2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Demers plays for who? Arizona right? I'm sure they'd be looking for a younger roster player.

Maybe something around Demers Retained for Brodzinski+Late pick?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Also, if Gravel plays one more NHL game he will have to clear waivers to be sent down. Amadio has a 17 game point streak so you have to wonder if he is on the Kings radar for a call up.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
So if the Kings were to place Jokinen on waivers and say send MacDermid and Fantenberg to Ontario would you think a move was coming or would they be calling up people from Ontario like Ladue

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
So if the Kings were to place Jokinen on waivers and say send MacDermid and Fantenberg to Ontario would you think a move was coming or would they be calling up people from Ontario like Ladue
Jokinen was already place on waivers. Were he to clear and go down to ONT, likely a forward would come up. LaDue is the only D man who is good enough to play in the NHL right now in ONT.

Reactions: funky

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
So MacDermid and Fantenberg made room for Amadio and Ladue, what did waiving Jokinen do? I’m assuming it makes room for Muzzin coming off of IR?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
i'm at all-time high salt levels regarding these moves

jokinen deserved much better, they treated him like a rookie.. macdermid was improving, send him down. i'm glad ladue is gonna get another chance, especially given how well gravel has slotted in but this is a very very soft team on the blue line now and we already give up the blue line way too easily. at least macdermid was willing to run guys at the blue line.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Sad to see Fantenberg's game kind of come off the rails. Hopefully he rights himself down in the AHL.
yeah i had pretty high expectations for him, definitely disappointing

sounded like the prototype for the kind of defenseman the kings need but it just never materialized

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
yeah i had pretty high expectations for him, definitely disappointing

sounded like the prototype for the kind of defenseman the kings need but it just never materialized

He was never going to be more than 5/6 mobile defender. But the Kings really do need more depth, hopefully Fantenberg puts it together.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
McNabb/Forbort.

These two are legit NHL Defenders that can both play in the top four. They are not stellar or Even very steady. But both can play NHL hockey at an average to above average rate.

That I can agree with. They're just inconsistent dmen. Nobody expects them to be Doughty, but asking them to do what they do best consistently isn't unfair, and that is something they've struggled with throughout their careers.

The same also applies to Muzzin and Martinez, though they provide more at both ends of the ice when they are playing up to their capabilities.

This team has had holes on the blueline since the whole Voynov mess and the departures of Mitchell and Regehr. They've brought in various players to fill those holes, even so far as bringing back Scuderi, and none of them have been able to stick.

Now it is up to the next cycle of defensemen who have been grooming in Ontario to fill these roles. Gravel needs to step it up. He's been too much of a pushover at this level. Ladue needs to prove himself as a top 4 dman at this level. MacDermid has struggled with the pace of the game and he's probably questioning himself out there. Fantenberg is a rookie, and Folin is a new addition who is trying to find his place here.

It's been a bit of a transition year for just about every defenseman beyond the top three, and it's been a very trying season for that group.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
So if Kempe is on Kopitar's wing, and Lewis takes the 2nd center spot, they go from a winger that can't win any faceoffs, to a winger that can't win most faceoffs. They're in total adapt mode right now though. Whatever can get them through one game with a win, however they have to do it.

No Carter, Brown has 3 in 13, Kopitar has 2 in 13, Gaborik is credited with 2 goals in 11, Iafallo can't score, Pearson has 2 in 13. Even with Muzzin, it's an inexperienced defense. Quick has been shaky lately. Their 1st and 2nd periods are still consistently sub par. 2-5-1 in the last 8, all against the West, and 7 against the Pacific. A lot of issues are converging at the same time.

5 games to get things going before another extended break. 3 of those games against the division. Thankfully all on the road, but Anaheim and Calgary have sort of taken it to the Kings this year. For the Ducks to get a point in LA without Getzlaf and Kesler, and a minute away from winning outright, that's not good. Someone has to stop the bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad