Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v8) Next: vs Hou | Sun, Jun 7th | 1pm ET/10am PT | McHugh vs Dickey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
What's Pillar's line drive rate? Seems to me most of his hits are either bloops or weak grounders that find holes. He doesn't seem to hit the ball hard consistently. He makes a lot of weak contact from what my eyes are telling me.

Bout the same as Travis and Donaldson actually. Which I found surprising. 17%, 16.8, 16 respectively.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Sounds like a dick thing to say, but maybe if Gibbons extends the previous inning by bunting with Pillar - none of this happens.

Who knows.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Hutch needs to keep the ball down in the zone. Hung way too many pitches that inning. I don't know if it's fatigue related but he has a tendency to leave balls up in the zone as he gets deeper in games.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Bad inning for Hutch but he was only at 82 pitches and was cruising for most of the game. You could have at least try to let him finish the 6th...

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Bad inning for Hutch but he was only at 82 pitches and was cruising for most of the game. You could have at least try to let him finish the 6th...

I really don't get why Gibbons has this reputation as an "excellent manager of the bullpen."

Yesterday he used Loup over Osuna, which made no sense. And today he pulled Hutch after a little bad luck. He's at 82 pitches. It's a tie game. Sucks he gave up the lead, but they're still in the game. Let him try and get through six.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Wow. Red Sox upset with the effort players have been putting forth. "Guys are not prepared, etc, etc."

Sheesh. Sounds like a John Farrell managed team...

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

Pitching coach should've come out when he started hanging pitches to the first two batters. He wasn't finishing his pitches and arm slot was dragging causing balls to stay up in the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad