2017-18 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
So McNabb and Gudas are on your list of top 25 defensemen? There is not a single top 25 list that they crack. The notion that they belong with the likes of Norris caliber dmen is a ridiculous use of “metrics.”

Where did I say they were top 25 defensemen? Can you show me where because I certainly don't remember that? I just said McNabb isn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be, which the numbers bear out.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Where did I say they were top 25 defensemen? Can you show me where because I certainly don't remember that? I just said McNabb isn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be, which the numbers bear out.

But the numbers slot him in that group that you listed, in a group among Norris caliber defensemen. See why I don't put much merit in some of these silly, cherry picked numbers?

McNabb also isn't as great as some of you make him out to be. He's also earning a few more seconds of ice time than the likes of Engelland and Sbisa, guys widely regarded as bottom pairing dmen, who are suddenly averaging close to 20 minutes per game. They're averaging almost a minute or more per game this year with Vegas than they have in any previous season in their careers.

I guess since we are going by the numbers, then by definition they're top 4 defensemen as well? See where I'm getting at?

The suggestion that this team is missing McNabb is what I'm taking issue with. He was not a mobile defenseman. The Kings miss a mobile defenseman, like they had in Voynov. The Kings miss a big minute eating defenseman like Willie Mitchell, who could clean up the front of the net, and McNabb never displayed that he would be adequate in that role, nor was he ever a consistent performer.

Look at the comments from Golden Knights fans, they even point to him taking needless penalties, being exposed by fast skaters, which happened in the last game the Knights played in against Edmonton.

But hey, if Raccoon says his corsi numbers look great, then let's take his word and place McNabb on a pedestal and yearn his loss then cry about his mistreatment by other fans who didn't think so highly of him.

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
I’m probably in the minority especially due to his recent incident with Doughty, but I’d be on board with trading for Maroon and slotting him with Kopitar and Brown...

Only thing that worries me about Demers is that he has 3 years left on his deal.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
But the numbers slot him in that group that you listed, in a group among Norris caliber defensemen. See why I don't put much merit in some of these silly, cherry picked numbers?

McNabb also isn't as great as some of you make him out to be. He's also earning a few more seconds of ice time than the likes of Engelland and Sbisa, guys widely regarded as bottom pairing dmen, who are suddenly averaging close to 20 minutes per game. They're averaging almost a minute or more per game this year with Vegas than they have in any previous season in their careers.

I guess since we are going by the numbers, then by definition they're top 4 defensemen as well? See where I'm getting at?

The suggestion that this team is missing McNabb is what I'm taking issue with. He was not a mobile defenseman. The Kings miss a mobile defenseman, like they had in Voynov. The Kings miss a big minute eating defenseman like Willie Mitchell, who could clean up the front of the net, and McNabb never displayed that he would be adequate in that role, nor was he ever a consistent performer.

Look at the comments from Golden Knights fans, they even point to him taking needless penalties, being exposed by fast skaters, which happened in the last game the Knights played in against Edmonton.

But hey, if Raccoon says his corsi numbers look great, then let's take his word and place McNabb on a pedestal and yearn his loss then cry about his mistreatment by other fans who didn't think so highly of him.

I didn't mind Mcnabb, he had a few divvy moments, but most of our Dmen do. The bigger bruiser guys always get a bad rap, but they fill a role. Perhaps he wasn't good enough in front our net though.

Remember guys like Regehr and Green always copped the flack when they were here, yet we had success with them on the roster. Mitchell was a gem, he's the guy we desperately miss.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I didn't mind Mcnabb, he had a few divvy moments, but most of our Dmen do. The bigger bruiser guys always get a bad rap, but they fill a role. Perhaps he wasn't good enough in front our net though.

Remember guys like Regehr and Green always copped the flack when they were here, yet we had success with them on the roster. Mitchell was a gem, he's the guy we desperately miss.

I actually defended guys like Greene and Regehr because of how they handled guys around the net. Sure, they were slow footed and weren’t expected to make plays, but they bought room for their partners to make those decisions.

It’s something the current blueline is sorely lacking.

Reactions: Kingspiracy

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This board has become a lair for **** talking and complaing. Can' we make a separate thread to put all the whiners in? Seems like every thread for the most part ends up in a debate about how ****ty this team is. Came in here for rumors, kings new and tidbits.
Rumor has it Blake is looking to deal for a top 4 defenseman. The Kings don't have the assets to land one.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
as long as you guys are discussing Maroon--what would you guys be willing to give up in return. On the oiler board the name Mike Amadio came up or would guy rather give up a pick or two?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
ok well i don't see the need for the kings to match that to be honest Gravel would improve your defense situation and adding a 3rd to him is better then a 2nd imo

who does gravel play in front of

Klefbom
Nurse
Benning

The fact he is a LD hurts his value to the oilers==also if he was say 21/22 and not 25 with only 58 games under his belt.

Our D is not that bad--the entire team decided to regress this year

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
as long as you guys are discussing Maroon--what would you guys be willing to give up in return. On the oiler board the name Mike Amadio came up or would guy rather give up a pick or two?
I still have one of my Kings 2012 Stanley Cup Champions hats. Can we do a deal?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Iafallo - 2 goals in 42 games, 688 minutes

Shore - 3 goals in 41 games, 612 minutes
Mitchell - 2 goals in 17 games, 178 minutes
Brodzinski - 2 goals in 22 games, 211 minutes
Fantenberg - 2 goals in 26 games, 367 minutes
Andreoff - 2 goals in 29 games, 270 minutes
Folin - 2 goals in 29 games, 446 minutes

A great energy player for the 4th line, but Iafallo has little business being on a 1st line in the NHL right now. He's got the lowest goals per game up front on the roster. He's there because who else is it going to be. Gaborik is in or out, and if he's in you don't know who you're getting. Pearson has 8 goals, and is having either a down year, or is a dependent player, since he's not making much happen on his own from game to game. Pearson has the 3rd most PP time for forwards on the team, with 0 PP goals, and 2 PP points. I guess taking up space is worth something.

Iafallo, 3rd most time at ES, doesn't score. Pearson, 3rd most time on the PP, doesn't score.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Iafallo - 2 goals in 42 games, 688 minutes

Shore - 3 goals in 41 games, 612 minutes
Mitchell - 2 goals in 17 games, 178 minutes
Brodzinski - 2 goals in 22 games, 211 minutes
Fantenberg - 2 goals in 26 games, 367 minutes
Andreoff - 2 goals in 29 games, 270 minutes
Folin - 2 goals in 29 games, 446 minutes

A great energy player for the 4th line, but Iafallo has little business being on a 1st line in the NHL right now. He's got the lowest goals per game up front on the roster. He's there because who else is it going to be. Gaborik is in or out, and if he's in you don't know who you're getting. Pearson has 8 goals, and is having either a down year, or is a dependent player, since he's not making much happen on his own from game to game. Pearson has the 3rd most PP time for forwards on the team, with 0 PP goals, and 2 PP points. I guess taking up space is worth something.

Iafallo, 3rd most time at ES, doesn't score. Pearson, 3rd most time on the PP, doesn't score.

At least now we have concrete proof that the Kings are losing because of Kyle Clifford...

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I'm on board making a move (Demers). I think having both Clifford and AA in the lineup together is a bit pointless. Teams are burning thru 4 lines that contribute. If games are 3-2, doesn't it make sense to input players that can help you get to 3? I get the whole wearing the other team down bit, but how's that been working out since 14'? Time to add more skilled players.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Demers is already retained by Florida, so he’a just under 4 mill in cap for 3 more seasons, and not quite 30. If he can hold his own for even 18 minutes next to Martinez, he could be really good for us, good balance of term and cap for a top 4 D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad