Line Combos: 2016-2017 Detroit Red Wings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What better goalies will be FA next season or available through the expansion draft?

You're also way overrating Coreau.

Philadelphia, Mason or Neuvirth
NY Islanders, Halak or Greiss
Dallas, Lehtonen or Niemi
Tampa Bay, Bishop or Gudlevskis
Pittsburgh, Fleury (will be bought out to keep Murray)
Florida, Reimer
Detroit, Howard or Coreau
NY Rangers, Raanta
Vancouver, Miller
Winnipeg, Pavelec
Chicago, Darling

If Vegas will take Howard, it's only for tanking purposes. And if someone wants to tank, you can also use a bad goaltender without paying extra millions about it.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Philadelphia, Mason or Neuvirth
NY Islanders, Halak or Greiss
Dallas, Lehtonen or Niemi
Tampa Bay, Bishop or Gudlevskis
Pittsburgh, Fleury (will be bought out to keep Murray)
Florida, Reimer
Detroit, Howard or Coreau
NY Rangers, Raanta
Vancouver, Miller
Winnipeg, Pavelec
Chicago, Darling

If Vegas will take Howard, it's only for tanking purposes. And if someone wants to tank, you can also use a bad goaltender without paying extra millions about it.

Sounds like GMGM will want to try and be competitive, I bet they take MAF.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
Back to a lines thread

This is what I think it will be, not what I necessarily want it to be. Also assuming Kronwall won't be ready for opening night

Nyquist - Larkin - Abdelkader
Zetterberg- Nielson - Tatar
Sheahan - Helm - Vanek
Miller - Glendening - Ott
Pulkinnen, Frk
IR Jurco
GR AA, Mantha

Dekeyser - Smith
Oulette - Marchenko
Green - Ericsson
Sproul
IR Kronwall

Mrazek
Howard

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Back to a lines thread

This is what I think it will be, not what I necessarily want it to be. Also assuming Kronwall won't be ready for opening night

Sheahan - Helm - Vanek
Pulkinnen, Frk
IR Jurco
GR AA, Mantha

Dekeyser - Smith
Oulette - Marchenko
Green - Ericsson
Sproul
IR Kronwall

Mrazek
Howard

Doubt Kronwall winds up on LTIR, The last interview he said the knee was feeling a little better. Don't see him missing enough time to wind up on LTIR. Edit okay Khan did mention possibly Kronwall going on LTIR and Holland going with 8 D men until Kronwall gets back. So if this is the case it would be safe to assume that Ouellet and Sproul would be the ones to make the team.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Doubt Kronwall winds up on LTIR, The last interview he said the knee was feeling a little better. Don't see him missing enough time to wind up on LTIR. Edit okay Khan did mention possibly Kronwall going on LTIR and Holland going with 8 D men until Kronwall gets back. So if this is the case it would be safe to assume that Ouellet and Sproul would be the ones to make the team.

If Kronwall was on LTIR, we would be carrying 7 defenseman with Ouellet and Sproul. (Dekeyser, Green, Smith, E, Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul)

I think we will carry 8 defenseman, even if Kronwall wasn't on LTIR.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
If Kronwall was on LTIR, we would be carrying 7 defenseman with Ouellet and Sproul. (Dekeyser, Green, Smith, E, Marchenko, Ouellet, Sproul)

I think we will carry 8 defenseman, even if Kronwall wasn't on LTIR.

Yup i agree, I think Holland will carry 13 Forwards 8 D men and the 2 Goalies and both Ouellet and Sproul make the team. With Kronwall and Ericsson both ailing i think carrying 8 D men makes the most sense.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Back to a lines thread

Sheahan - Helm - Vanek
Pulkinnen, Frk
IR Jurco
GR AA, Mantha

Dekeyser - Smith
Oulette - Marchenko
Green - Ericsson
Sproul
IR Kronwall

Mrazek
Howard

Sadly I think you're right about where Vanek slots in. I hope they give him more of a chance to succeed. Even having a bad season in Minnesota last year, it would've put him 4th in goals on the Wings.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Back to a lines thread

Sheahan - Helm - Vanek
Pulkinnen, Frk
IR Jurco
GR AA, Mantha

Dekeyser - Smith
Oulette - Marchenko
Green - Ericsson
Sproul
IR Kronwall

Mrazek
Howard
Switch Vanek and Sheahan, Vanek is much better on his left side then right even though he's a right hander.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Does any one know how LTIR is done? If Kronwall starts on LTIR do we get his full $4.75 million to start the season or only a certain percentage. I thought they said that after so much is on LTIR it no longer is to a teams benefit to add more to it.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I have a feeling there will be at least one FW that will be waived/traded. Frk is out of options, Pulkkinen can't be sent down. AA and Mantha coule be sent down, but they look ready.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I have a feeling there will be at least one FW that will be waived/traded. Frk is out of options, Pulkkinen can't be sent down. AA and Mantha coule be sent down, but they look ready.

From what Blashill was saying, Sounding like we will carry 8 D men to start the season. I guess Kronwall could go to IR so assuming for now that most likely Ouellet and Sproul make it. Then we would carry 13 Forwards would assume that Pulkkinen is #13. So i would guess that both Frk and Jensen will get waived and any one else out of option not making the squad and when Jurco gets back maybe Pulkkinen gets waived or Jurco. Should be interesting these next few weeks or so or even days.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Sadly I think you're right about where Vanek slots in. I hope they give him more of a chance to succeed. Even having a bad season in Minnesota last year, it would've put him 4th in goals on the Wings.

I agree. A line with Helm & Sheahan is where offense goes to die. Helm has stone hands, and Sheahan is little more than roster fuller to me. I wish we could put AA and someone else in their places, but it is what it is I guess.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Opening night sounds announced to be honest.

Z-Frans-Gus
Tatar-Larkin-Abby
Vanek-Helm-Sheahan
Miller-Glenny-Ott

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016
I think Sheahan, playing on the wing, will actually end up having a surprising year. I do hope Vanek gets some time with more established scorers than Helm and Sheahan but at the same time think that line can be an effective 3rd line.

Personally I really hope Frk doesn't get waived. I'm probably biased as I've always liked him but I think he's looked good in the pre-season and think his game will transition to the NHL better than Pulkinen's has. I also think both Sproul and Oulette look good but Sproul definitely looks a bit lumbering at times and that slower step may get exposed a bit more in the NHL. But I hope he makes it.

I think if Frk, Sproul and even Jensen get waived there's a high chance they'd get claimed

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I think Sheahan, playing on the wing, will actually end up having a surprising year. I do hope Vanek gets some time with more established scorers than Helm and Sheahan but at the same time think that line can be an effective 3rd line.

Personally I really hope Frk doesn't get waived. I'm probably biased as I've always liked him but I think he's looked good in the pre-season and think his game will transition to the NHL better than Pulkinen's has. I also think both Sproul and Oulette look good but Sproul definitely looks a bit lumbering at times and that slower step may get exposed a bit more in the NHL. But I hope he makes it.

I think if Frk, Sproul and even Jensen get waived there's a high chance they'd get claimed

I totally agree that i would hate to see Vanek wasting his time with both Helm and Sheahan. Would rather see him get top 6 minutes. But unless an injury happens i don't see it.

Don't see how Frk doesn't get waived unless Holland decides to waive Pulkkinen instead and i don't see that happening. At least not yet until Jurco gets off of LTIR any ways.

Blashill said that we might carry 8 D men to start the season, Kronwall might start on IR to start the season if he's not ready. So pretty sure to start the season both Ouellet and Sproul make the team. And maybe once Kronwall gets off LTIR maybe then Sproul gets waived or maybe Detroit still carried 8 D men and only 13 Forwrd's any ways i doubt that Frk makes it. As far as Frk, Sproul and Jensen on waivers i think it's 50/50 that Frk gets claimed 75% chance that Sproul gets claimed and less then 5% that Jensen gets claimed.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I totally agree that i would hate to see Vanek wasting his time with both Helm and Sheahan. Would rather see him get top 6 minutes. But unless an injury happens i don't see it.

Don't see how Frk doesn't get waived unless Holland decides to waive Pulkkinen instead and i don't see that happening. At least not yet until Jurco gets off of LTIR any ways.

Blashill said that we might carry 8 D men to start the season, Kronwall might start on IR to start the season if he's not ready. So pretty sure to start the season both Ouellet and Sproul make the team. And maybe once Kronwall gets off LTIR maybe then Sproul gets waived or maybe Detroit still carried 8 D men and only 13 Forwrd's any ways i doubt that Frk makes it. As far as Frk, Sproul and Jensen on waivers i think it's 50/50 that Frk gets claimed 75% chance that Sproul gets claimed and less then 5% that Jensen gets claimed.
I would love to see Vanek switch lines with Abby.

marcmadsen

Sep 29, 2016

Agree 100%

Hopefully at some point we can see Vanek get some minutes with Nielson and even Larkin. I think Vanek - Nielson - Nyquist would be an entertaining line.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Meh. Vanek isn't going to suddenly get a lot better. Not that Abbie is, but I don't see the team missing much. And I'd far rather have him on the third line than Nyquist or Tatar. The best option would be to move Z down the lineup and shelter his minutes, but Blash will probably still try to ride him for 22 minutes a night.

Someone tell me again how AA will be on the opening night roster. I liked that fairy tale.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Meh. Vanek isn't going to suddenly get a lot better. Not that Abbie is, but I don't see the team missing much. And I'd far rather have him on the third line than Nyquist or Tatar. The best option would be to move Z down the lineup and shelter his minutes, but Blash will probably still try to ride him for 22 minutes a night.

Someone tell me again how AA will be on the opening night roster. I liked that fairy tale.

I'll probably lose this bet but I'll bet KH is smart enough to waive or trade for low draft picks Pulk and Frk, or take his chances sending Frk down anyway as no one is going to claim him anyway, and keep AA and Mantha up.

I hope so anyway.

Vanek is washed up, and Ott is ridiculous

That opening night lineup requires an alka seltzer.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'll probably lose this bet but I'll bet KH is smart enough to waive or trade for low draft picks Pulk and Frk, or take his chances sending Frk down anyway as no one is going to claim him anyway, and keep AA and Mantha up.

I hope so anyway.

Vanek is washed up, and Ott is ridiculous

That opening night lineup requires an alka seltzer.

The only way I'd want AA and Mantha up is if they were playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad