2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
the guy at the beginning said Voynov "would like to return". Then he also said "if he does". :damnpc:

Voynov could have already undertaken the initial immigration steps - application for entry ban waiver. That wouldn't need to wait until the end of the KHL season. That would take 6 months, perhaps more due to his criminal history.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
the guy at the beginning said Voynov "would like to return". Then he also said "if he does". :damnpc:

Voynov could have already undertaken the initial immigration steps - application for entry ban waiver. That wouldn't need to wait until the end of the KHL season. That would take 6 months, perhaps more due to his criminal history.
Both can be true, he wants to come back to the NHL but might get rejected or the process can be too much of a headache and pull out . That's what I think he meant, if chooses to go through it'd be a process.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Paajarvi has the same number of goals and assists as Andreoff...

Have they played similar minutes? I am indifferent if the kings pick him up good. I thought he used to be a tough winger who wasn't afraid to go to the boards. Pretty much what Andy A should be, but I think MPS has more speed.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Is Erik Gudbranson any good? I know he was like a top 3 pick but he's a #4/5 right? Maybe that's someone we could go after?
He’s completely overrated. For starters, he grew into a good size man from his 18 year old frame, so much so that you could not begin to imagine how much this would later impact his mobility. In the end, a waste of a 3 overall pick. Does he belong in NHL? Yes. To me though, you have a hard time arguing he is any better than Forbort. Talk about the misses on D in the first round of the 2010 draft. Gormley, McIlrath, Tinordi. Even to think Cam F was picked 11th? Pysek was the other and he is currently with Fla not Buffalo. Forbort and Fowler are the only two still with the teams that drafted them.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014

Entry into the US. But there also is the issue of whether he could enter Canada.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
The Kings will make Doughty an offer this summer. No other team can make him an offer until July 1 2019. If the Kings offer is reasonable good, and he does not take it, start to look for the Kings to trade him by the 2019 deadline. There is no way in the world you let this go without getting a proper return, or god forbid, no return. The longer the Kings wait, the less they will probably get imo. But that part is debatable. I would add that the team that holds him can offer him an 8 year deal as opposed to 7. This is a big carrot the Kings hold in a trade. If Drew goes all the way to July 1, 2019 as a UFA, only the Kings could give him 8. All others 7.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
The Kings will make Doughty an offer this summer. No other team can make him an offer until July 1 2019. If the Kings offer is reasonable good, and he does not take it, start to look for the Kings to trade him by the 2019 deadline. There is no way in the world you let this go without getting a proper return, or god forbid, no return. The longer the Kings wait, the less they will probably get imo. But that part is debatable. I would add that the team that holds him can offer him an 8 year deal as opposed to 7. This is a big carrot the Kings hold in a trade. If Drew goes all the way to July 1, 2019 as a UFA, only the Kings could give him 8. All others 7.

2019 deadline would be way to late to trade Doughty.You've to extend Doughty this offseason and if you can't you trade him then to get max return.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I hope he is allowed back and LA uses his rights as a trade chip only. Do not want to see him back as a king but also do not want to lose the asset value.

About the time he would be allowed to come back ,I believe the Kings would've lost his rights.If he does return,I hope he plays for the Kings.Many people love to play social justice warriors like parrots and look foolish when doing so,cause they don't apply those same morals during everyday life.VV has had his punishment and hasn't played in the NHL for a few years.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
People are saying they miss the good years from certain players: this isn't a "wish we had the 2017 version of Matt Greene out there".

It's just wistful nostalgia for a time when the team was good v. the garbage we've been watching lately. To that degree, I also miss 1989 Gretzky, 1998 Blake and 2001 Stu Grimson.

If you think this is garbage then I guess you weren’t around in the 70’s and early 80’s as there was many garbage seasons much worse than what we have now.

Reactions: deaderhead28

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I hope he is allowed back and LA uses his rights as a trade chip only. Do not want to see him back as a king but also do not want to lose the asset value.

If he is able to come back to the NHL I would welcome him back to our blue line in a heartbeat. He is just what we need and many have done much worse and come back to play in the league.

Reactions: KingTrouty

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Definitely agree there although I'd be shocked if the Kings got a solid answer out of Doughty this summer.
The kings can make it very hard for him to say no. The latest rumor I remember hearing about was the kings are prepared to offer 12mx8. That's 96 million over the contract. Since other teams can only offer 7 years they would have to offer 13.71m. And with guaranteed contracts. They can could ask him if he thinks anyone would offer him that. At 12m he'd be the second highest paid player in the league, maybe 3rd after EK signs. But the 13.71m would put him number 1 and by 1.21m

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
If Doughty balks at whatever massive offer the Kings give him, Blake needs to start working the phones right away.

Trade him over the summer for a bluechip young forward, a young PMD with top four potential, and a 1st round pick.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
If you think this is garbage then I guess you weren’t around in the 70’s and early 80’s as there was many garbage seasons much worse than what we have now.

Well, I've been at Staples for most every game since the 2001-02 season so I've been front and center for "worse"; however, I believe they were 1-6 in their last seven when I typed "the garbage we've been watching lately".

Unless there is a Kings team that went 0-7 during every seven game stretch, there isn't anything much worse than what we were watching when I made that post. At least you'd get some fights and spice during the 70's and 80s bad teams to go with the losses.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The kings can make it very hard for him to say no. The latest rumor I remember hearing about was the kings are prepared to offer 12mx8. That's 96 million over the contract. Since other teams can only offer 7 years they would have to offer 13.71m. And with guaranteed contracts. They can could ask him if he thinks anyone would offer him that. At 12m he'd be the second highest paid player in the league, maybe 3rd after EK signs. But the 13.71m would put him number 1 and by 1.21m
So, in this scenario the Kings would offer 8 years at a cap hit of $12M. Doughty doesn't sign it.

The Kings then call his bluff by not trading him and letting him become a UFA. Blake and the Kings continue to offer 8 years at $12M and essentially tell Doughty they don't think another team will offer him a 7-year deal at $13.7M. If Blake and the Kings are wrong, Doughty walks and the Kings get nothing.

Reactions: efhank

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
With a lack of right handed defense men, Slava would fix a big problem with this team. He could step right in and become a no. 2 defense men. But this team could use some muscle up front. An easy fix is La getting a tough guy from another minor league team. Then they could trade either Andreoff or Clifford. A harder fix is finding a wing that's not streaky scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad