Transfer: 2016 Summer Transfer Window

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Chelsea transfer news: Blues consider shock move to bring Josh McEachran back to Stam

joshmceachran0505.jpg

Chelsea transfer news: Blues consider shock move to bring Josh McEachran back to Stamford Bridge
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...eachran-back-to-stamford-bridge-a3240641.html

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
No headcase at all this season.
Some players take longer to mature.

Ben Arfa is approaching his 30s. He's a bit too old to believe he finally matured now. His talent was always undeniable, but I tend to believe that it was just an exceptional season for him that will never be repeated.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wel I can bet right now. I believe he's finally on the path to realize his amazing potential.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Per FF :
PSG officially in the Dembélé sweepstakes.
Player interested (contrary to Kicker) but Rennes a tough negociator since they want to sell him to Dortmund (Puma link).

Plus the release clause right? It seems like PSG's interest would actually work in Dortmund's favor in negotiations: reach a deal with Dortmund or risk losing him for far less to PSG.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Plus the release clause right? It seems like PSG's interest would actually work in Dortmund's favor in negotiations: reach a deal with Dortmund or risk losing him for far less to PSG.
I don't think PSG would mind dropping more money for him.
Question is will he get as much playing time in Paris than in Dortmund. Career wise, it might be better for him to go to Germany.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Express are saying Draxler is going back to Schalke after just one year in Wolfsburg. I find that highly unlikely.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nice's president confirms Ben Arfa to Barca is almost done.

More on the Dembélé sweepstakes : player said no to PSG, but EPL teams have been active and are preparing much bigger offers than the ridiculous 15M€ from Dortmund.

It seems there's a very good chance Dortmund outplayed their hand and lost their chance at a phenom because they were trying to lowball Rennes.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I guess it all depends how determined Dembele is to go only to Dortmund. If his activity on social media is any indication (https://twitter.com/Dembouz/likes) he really wants to go. Negotiations could drag on for a while if there's such a disparity between the offer and the asking price. It's still very early in the window.

On another note, Draxler should go to Leipzig imo.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No headcase at all this season.
Some players take longer to mature.

Would you consider Suarez a head case? I mean after all, through his time at barca, he's been a model citizen. Even when things weren't going great for him/team.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nice's president confirms Ben Arfa to Barca is almost done.

More on the Dembélé sweepstakes : player said no to PSG, but EPL teams have been active and are preparing much bigger offers than the ridiculous 15M€ from Dortmund.

It seems there's a very good chance Dortmund outplayed their hand and lost their chance at a phenom because they were trying to lowball Rennes.

Curious. I s*** on Watzke for being a cheap SOB constantly, but the figures out of Germany are at least 20M + add ons, with plenty saying BVB have no qualms going up to25M + add ons. If they're at 25M + add ons, that's not too far from the 30-35M I was expecting when Bayern was being linked to him. Especially not with Dembele pushing for the move to BVB as hard as he is, and the Puma-connection.

I guess it all depends how determined Dembele is to go only to Dortmund. If his activity on social media is any indication (https://twitter.com/Dembouz/likes) he really wants to go. Negotiations could drag on for a while if there's such a disparity between the offer and the asking price. It's still very early in the window.

On another note, Draxler should go to Leipzig imo.

I'd prefer to see him replace Volland under Nagelsmann if Draxler's to move to another plastic. They've gone from bottom of the table to mid-table under Nagelsmann; and after losing Firmino & Volland in back to back summers, could use this sort of high-profile transfer to make a really statement of their european intent. Especially if you guys gets Sule from them. Would be fun to see what Nagelsman could do with Draxler / Amiri / Ochs / Kramaric / Vargas / Uth.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Would you consider Suarez a head case? I mean after all, through his time at barca, he's been a model citizen. Even when things weren't going great for him/team.

Model citizen? Come on, he should have been red-carded twice in the biggest games of the year.
You don't get those problems with Ben Arfa. He was always made for the spanish game.

You'll be blown away next season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Curious. I **** on Watzke's cheapness constantly, but the figures out of germany are at least 20M + add ons, with some saying 25M + add ons.

If he's at 25M + add ons, that's not far from the 30-35M I was expecting when Bayern was being linked ot him. Especially not with Dembele pushing for a move to BVB, and the Puma-connection.

German sources said Rennes was asking for that low 25M€ figure.
What we heard here is that Barca offered 35M+€ and it was rejected. This has been confirmed by several trusted sources.
And then if Dortmund really offered 15M... Beyond stupid.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Model citizen? Come on, he should have been red-carded twice in the biggest games of the year.
You don't get those problems with Ben Arfa. He was always made for the spanish game.

You'll be blown away next season.

That accidental elbow on his friend? Any other player and it's a non issue.

The rest is a normal part in soccer. No off field drama, no biting incidents.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Not yet, indeed. But to say his craziness this season was an accidental elbow is not pushing it, it's complete parallel reality.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I'd prefer to see him replace Volland under Nagelsmann if Draxler's to move to another plastic. They've gone from bottom of the table to mid-table under Nagelsmann; and after losing Firmino & Volland in back to back summers, could use this sort of high-profile transfer to make a really statement of their european intent. Especially if you guys gets Sule from them. Would be fun to see what Nagelsman could do with Draxler / Amiri / Ochs / Kramaric / Vargas / Uth.

Hoffenheim would be cool too. Not sure if they'll spend as much money this summer as Leipzig will.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not yet, indeed. But to say his craziness this season was an accidental elbow is not pushing it, it's complete parallel reality.

- It was accidental considering he hit his friend. People act like he gave Godin the people's elbow. Again It's a nonissue if it were any other player.

- The Suarez comparison was not meant to take off the head case tag from Suarez but show you how one season over the course of a career, is not going to change the perception of someone's image. Ben Arfa is going into barca's lockeroom as a known troublemaker, he'll have to earn the respect of his teammates and what's worse is that he'll be getting limited playing time, which might trigger him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
German sources said Rennes was asking for that low 25M€ figure.
What we heard here is that Barca offered 35M+€ and it was rejected. This has been confirmed by several trusted sources.
And then if Dortmund really offered 15M... Beyond stupid.

According to folks who I trust about BVB the way I trust you with young frenchmen, BVB have already bid in the 20-25M + add ons range. Not dismissing the (likely) possibility that Watzke was cheap enough to start off at 15M, but by now he's at least hit that 20-25M+ range.

Which I understand is still a good bit less than Rennes should get from bigger clubs. But BVB do still need to be careful with their finances...even if they don't need to be as cautious as Watzke is...as they still need to improve their depth, their backline, and deal with potential star departures.

With the extra money from the Puma-connection negating some of the loss of a lower transfer fee...especially since Dembele will start selling tons of jerseys faster in dortmund, where he could be a regular starter right quick (if Miki moves into the middle to replace Ilkay or one of Reus/Auba got sold)...and the player pushing for the move; it's not too surprising that Watzke would Watzke in this situation. He's such a cheap b******.

Hoffenheim would be cool too. Not sure if they'll spend as much money this summer as Leipzig will.

I could see them making one big splash with Volland set on leaving and you lot circling around Sule like starving sharks. Volland should net them 12-15M (buyout of 15M) and Sule should be around the same; which would just about cover a Draxler purchase. After losing Firmino & Volland in back to back summers it would make sense for them to make 1 big addition; even with Amiri & Ochs breaking through.

I know everyone disagrees with me, but I find Hoppenheim less repulsive than the other plastics. I can sympathize with Hopp, as I'd start pumping money into Union if I were a billionaire; like RB & VFL they've done great youth work, but Hopp's also forcing them to be much more self-sustaining since they've stabilized as a first division side...and it doesn't hurt that they've been fun to watch in recent years and that Nagelsmann is a tactical prodigy.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
According to folks who I trust about BVB the way I trust you with young frenchmen, BVB have already bid in the 20-25M + add ons range. Not dismissing the (likely) possibility that Watzke was cheap enough to start off at 15M, but by now he's at least hit that 20-25M+ range.

Which I understand is still a good bit less than Rennes should get from bigger clubs. But BVB do still need to be careful with their finances...even if they don't need to be as cautious as Watzke is...as they still need to improve their depth, their backline, and deal with potential star departures.

With the extra money from the Puma-connection negating some of the loss of a lower transfer fee...especially since Dembele will start selling tons of jerseys faster in dortmund, where he could be a regular starter right quick (if Miki moves into the middle to replace Ilkay or one of Reus/Auba got sold)...and the player pushing for the move; it's not too surprising that Watzke would Watzke in this situation. He's such a cheap b******.
All of this seems totally possible.

- The Suarez comparison was not meant to take off the head case tag from Suarez but show you how one season over the course of a career, is not going to change the perception of someone's image. Ben Arfa is going into barca's lockeroom as a known troublemaker, he'll have to earn the respect of his teammates and what's worse is that he'll be getting limited playing time, which might trigger him.

Thing is, Suarez had a few crazy moments this year, whether you like it or not.
When was the last time someone had something negative to say about Ben Arfa? Two years ago?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Also the comparison between Suarez' problems and Ben Arfa's is rather ridiculous.
Ben Arfa whined when he didn't play enough and had the tendency to be selfish. Neymar like problems if you will.
Suarez assaulted opponents multiple times. And was suspended months for it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Thing is, Suarez had a few crazy moments this year, whether you like it or not.
When was the last time someone had something negative to say about Ben Arfa? Two years ago?

Crazy is an overstatement.

Also the comparison between Suarez' problems and Ben Arfa's is rather ridiculous.
Ben Arfa whined when he didn't play enough and had the tendency to be selfish. Neymar like problems if you will.
Suarez assaulted opponents multiple times. And was suspended months for it.

Both head cases in different ways. Which one is better? The crappy teammate or the crappy opponent?

The didn't play enough part sticks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad