. It's like the question of would you rather have, say, Sean Monahan at $6.4 mil or McDavid at $12.5 mil? I don't see this as realistic really, so it's all just talk, but EK isn't just special; he's god tier. Of course to sign him to that contract, you know you have to load up with ELCs and cheap contracts to work around that contract. Flyers like wasting ELC years. It's not really worth worrying about though because it's all fantasy.
You said the exact same thing about Weal. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad