WC: 2016 Team Slovakia

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dotaz

JUST DIPSY DOODLE IT
May 2, 2014
Poprad, Slovakia
Don't worry, Bartanus with fill in for him :sarcasm:

EDIT: apparently looks like Ciger called Hrivik (today?) but he was already on his way on holiday. I would really have to call this a big mess up from Ciger. He's realizing only now how terrible some members of the squad are that he chose that he is scrambling to get other guys he said wouldn't be called totally last minute... I hate being overly negative but this is pure incompetence from the coach/GM

I think CIGER stepped in much bigger shoes than he expected with taking this job and it shows. First he made some decisions, now he is trying to correct them but it seems pretty desperate. This situation with HRIVIK looks very unprofessional, same as his reaction on not calling goaltenders HUSKA or BUDAJ - the best transaltion to english would be: ,,We just wont mess with it anymore"...I am afraid whether CIGER has the capacity manage such a job at every level - coaching, communication with media, etc...

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
I think CIGER stepped in much bigger shoes than he expected with taking this job and it shows. First he made some decisions, now he is trying to correct them but it seems pretty desperate. This situation with HRIVIK looks very unprofessional, same as his reaction on not calling goaltenders HUSKA or BUDAJ - the best transaltion to english would be: ,,We just wont mess with it anymore"...I am afraid whether CIGER has the capacity manage such a job at every level - coaching, communication with media, etc...

I'm just putting the dots together with more media reports...
1) Hrivik was super keen on playing, his agent got in touch with the NT originally, and he was told no
2) Yesterday there were still news reports of Ciger still saying Hrivik won't get approached. Then the same day (yesterday) Ciger gives Hrivik a call (even though he was quoted in the media the same day saying he's not interested) and Hrivik was already on his way on vacation and probably told him some interesting things...
3) Panik was originally a question for the coach and GM because he wasn't getting enough ice time
4) Then he got ice time, did well, so they called him up again, but he said no because of injuries and not being under contract. But the way the GM commented on the whole Panik thing today (translated) "At first we weren't counting with him. Then we said actually 'why not'. But then he said no, so there's no need for a boy like that".

Well coaches, if you treat some of your better players like kids, don't expect them to respect you and do your bidding. :shakehead

Its like were in 1985... And Ciger and Svehla both played in the NHL and saw how things should be done, professionally

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
With all due respect to Hungary, as long as you are in the same group with them all concerns about possible relegation are unavailing.

Speedthrash

Apr 4, 2016
The overall managing of the team (adding players, communication with media, etc..) lately has been unbelievable bad.
Ciger+Svehla are nightmares, they are saying every hour something else. Funny about Panik was when Ciger said something like "we have seen him on TV, he did well, so we will try with him". Are their decisions really made based on one game on TV???

Panik is definitely not injured, he was playing his best hockey this season in last 2 weeks, it is just how the management treated them during the season - no need for a trip to NA during season, commenting in media that players like Panik or Jurco are not playing enough, 2 weeks before Ciger said they are not counting with Hossa and Gaborik, even they were still in play off and theoreticall it was still offen, etc...
And now, they are calling everybody in last hours and are arogant if the players do not want to go.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I will say it now:

We will lose against Hungary 3:4

I don't think we are going to lose, but neither do I think we are going to beat enough teams to advance to the QF. And I bet we won't be playing nice hockey, so I kind of struggle to look forward to this year's WC, at least from our NT point of view. Also, the situation concerning Hrivik has made me really angry.

Bjornee

Feb 9, 2014
Sweden
You always expect Slovakia to win with a lead 3-0 against Denmark but then it ends up 3-3 :help:

This is why i never place any bet on Slovakia. A good team but often lacks consistency.

Last edited:

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
You always expect Slovakia to win with a lead 3-0 against Denmark but then it ends up 3-3 :help:

This is why i never place any bet on Slovakia. A good team but often lacks consistency.

We used to lack consistency when we were a good team, now we are just a mediocre team :D

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
If yall seriously think yall are going to lose or come anywhere close to losing to Hungary then yall have obviously done no homework on them...

I didn't say anything about losing to Hungary. However, I don't think it's impossible, mainly with Hudacek in net.

Keram

Jan 16, 2016

This is kind of our speciality. Period :shakehead

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Adam Jánošík, Oldřich Kotvan, Lukáš Kozák, Michal Hlinka are cut.

Final roster

Brankári: Július Hudáček (Örebro HK, Å véd.), Branislav Konrád (HC Olomouc, ČR), Samuel BaroÅ¡ (HKM Zvolen)

Obrancovia: Dominik Graňák (Rögle BK, Å véd.), Christián JaroÅ¡ (Lulea HF, Å véd.), Andrej MeszároÅ¡ (Sibir Novosibirsk, KHL/Rus.), Michal Sersen, Ivan Å varný (obaja Slovan Bratislava, KHL), Andrej Sekera (Edmonton Oilers, NHL/Kan.), Martin Marinčin (Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL/Kan.) Juraj MikuÅ¡ (HC Sparta Praha, ČR)

Útočníci: Marek Bartánus, Tomáš Hrnka (obaja HC KoÅ¡ice), Peter Cehlárik (Lulea HF, Å véd.), Marko Daňo (Winnipeg Jets, NHL/Kan.), Vladimír Dravecký (HC Oceláři Třinec, ČR), Libor Hudáček (Örebro HK, Å véd.), Patrik LuÅ¡ňák, Pavol Skalický, Andrej Å ťastný, Marek Viedenský (vÅ¡etci Slovan Bratislava, KHL), Tomáš Marcinko (HC Dynamo Pardubice, ČR), Martin Réway (HC Fribourg-Gottéron, Å vaj.), Martin BakoÅ¡ (Bílí Tygři Liberec, ČR), Tomáš Jurčo (Detroit Red Wings, NHL/USA)

http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/cla...r-po-zapase-s-danskom-oznamil-nominaciu-na-ms

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Adam Jánošík, Oldřich Kotvan, Lukáš Kozák, Michal Hlinka are cut.

Final roster

Brankári: Július Hudáček (Örebro HK, Å véd.), Branislav Konrád (HC Olomouc, ČR), Samuel BaroÅ¡ (HKM Zvolen)

Obrancovia: Dominik Graňák (Rögle BK, Å véd.), Christián JaroÅ¡ (Lulea HF, Å véd.), Andrej MeszároÅ¡ (Sibir Novosibirsk, KHL/Rus.), Michal Sersen, Ivan Å varný (obaja Slovan Bratislava, KHL), Andrej Sekera (Edmonton Oilers, NHL/Kan.), Martin Marinčin (Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL/Kan.) Juraj MikuÅ¡ (HC Sparta Praha, ČR)

Útočníci: Marek Bartánus, Tomáš Hrnka (obaja HC KoÅ¡ice), Peter Cehlárik (Lulea HF, Å véd.), Marko Daňo (Winnipeg Jets, NHL/Kan.), Vladimír Dravecký (HC Oceláři Třinec, ČR), Libor Hudáček (Örebro HK, Å véd.), Patrik LuÅ¡ňák, Pavol Skalický, Andrej Å ťastný, Marek Viedenský (vÅ¡etci Slovan Bratislava, KHL), Tomáš Marcinko (HC Dynamo Pardubice, ČR), Martin Réway (HC Fribourg-Gottéron, Å vaj.), Martin BakoÅ¡ (Bílí Tygři Liberec, ČR), Tomáš Jurčo (Detroit Red Wings, NHL/USA)

http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/cla...r-po-zapase-s-danskom-oznamil-nominaciu-na-ms

I like it. Young roster. Shame about Hrivik and Tatar. Especially with Hrivik the management dropped the ball. But I am hopeful. I saw the game with Denmark in Bratislava live and they were definitely on point. Outskated, outfought and outshot the danish.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
I like it. Young roster. Shame about Hrivik and Tatar. Especially with Hrivik the management dropped the ball. But I am hopeful. I saw the game with Denmark in Bratislava live and they were definitely on point. Outskated, outfought and outshot the danish.

I also like the roster, yeah we could skate a far better one with some of our still active NHL veterans, but the young guys on this team are here to stay for the next 10years, so we might as well give them a bigger role now.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I also like the roster, yeah we could skate a far better one with some of our still active NHL veterans, but the young guys on this team are here to stay for the next 10years, so we might as well give them a bigger role now.
I doubt you'll see some if not any of those veterans in the WHC ever again, so might as well start investing in the next generation.

Lol, reading the Hrivik and Panik soap opera, pretty funny, recipe for more Tomas Zaborskys.

Last edited:

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
I doubt you'll see some if not any of those veterans in the WHC ever again, so might as well start investing in the next generation.

Lol, reading the Hrivik and Panik soap opera, pretty funny, recipe for more Tomas Zaborskys.

Yup. Except that we don't need Zaborsky and we could very much use Hrivik and Panik in the next 10 plus years.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
I also like our roster ;)

Maybe our offensive miss one elder leader such as Hossa, but except of that it looks like a good team. Team effort plus a lot of energy, good skating, creativity. This team has a potential to bring everything of that on the ice. :nod:

BTW As a highlander I admire a new "tradition" with a Goral hat :yo: Good luck boys.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
Right, so moving on from the above discussion, which should just be let go

In the end, despite terrible management, I am happy with what came out of it. Good to see a very young tea, and hopefully gives some motivation to more young guns

But despite hating myself for it, I can't see Hrnka or Bartanus in the starting roster. However much I want the Tipsort Liga to have a player or two in the team, they just don't cut it besides their body mass. Ciger said he likes the Bartanus-Marcinko-Dravecky line, and in my opinion it could easily be improved by slotting Cehlarik in instead of Bartanus, but I am afraid I won't see that happen

In a way I get it, its potentially "political" with the Slovak league in need of some flag bearer for it, but in this case I'm just afraid it will be at quite some detriment to the team. Maybe I could swallow Bartanus-Stastny-Skalicky on the 4th line just to throw those big bodies around, but not more

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Right, so moving on from the above discussion, which should just be let go

In the end, despite terrible management, I am happy with what came out of it. Good to see a very young tea, and hopefully gives some motivation to more young guns

But despite hating myself for it, I can't see Hrnka or Bartanus in the starting roster. However much I want the Tipsort Liga to have a player or two in the team, they just don't cut it besides their body mass. Ciger said he likes the Bartanus-Marcinko-Dravecky line, and in my opinion it could easily be improved by slotting Cehlarik in instead of Bartanus, but I am afraid I won't see that happen

In a way I get it, its potentially "political" with the Slovak league in need of some flag bearer for it, but in this case I'm just afraid it will be at quite some detriment to the team. Maybe I could swallow Bartanus-Stastny-Skalicky on the 4th line just to throw those big bodies around, but not more

I'm 10000% sure that Bartanus will be in the opening line-up on the third line and Cehlarik will be healthy scratch, which is absolutely stupid.

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
Dang, Panik just ripped into the Slovak management, see below for the Slovak and bad English translation.

Ako prebiehala tvoja komunikácia s generálnym manažÃ©rom reprezentácie Róbertom Švehlom? Ozval sa ti aj Zdeno Cíger?

„Rozprával som sa iba s Róbertom Švehlom. Po ukončení sezóny sa ma opýtal, či chcem ísť. Ja som mu povedal ohľadne môjho zranenia a situácii aká je s mojím kontraktom. To bolo všetko, o ničom inom sme sa nerozprávali. Trošku ma zarazilo, akým prístupom sa o nás chalanoch vyjadrovali počas sezóny. Prvýkrát tréner a generálny manažÃ©r necestovali do Ameriky za hráčmi, nekomunikovali s nami v akom sme zdravotnom stave, či aká je naša úloha v tíme. Prišlo mi to ako úplný amaterizmus. Podľa ich slov som si reprezentačnú nomináciu zaslúžil tým, že som hral „celkom fajn“ posledný zápas. Ako som už spomínal, je úplne iné, keď hráte pod trénerom, ktorý vám dôveruje, ako pod niekým, z ktorého vyjadrení mate pocit, že s vami nepočíta."

As your communication took place with the national team general manager Róbert silverfish? He came to you and Zdeno Cíger?

"I talked only with Robert Svehla. After the end of the season I asked me if I wanted to go. I told him regarding my injury and what the situation is with my contract. That's all, nothing else we talked. Bit struck me such an approach will reflect on us Guys during the season. First head coach and general manager did not traveled to America for the players, did not communicate with us in what we have health conditions or what is our role in the team. It seemed like a complete amateurism. In their words he representational deserved a nomination that I played "pretty good" last game. As I said, it is completely different when you play under coach that you trust as under someone from the statements you feel that he doesn't believe in you. "

Its from the below interview

http://www.sport7.sk/clanok/153868-panik-o-svehlovi-s-cigerom-zarazilo-ma-ako-sa-o-nas-vyjadrovali

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad