WC: 2016 Team Slovakia

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Ouch. What was the lineup?

J. Hudáček – MeszároÅ¡, Sersen, Graňák, Å varný, Rosandič, Kozák, ČereÅ¡ňák, Jánošík – Dravecký, Reway, Å ťastný – LuÅ¡ňák, Viedenský, Skalický – Hrnka, Marcinko, Bartánus – Hlinka, L. Hudáček, Handlovský

Å esťorkin – Pajgin, Jarullin, ĽubuÅ¡kin, Jakovlev, Vojnov, Belov, Dyblenko – Karpov, Loktionov, Kartajev – Averin, Galuzin, Apalkov – Dadonov, Å ipačov, Gusev – Sannikov, Å alunov, Å umakov

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
You just have to get rid of the players from the SVK league from this team. They just can't compete on the international forum. Bartanus couldn't even make it in CZE, I mean come on coach, you can't judge a player by his status in the Slovak league

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
You just have to get rid of the players from the SVK league from this team. They just can't compete on the international forum. Bartanus couldn't even make it in CZE, I mean come on coach, you can't judge a player by his status in the Slovak league

Unfortunately, not only players from our league are unable to compete internationally.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
So it's very likely that Tatar, Jurco, Hossa and Panik could soon be out of the playoffs as both Red Wings and Blackhawks are down 1-3 in their series. The four could theoretically play at IHWC and even show up for the last prep-game. In this case, the team could become a contender to make it to and beyond the quarters.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Hossa probably say no.
Panik, Tatar, Jurco say yes :)
Hrivik too :)

Konrad
Hudacek
Baros

Marincin - Sekera
Meszaros - Sersen
Granak - Cajkovsky
Mikus - Jaros

Tatar - Reway - Panik
Dano - Hrivik - Jurco
Hudacek - Viedensky - Cehlarik
Dravecky - Marcinko - Stastny
Lusnak, Bakos

No
Janosik
Svarny
Kotvan
Kozak

Bartanus
Hrnka
Hlinka

Speedthrash

Apr 4, 2016
So it's very likely that Tatar, Jurco, Hossa and Panik could soon be out of the playoffs as both Red Wings and Blackhawks are down 1-3 in their series. The four could theoretically play at IHWC and even show up for the last prep-game. In this case, the team could become a contender to make it to and beyond the quarters.

This is very optimistic and probably not realistic. Hossa will not come, Ciger said he is not counting with him, because of injuries...
The three others will make us better contender for play off spot, but definitely not for top 4.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
Ciger also said that he'll have to think about Jurco and Panik as they haven't played enough.
That's just ridiculous. They obviously have more quality than some of our current crop.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Man, I would like to see Hossa and Gáborík in national jersey once again. It's one of the last chances for them. Put Réway between them and we can prepare popcorn for us :popcorn: I really hope there's still a chance they will come :nod:

Last edited:

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Man, I would like to see Hossa and Gáborík in national jersey once again. It's one of the last chances for them. Put Réway between them and we can prepare popcorn for us :popcorn: I really hope there's still a chance they will come :nod:

for now, it is only a dream. But they have some years. I think, we will see some of them in national team. Hossa is a guy, that can be useful also when he will be 40 years old.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
for now, it is only a dream. But they have some years. I think, we will see some of them in national team. Hossa is a guy, that can be useful also when he will be 40 years old.

I think there's a chance they'll still participate in the next olympics. Even if they may not be in the NHL at that time, but I think they've still got 2 years in the NHL in them

JTD

Apr 7, 2016
USA
Tomas Jurco has confirmed he'll play for Slovakia and Tomas Tatar has to be cleared by doctors first.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Ciger also said that he'll have to think about Jurco and Panik as they haven't played enough.
That's just ridiculous. They obviously have more quality than some of our current crop.

Did he really say that? Because Panik's playing some amazing playoff hockey for Chicago right now.

He's still in the playoffs anyway.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
So Ciger won't even call Hrivik :laugh: Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

Don't worry, Bartanus with fill in for him :sarcasm:

EDIT: apparently looks like Ciger called Hrivik (today?) but he was already on his way on holiday. I would really have to call this a big mess up from Ciger. He's realizing only now how terrible some members of the squad are that he chose that he is scrambling to get other guys he said wouldn't be called totally last minute... I hate being overly negative but this is pure incompetence from the coach/GM

Last edited:

Dotaz

JUST DIPSY DOODLE IT
May 2, 2014
Poprad, Slovakia
Just read that PANIK is not going!:amazed: He has some injury issue and I dont understand what this might be as he played great hockey in playoffs and only problem should result from stambling as he crossed dressing room doors after last game :laugh: We are in pretty bad spot when even youngest guys doesnt bother to dress national jersey :shakehead

Dotaz

JUST DIPSY DOODLE IT
May 2, 2014
Poprad, Slovakia
And this is also for the first time when I am really afraid we could barely relegate this year. Exhibition games are just that - exhibition but they still show some level of how the team is prepared for the tournament. Just one win with France and blow outs with Fins and Russians is a big concerne...With Vujtek they at least played relatively even games with big 6 hockey countries...

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
And this is also for the first time when I am really afraid we could barely relegate this year. Exhibition games are just that - exhibition but they still show some level of how the team is prepared for the tournament. Just one win with France and blow outs with Fins and Russians is a big concerne...With Vujtek they at least played relatively even games with big 6 hockey countries...

Weren't you without all of Jurco, Tatar, Dano, Marincin, Sekera, Jaros and Cehlarik in those games though?

Dotaz

JUST DIPSY DOODLE IT
May 2, 2014
Poprad, Slovakia
They were only without Tatar and Jurco, If I remember correctly. Tatar is confirmed to go?

Yes, we were only without Tatar so that gives you picture why I am afraid. Not to mention that even when Tatar would go, his last two WC were terrible - I couldnt tell difference between him and our regular Slovak liga player :shakehead

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Jaros and Cehlarik didn't play the blowout game against Russia according to lineup higher up on this page. I think you will be fine, in terms of not being relegated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad