2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
What's Logan Stanley like as a defensive player ?

Haven't seen much of him. Lowry like... :popcorn:

I've watched a couple games. He's physical, stands up for his team mates, good with his stick and is a fluid skater, good hands for a big guy too.
Imagine a combination of Buff and Myers. Not sure if he will ever be as good but he has the tools IMO it's just a matter of putting it all together at the NHL level.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'd really like it if the Jets took Sawchenko in the later rounds. Probably the best netminder the Warriors have had in the last few decades.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Day even looks good. We could easily load up on Left Handed defencemen in this draft and I wouldn't even be mad.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Not really the prototype for goalies these days...

Comrie would be similar to him as a goalie at that age for sure...

Later rounds...yes... :nod:

I'd like it if he lasted past the 2nd but I doubt it. He's got a tonne of potential even for his size. It would be nice to have another young tender in the system. Can never have enough IMO.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Day even looks good. We could easily load up on Left Handed defencemen in this draft and I wouldn't even be mad.

Like Day as well...

Everyone gets all tied up at what he could be... potential... disappointed could be more... machination on and on...

He could slip down the board and be a very good 2nd pairing defenseman to complement a offensive minded defenseman in the NHL...

Also, could probably elevate game as necessary.

We'll see next year a WJC as he will make the team.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Like Day as well...

Everyone gets all tied up at what he could be... potential... disappointed could be more... machination on and on...

He could slip down the board and be a very good 2nd pairing defenseman to complement a offensive minded defenseman in the NHL...

Also, could probably elevate game as necessary.

We'll see next year a WJC as he will make the team.

That WJC team will be absolutely loaded on defence. Chych, Day, Bean, Clague, Stanley, Green, Girard, Johansen.
Might be one of the best defence pools they've ever had to choose from.

Also I want Sergachev.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Grab a D with our late first from Ladd. Good to go. ;)

If we send him to the right team, might not be that late of a pick! Vancouver and Montreal should both be pretty desperate to get in. What if we deal him over there and it's not enough to put them over the edge? Who would you take with the 14th pick?

If we're picking top 5, I want Laine or Tkachuk. 6-10 Juolevi or Dubois. After that, I dunno.

Day would be an ok pick with a 2nd rounder, I think.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
If we send him to the right team, might not be that late of a pick! Vancouver and Montreal should both be pretty desperate to get in. What if we deal him over there and it's not enough to put them over the edge? Who would you take with the 14th pick?

If we're picking top 5, I want Laine or Tkachuk. 6-10 Juolevi or Dubois. After that, I dunno.

Day would be an ok pick with a 2nd rounder, I think.

I'm thinking Day won't make it past 18...

2nd and to us... the Jets... would be great though... :amazed:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm thinking Day won't make it past 18...

2nd and to us... the Jets... would be great though... :amazed:

Elite Prospects - Sean Day

He's not listed top 30 by any of the major scouting services or prospects websites. I'd guessing we're picking somewhere around 35 with our 2nd round pick. I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was already gone, but I think it's more likely he'll still be there. Guess we'll find out in 5 months or so!

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Still liking what I see from Michael McLeod. Another kid with speed to burn and a good set of hands.

PLD impressed me as well. Outside of the top 4 forwards, I'd be thrilled with one of these guys.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I am...

After the 1st period.... players that would look good in a Jet uniform ?

- McLeod... wheels, vision, aggressive...
- Churchyn... man-child, easy stride, physical, maybe not a top end O' talent...
- Tkachuk... hockey sense, goes to dirty areas, uses his teammates always...
- Dubois... strong, aggressive, goes to net, can move and handle puck...
- Sergachev... Provorov like, uncanny resemblance in the way he plays, skates,
and controls the puck

Would be very happy with any of these players... :nod:

Agreed. It's only one game obviously, but I really liked Dubois. I'm wondering if I would take him over Tkachuk honestly.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
I really hope someone put the game on youtube or something as I wasn't able to watch it last night. Glad to hear Dubois had a good game he seemed a little underrated earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad