Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v61) ALCS Gm 4: vs KC | Tues Oct 20 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Young vs Dickey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
At least if our bullpen gets taxed today... There's always Dickey who can throw out of the pen tomorrow...

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
pitching has been absolutely brutal, and pitching is by far the most important element to playoff success. I'm sorry guys, but until our pitchers bare down, we aren't winning anything

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Putting Dickey out against the K.C. lineup was suicide to begin with. The most disciplined hitting team in the majors against the DICK? Insane to begin with.

I would have started Sanchez myself, truly would have.

Dickey had a really good start against the Royals earlier this year on 3 days rest.

And obviously, you haven't seen the disaster that was Sanchez earlier this year as a starter.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Really though, for those wanting Dickey out, who do you put in? Estrada? Sanchez? I don't think pulling him yet is smart.

the only strikes he is getting is from foul balls at this point. when do you pull him when its 10-0 after the 3rd and the game is completely over?

LaCarriere

22 doubles over 634 PAs is still very low.

Again, I bet almost if you looked back, situationally almost all of those of those 30 whatever steals were to second base after a single -- so you're sitting at close to 50 (manufactured) doubles -- Donaldson had 41 doubles.

My point was he's not the worst player ever, he's went dry, just like Tulo went dry until this series, just like Bautista has been a ghost in RF, and combined with ridiculous untimely errors that have lead to losing leads and innings extended -- they Jays that have played an exceptionally high level game for the last 2 - 2.5 months have basically beaten themselves this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad