Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v8) Next: vs Hou | Sun, Jun 7th | 1pm ET/10am PT | McHugh vs Dickey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Bautista will walk. EE will hit a soft ground ball into a double play. Because that's what we do.

Maybe not.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
They lose today they're six games under .500 on June 1.

At what point does AA do something? And I don't mean a waiver claim or a Triple-A call-up.

This series has been a complete embarrassment.

I've been pretty patient with this team the past couple of years, but this is starting to scream: "change for the sake of change."

I know it sounds stupid, but at some point, don't they have to do something?

Three failed seasons so far. Last year wasn't too bad but 2013 and this year have been bad.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I'd look to build around Donaldson and Martin.

Trade Bautista and EE for a boatload of top prospects.

Get some prospects at AA or AAA who are very close and this thing could turn around fast.

Pluck some young gems from another team, with the young pitching another year older and this team could look dangerous next season.

But I highly doubt Rogers has the balls to make a trade of those 2 guys right now.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
10th, 9th and right now 13th in the AL is very bad for a team that has expectations in the three years to get close to the playoffs.

Management can't just sit back and say things will get better. They have failed for 2.5 seasons.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Six games under .500 on June 1.

Good chance this team comes back from Washington eight or nine games under .500..

Anybody think they can come back from that?

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
How has Gibbons not been fired yet? Team has severely played under expectations for a few seasons now. Gotta at least try a new manager and go from there.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I'm not sure that Gibbons is to blame and even if he is, who's available as a replacement?

I am not talking about firing Gibbons but in general. This team has finished 10th 9th and are now 13th in the AL when they were supposed to be contending for the playoffs.

They can't sit back and not do anything. They have to improve this team somehow. The organization can't accept below expectations.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
Six games under .500 on June 1.
Worse than that ... They are fighting for the basement with the Bosox.
That being said, The AL-East (emphasis on LEAST) is pretty bad so far this year. So we ain't out of it yet. .500 ball in the AL Central is pretty much out of contention.

Too bad the Jays are playing so poorly .... in a season that the AL East looks takeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad