Prospect Info: 2016 Marlies and Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
i wouldn't laugh at ottawa's development system. they keep turning questionable prospects into good nhlers.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
^ Thats hilarious, oh Ottawa.....

Yep - that Hamilton trade for Boston keeps on getting worse and worse.

Funny enough I remember The Mentalist on the draft threads really lamenting how we passed on Crouse for Marner.

What happened to him? New user name?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

the leafs have yet to introduce william nylander, mitch marner, connor brown, dmytro timashov, their four best prospects up front, to their roster. And they believe they have four defencemen in their system who can play top 4 on nhl teams in the future – not identifying them, but stuart percy, the former first round pick, isn’t thought to be among those four.

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The Leafs have yet to introduce William Nylander, Mitch Marner, Connor Brown, Dmytro Timashov, their four best prospects up front, to their roster. And they believe they have four defencemen in their system who can play Top 4 on NHL teams in the future – not identifying them, but Stuart Percy, the former first round pick, isn’t thought to be among those four.

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-old-regimes-mistakes-with-dion-phaneuf-trade

Time moves along and like everything in life shiny toys tarnish and get relegated to yesterday's dreams.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
sounds like 4 2nd pairing guys. 4 top 4 guys isn't enough, 2 of them need to be top 2 guys.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
None of those guys will be, Dermott maybe could be a #2 but that's a bit maybe.

exactly, so a "Leafs believe they have 4 top 4 D in system" is meaningless, they have 4 guys who could fit in 2 spots, they have a Rielly, but they need someone to go next to him still.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

FYI, that's a link to an article written by Steve Simmons.

I'd say based on the time of acquisition, I'd say 3 of the 4 are Dermott, Nielsen and Harrington. The 4th would just be a guess. I'd like it to be Loov. It may be Valiev.

Last edited:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Gardiner and Rielly are 2 top 4 locks, it would be ideal if dermott could become an number 2

Rielly dermott
Gardiner Nielson
Valiev Loov

really isnt that horrible. There are still a lot of wild cards though. No one has any kind of feel of what Lindgren is going to develop into. Derosher might be able to play in the bottom 2 pairs one day as well. We need another dermott for sure to add to this pool. It isn't wise to have 2 Rielly's, we need more of a gritty seabrook type to play with Rielly, not another flashy offensive guy.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Gardiner and Rielly are 2 top 4 locks, it would be ideal if dermott could become an number 2

Rielly dermott
Gardiner Nielson
Valiev Loov

really isnt that horrible. There are still a lot of wild cards though. No one has any kind of feel of what Lindgren is going to develop into. Derosher might be able to play in the bottom 2 pairs one day as well. We need another dermott for sure to add to this pool. It isn't wise to have 2 Rielly's, we need more of a gritty seabrook type to play with Rielly, not another flashy offensive guy.

I haven't been too impressed with Loov this year. I think Holl has outplayed him & I would place Harrington above him as well.

Then there's Zaitsev........:handclap:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Isn't meaningless at all.

If they had 4 2nd. pairing defenders their 3rd. pairing would be excellent, with two 2nd. pairing guys on it.

you're still left with holes though, saying 4 top 4 guys makes it sound like you have enough to fill your top 4. Which is not true because we only have 1 top pairing guy.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

Rielly dermott
Gardiner Nielson
Valiev Loov

really isnt that horrible.

Impressive if anything. Add Zaitsev into that mix as well.

After this summers draft we could begin packaging a few 22/23 year olds for positions of need (Riellys partner).

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
:laugh:

When is the last time the Leafs had two 1st. pairing defenders?

If Rielly can become a #1 d-man they'll be better than they've been for a decade.

This team hasn't had a #1 dman since the days of Borje Salming... for real.

Murphy, Kaberle, McCabe, Svehla even Leetch... all great #2's. Kaberle & McCabe were a really really good pairing (offensively at least), but neither of them were #1's.

It shows you how hard they are to come by (like #1 C's), and also how inept we've been at the draft & develop game.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This team hasn't had a #1 dman since the days of Borje Salming... for real.

Murphy, Kaberle, McCabe, Svehla even Leetch... all great #2's. Kaberle & McCabe were a really really good pairing (offensively at least), but neither of them were #1's.

It shows you how hard they are to come by (like #1 C's), and also how inept we've been at the draft & develop game.

That's why I await when and if Rielly ever becomes a #1 d-man.

TBH I don't see it yet.

I'm not saying he's a bad defender, I just feel something might be lacking and he doesn't have it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad