2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
now Crosby's mad now too. Taking a lot of penalties.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
FIKbc2b.png

Kerricthebig

Jovial Imbecile
Nov 9, 2011
AV with the moronic challenge there. But we get to see the d.o.g. penalty for reviews put into effect

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Cant wait to watch the oilers game reffed completely different than all these early games.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Can't wait for the TO vs. Chi. game tomorrow. should be a doozy.
Maple leafs can play, and are fun to watch.
NYR really played bad in that first period, Lundqvist actually kept them in the game for the first 10 min or so (up until 3-1). I did not see the WPG game though.

It will be interesting to see them against more qualified opposition, that is certain. NYR figured them out, for a while, yesterday but couldn't keep it up.

When TOR is buzzing they look pretty much unstoppable, as long as they stay in the offensive zone.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
NYR really played bad in that first period, Lundqvist actually kept them in the game for the first 10 min or so (up until 3-1). I did not see the WPG game though.

It will be interesting to see them against more qualified opposition, that is certain. NYR figured them out, for a while, yesterday but couldn't keep it up.

When TOR is buzzing they look pretty much unstoppable, as long as they stay in the offensive zone.

that's what makes TO fun to watch....they can play offensively, but are circus defensively.
you're guarenteed excitement both ways.:laugh:

chicago oiler

Jul 17, 2010
So... Anybody think GMGM will solve his waiver-fiasco in Vegas anytime soon? Seems bizarre to waste Shipachyov like this...

(I asked on the Vegas board, but it seems kinda dead over there, so I'm not expecting terribly deep insights.)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Rookie Jesper Bratt has caught fire for the New Jersey Devils. Was a 6th round pick in 2016 and technically still has a year of junior eligiblity but here he is. 5 points in 2 games and looking like a seasoned pro out there. Wish Oilers would've used one of their picks on this kid. Thought he deserved to go in the 3rd or 4th round at the time, and would've gladly taken him over any of the three D we took in the 3rd. He was also still around when we picked Graham McPhee and Aapeli Räsänen. Disappointing. Kudos to the Devils though for finding such a gem.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I feel like Sabres did the opposite of the Oilers. They built around guys with questionable character and are now struggling, while Chia came in and brought in a ton of character guys. Really question whether they'll ever have success with that group. I think they may have made a mistake in turning the keys to the team over to Eichel immediately. They could use a vet like Lucic, or multiple guys of that ilk to mentor him. Eichel is basically in the same situation as Taylor Hall was when he was drafted by the Oilers, and Reinhart is Eberle, lol :D

Ok, maybe I'm reaching a little bit here, but if I was a Sabres fan I wouldn't have very much faith in their core & leadership group. They have some very talented players on their roster to be sure, but doesn't seem like the right mix in the locker room at all, and their defense is pretty putrid. Risto is their #1D and he can't play defense...

I feel bad for their fans. Suffering through those tanking years, losing out on McDavid and now being potentially stuck in another rebuild/retool type situation. And, like the Oilers of past years, their cupboards are pretty bare despite sucking so hard. Nylander and Mittelstadt are promising but there's no good D in the system. I guess if they miss the playoffs and luck into Dahlin their fortunes could change rather quickly, but the chance of that happening is still pretty slim.

Their GM has some tough work ahead.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
Completely OT, but I love the MLB postseason. Games basically every day unless otherwise needed for travel. The NHL's playoff schedule is almost self-important in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad