Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v61) ALCS Gm 4: vs KC | Tues Oct 20 | 4pm ET/1pm PT | Young vs Dickey

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I knew deep down KC would be all over Dickey. They are hitting hot bats right now.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It's really just a matter of untimely performances. Revere is a .300 hitter -- he's not f***ing terrible. Yeah, it's a somewhat empty/inflated .300 that's mainly singles but he has like 22 doubles and 30-whatever steals, which when you look at a sequence like what happened with KC in the top half is basically a single-steal (essentially a double), and 50-some doubles + singles-steals is nothing to scoff at.

The problem is these guys have just disappeared at the worst possible times. Any other time for a Dickey first inning implosion, but why the f*** now?

They crank out 11 runs yesterday, looked like they were going to win 11-4, ended up nearly imploding in the 9th, and if I were a betting man I'd bet they Jays hitters won't show up for 4 runs today after that offensive outburst yesterday. That's just how the season has gone -- untimely implosions (at the plate and in the field) and sporadic offense.

22 doubles over 634 PAs is still very low.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Essentially Dickey's only bad start in the second half and this is how he gets treated. Some of you guys are a riot.

He has blown the biggest game of the year barring a huge Jays comeback.

I have every damn right to be upset.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Only hope is if we yank Dickey, put in someone who throws heaters, hope that throws KC off and then the bats do some work.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
On that note, it's still damn early in this game. Our bats are special so I believe. It'll be hard, but ya just gotta believe.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Putting Dickey out against the K.C. lineup was suicide to begin with. The most disciplined hitting team in the majors against the DICK? Insane to begin with.

I would have started Sanchez myself, truly would have.

LaCarriere

People are pissed he likely just blew a pretty much must-win playoff game. Yeah I'm shocked too.

exactly. He pitched great down the stretch, but he could have blew any one of those games with a performance like this and it will be forgotten about.

Nobody will forget this if the Jays lose the game and series.

I honestly have always been for bringing Dickey back in his option year, but this just shows how unreliable the knuckleball can be. It's a crazy 12M gamble to bring him back, but unfortunately they have so few starters under contract next year. Without Dickey you got a rotation of Stroman / Hutch / ? / ? / ?. Might as well shoot myself in the head with that rotation. God forbid anyone gets injured with that rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad