Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Loov is far behind Percy.

Nielsen, Valiev, Dermott all have clear top 4 potential.

Percy would be the only other one, no matter what dummy simmons thinks.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Does he work solely with the Leafs now or is he free to work others as well?

When he was hired, Leafs hired his company (and him) as consultants. His company was free to work with anybody that hired him.

Not sure if that changed though. I doubt it did.

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
not even an AHL top 4 defenseman.

I went to one Marlies game this year only (so far), and Loov was easily the best player on the ice then (Nylander and Brown were not playing). He looked like almost an NHL ready defenseman to me. I guess it was just a one game sample then.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I went to one Marlies game this year only (so far), and Loov was easily the best player on the ice then (Nylander and Brown were not playing). He looked like almost an NHL ready defenseman to me. I guess it was just a one game sample then.

Pretty accurate. I'd say he makes a nice 6D in the NHL.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I would disagree.

He's a very solid all-around defenceman.

He's not going to put up the points, but he's physical, can skate and you can trust him in the defensive zone.

That's strange, because I don't. The only Dman I completely trust in the defensive zone on the Marlies is Holl. Maybe Percy or Valiev. Loov certainly isn't one of them.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
That's strange, because I don't. The only Dman I completely trust in the defensive zone on the Marlies is Holl. Maybe Percy or Valiev. Loov certainly isn't one of them.

The only on you trust is Holl?

Well it's a good thing the Marlies are never in their end.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The only on you trust is Holl?

Well it's a good thing the Marlies are never in their end.

Yeah, their defense is pretty bad at managing the puck. Its the weakest part of the Marlies team this year. Loov is a great skater, but he makes turnovers worse than Gardiner, has questionable decision-making and his puck management skills in his own zone are just not good. He's definitely taken a step back this year cuz he looked way better last year.

I'm fine with him defending without the puck, but as soon as he gets the puck on his stick, I start to worry.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I would disagree.

He's a very solid all-around defenceman.

He's not going to put up the points, but he's physical, can skate and you can trust him in the defensive zone.

I don't think he's solid at anything. that's the last word i'd use to describe him.

he's all over the place defensively, can't handle or move the puck well, has no offense.

he can skate and hit, but that's about it.

and he's not a top 4 dman on the marlies right now.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Nielsen - Rielly
Dermott - Valiev
Percy - Corrado
Harrington - Lindgren

Is my list of prospect-aged dmen with real nhl potential in the system. (I don’t really count 23+yr olds like Marincin, holl, or loov as prospects anymore, or think that they have anything more than marginal #6/7 potential).

That is an impressive group of talent, imo.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
"When I divide Loov's numbers by number of game played then multiple by 82, the numbers are too low. Therefore he's bad."

I like this sort of defenseman. Not every defender is an offensive juggernaut. He's mobile, he's aggressive, he has a big strong body to box out NHL size/strength forwards. He doesn't take a boatload of stupid penalties.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I don't think he's solid at anything. that's the last word i'd use to describe him.

he's all over the place defensively, can't handle or move the puck well, has no offense.

he can skate and hit, but that's about it.

and he's not a top 4 dman on the marlies right now.

I agree with this assessment. The key here is "all over the place defensively". It really gets frustrating and annoying. While he has his moments, if he can't fix this particular aspect of his game, he should be nowhere near the Leafs.

Valiev has been short of amazing in the latter part of the season. He'll probably play another year in the AHL but it would be interesting to see him on the Leafs.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Nielsen - Rielly
Dermott - Valiev
Percy - Corrado
Harrington - Lindgren

Is my list of prospect-aged dmen with real nhl potential in the system. (I don’t really count 23+yr olds like Marincin, holl, or loov as prospects anymore, or think that they have anything more than marginal #6/7 potential).

That is an impressive group of talent, imo.

You've left our best defenceman off the list. Your list is an epic fail.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
I think he already played a little with Nylander, in the past.. He's from Sweden.. :)
He also played last season, with Desrocher...

I watched Tobias a lot last season, with the 2015 Memorial Cup & OHL Cup Winners.., the Oshawa Generals.. A good two-way player, that still has a lot more to offer than some might see, if they just look at stats... Works hard along the boards and in the corners.. and has a big frame to accomplish this.. Just made a new montage for him.. Check it out..

Tobias Lindberg
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jul 22 1995 -- Stockholm, Sweden
20 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 217

RECENT STATS: (*Up to Feb. 11th 2016)

2014-15 Oshawa Generals - OHL
67 Games... 32 Goals... 46 Assists... 78 Points... +33 *PPG+
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 OHL PLAYOFFS
21 Games... 7 Goals... 12 Assists... 19 Points... -1
2015 MEMORIAL CUP TOURNAMENT
4 Games... 3 Goals... 2 Assists... 5 Points... +5 "PPG+
2015-16 Binghamton Senators - AHL
34 Games... 5 Goals... 17 Assists... 22 Points... +10

Lovin' Lindberg: Tobias Lindberg 2014-2016 Highlights - TML

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
I think he already played a little with Nylander, in the past.. He's from Sweden.. :)
He also played last season, with Desrocher...

I watched Tobias a lot last season, with the 2015 Memorial Cup & OHL Cup Winners.., the Oshawa Generals.. A good two-way player, that still has a lot more to offer than some might see, if they just look at stats... Works hard along the boards and in the corners.. and has a big frame to accomplish this.. Just made a new montage for him.. Check it out..

Tobias Lindberg
Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jul 22 1995 -- Stockholm, Sweden
20 yrs. ago
Height 6.03 -- Weight 217

RECENT STATS: (*Up to Feb. 11th 2016)

2014-15 Oshawa Generals - OHL
67 Games... 32 Goals... 46 Assists... 78 Points... +33 *PPG+
2015 OHL PLAYOFFS
21 Games... 7 Goals... 12 Assists... 19 Points... -1
2015 MEMORIAL CUP TOURNAMENT
4 Games... 3 Goals... 2 Assists... 5 Points... +5 "PPG+
2015-16 Binghamton Senators - AHL
34 Games... 5 Goals... 17 Assists... 22 Points... +10

Lovin' Lindberg: Tobias Lindberg 2014-2016 Highlights - TML

Great video ! thanks

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Rielly - X (Larsson?)
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott - Nielsen
-Valiev/Harrington/Loov/Percy

Is how I see the future d-core. Nielsen for me has top pairing potential and would be ideal as Rielly's partner but that's all hopes and dreams right now. If we leave the draft with Laine/Matthews and sign Stamkos, I think we should be looking at trading Kadri+ for a guy like Larsson.

OvenMittz*

not even an AHL top 4 defenseman.

Sorry Zeke but you don't know your stuff at all.

First you spent all season whining about Nylander not being up with this horrible roster saying it would be better for his development and then you make claims like Loov not being top 4 AHL D?

You either don't watch the game, or don't have much hockey sense at all and only pay attention to what you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad