Prospect Info: 2015 21st overall - Colin White (C/RW) USNTDP, going to Boston College

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Very happy with this pick. Much preferred him over Konency. Konency's size scares me at the next level. I get the hometown love, but I just don;'t think he's going to be an impact pro.

White is much like Chabot in the fact that he needs a few years, but he has a great skillset that transitions well to the NHL game. Should be a great 3rd line centre in a few years behind Turris and Zibby

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
More I read the more I like. Which is usually the way when we pick one of the guys I don't know much about.
A guy you can rely on in any situation. And makes everyone else better. Sounds like a great teammate.
We should be good on faceoffs now with White and Paul. We got clutch players, winners...it's looking good. Keep it rolling

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kid already has a verified twitter handle. Doesn't take long these days, does it. :laugh:

Who would've thought a decade ago that social media would be this ingrained in everything.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
More I read the more I like. Which is usually the way when we pick one of the guys I don't know much about.
A guy you can rely on in any situation. And makes everyone else better. Sounds like a great teammate.
We should be good on faceoffs now with White and Paul. We got clutch players, winners...it's looking good. Keep it rolling

Definitely won't be a bad player. Were just gonna have all these players that we can throw out in "any situation" (which usually mean any big defensive situation). And no one to throw out to ignite the offense.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm happy with the pick

He didn't have the year many expected (he was considered a top 7-8 prospect at one point), but we can contribute a lot of that to usage and health.

I fully expect a year of elevated play from him with a full year without mono.

Hopefully we can snag a high potential guy like Sprong or Bracco (Whites linemate last and likely this year)

I believe the Sens are high on Chlapik as well

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Like many others, I am a Konecny fan boy, but I freely admit that this is purely a homer thing. Still, Konecny was ranked ahead of White, so this is a slight reach by conventional standards. You have to trust your board and "the process", though - teams who hop all over the place and make sentimental/gut instinct picks end up with new GMs in pretty short order.

I gather that the "injury prone" tag is what caused Konecny to drop. Many teams saw his size and injury history and immediately thought of Gilbert Brule. As a Sens fan I definitely want White to be the next Patrice Bergeron, but I also hope that Konecny goes out and sticks it up the nose of all his doubters.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Sounded a bit like a meathead, but all the pro scouts like him, so who cares what the HFboards hive mind says.

I know nothing about him. Seems solid pick. From lastwordonsports scouting report:

"White’s game is reminiscent of Patrice Bergeron, but this is a style comparison and not one based on talent."

That's a nice style to play to earn an NHL spot. Especially since at his levels of hockey he seems to score at a high level.

Both first rounders seem safe, good prospects. Not high end mega-star potential... But picking at 18 and 21... Good picks.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ah, that's nothing. I was expecting it to be something bad like "I would never play for a Canadian team!"

I like that the kid is a fan of the game and has passion. Believe it or not, there are a lot of elite athletes who aren't even fans of their own sport, weird as that sounds. They like playing it, but don't really follow it outside of their own games. That's always a red flag for me, to be honest.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The Sens are going to be looking for a top 6 player again next season. Kinda wish Murray was even more aggressive about moving up so he can get a real good offensive guy. I would've put either Wiercioch or Hoffman as a trading piece to possibly move up

How is our leading goal scorer constantly thrown into trades by so many as a trade chip like he is expendable? I don't get it. Can't wait till Hoffman is signed and playing well next year and deemed not expendable by so many fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad