2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I'd move weiss in a deal for phaneuf. Something like..

Weiss, Kindl, smith, helm for phaneuf and Reimer

Helm ain't going anywhere.

I feel like the Leafs will demand our 1st or one of our best prospects in any deal..

Might as well snatch up Phil too...

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
All year, I thought Babcock would stay but after his comments last night, I've never been more convinced he would leave.

Shake things up. Blashill's in as head coach. Find a way to bring in Thornton. I think the Wings have always liked him and he's from London. Zetterberg probably shouldn't be playing C full time anymore and Sheahan is better suited as 3C. Get Ericsson off the first pairing, whether that means signing Green, Martin, Ehrhoff or trading for Phaneuf. I have a feeling Green's going to get an absurd deal somewhere, especially if the Caps go deep.

I really can't see them giving up on Howard yet.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Helm-Thornton-Tatar
Nyquist-Sheahan-Jurco
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro
Andersson

Kronwall-Phaneuf
DeKeyser-Quincey
Ericsson-Marchenko
Ouellet

Howard
Mrazek

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
All year, I thought Babcock would stay but after his comments last night, I've never been more convinced he would leave.

Shake things up. Blashill's in as head coach. Find a way to bring in Thornton. I think the Wings have always liked him and he's from London. Zetterberg probably shouldn't be playing C full time anymore and Sheahan is better suited as 3C. Get Ericsson off the first pairing, whether that means signing Green, Martin, Ehrhoff or trading for Phaneuf. I have a feeling Green's going to get an absurd deal somewhere, especially if the Caps go deep.

I really can't see them giving up on Howard yet.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Helm-Thornton-Tatar
Nyquist-Sheahan-Jurco
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro
Andersson

Kronwall-Phaneuf
DeKeyser-Quincey
Ericsson-Marchenko
Ouellet

Howard
Mrazek

So how did you get Thornton and phaneuf??

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
To avoid hearing the phrase "we like our team".

My biggest concern is becoming like Calgary a few years back. Too good to enter a full rebuild, but not good enough to do anything in the postseason. Finishing 8th - 10th every year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Weiss/Pulkkinen/Smith for Phaneuf.

I don't think it'll take much to get Thornton since he has a NTC. No clue what it will take to get him.

Weiss/Pulkkinen/Smith wasn't enough for Nonis, and I doubt very much it will be enough for the new GM.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Let Sheahan play the full season as the #2 center with Zetterberg on Datsyuk's wing.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I'd like to see them add a finisher and I think the most likely add to the lineup is Pulkkinen. Maybe we see some of Mantha next year if there's an injury in the top 6...and we know there will be.

The team won't look that much different...meaning I don't know if there's a guy out of the organization that joins the lineup. Maybe you sign a veteran on defense. Up front, it'll be a similar group with a guy like Pulkkinen getting more run.

The coach situation will play itself out. I think it's going to be either Babs or Blashill.

In net, I think you go into next year with both goalies (Howard and Mrazek) on near equal footing. Let them battle it out for who is #1. Howard was the best goalie until he got hurt the night he was named to the All-Star Game.

Keeping adding talent through the draft and resist reaching on a free agent contract. Stephen Weiss is hopefully their last mistake on the open market for a long time. Either make changes internally (call up kids from GR) or make safe free agent moves (find bargains or stick to shorter term deals).

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Like everyone else is saying, the D needs to improve a lot. I just don't think it is as easy as saying "get rid of Ericsson and Kindl". Ideally this would be nice, but we've been trying to trade Kindl for a year now, and there weren't any takers.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I'd like to see them add a finisher and I think the most likely add to the lineup is Pulkkinen. Maybe we see some of Mantha next year if there's an injury in the top 6...and we know there will be.

The team won't look that much different...meaning I don't know if there's a guy out of the organization that joins the lineup. Maybe you sign a veteran on defense. Up front, it'll be a similar group with a guy like Pulkkinen getting more run.

The coach situation will play itself out. I think it's going to be either Babs or Blashill.

In net, I think you go into next year with both goalies (Howard and Mrazek) on near equal footing. Let them battle it out for who is #1. Howard was the best goalie until he got hurt the night he was named to the All-Star Game.

Keeping adding talent through the draft and resist reaching on a free agent contract. Stephen Weiss is hopefully their last mistake on the open market for a long time. Either make changes internally (call up kids from GR) or make safe free agent moves (find bargains or stick to shorter term deals).

If Babcock is back Pulkkinen won't get a chance in the top 6 unfortunately. If Blashill is the coach, he could.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Kindl, Weiss, Joker, Jurco, E, Howard, Smith are all expendable.

Cleary and Zidlicky walk/retire.

We need a couple of actual goal scorers and an overhaul on defense.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why is everyone writing off Jurco!?

And Smith played really well in the playoffs.

I actually have a lot of hope in Jurco still. Feels a lot like when everyone was writing Sheahan off.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
I do not get the obsession with phaneuf. We hate smith on his contract but people are willing to take phaneuf at 7 so he can shrivel under pressure and bully people under 6'

No thanks.

I'd rather runs at Green, or Petry.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Stop trading for veteran waste just to keep the streak alive. Stop overbaking prospects. Stop trading away draft picks / prospects for garbage. Stop country club signings like Cleary. Move on from Babcock. Build a contender.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Jurco certainly shouldn't be written off yet. I'm not sure why people are so quick to do so. He's still only 22.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Why is everyone writing off Jurco!?

And Smith played really well in the playoffs.
I feel like the bar for Smith now is "wasn't a disaster" because saying he played really well is a major overstatement. He wasn't noticeable in a bad way other than the game 6 gaff, but he didn't add much either. IMO "really well" is how Hedman or Stralman played. If Stralman played for the Wings he'd be our best d-man...yep I said it.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
Jurco certainly shouldn't be written off yet. I'm not sure why people are so quick to do so. He's still only 22.
Agreed. Also considering his combination of size and speed is lacking on the roster and in the system I wouldn't be quick to toss him away unless it was an impactful deal.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
To avoid hearing the phrase "we like our team".

My biggest concern is becoming like Calgary a few years back. Too good to enter a full rebuild, but not good enough to do anything in the postseason. Finishing 8th - 10th every year.

Honestly, absent a major, season-long injury, we will most likely be in that position until Z and Pav hang them up.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Stop trading for veteran waste just to keep the streak alive. Stop overbaking prospects. Stop trading away draft picks / prospects for garbage. Stop country club signings like Cleary. Move on from Babcock. Build a contender.

IMO holding onto prospects for too long without trading them is worse than trading them for rental players.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
IMO holding onto prospects for too long without trading them is worse than trading them for rental players.

You'd rather lose a prospect and a 2nd/3rd, than lose just a prospect?

I wouldn't.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I feel like the bar for Smith now is "wasn't a disaster" because saying he played really well is a major overstatement. He wasn't noticeable in a bad way other than the game 6 gaff, but he didn't add much either. IMO "really well" is how Hedman or Stralman played. If Stralman played for the Wings he'd be our best d-man...yep I said it.

Snake your feelings about Smith are well documented and known. You obviously lack the ability to objectively evaluate his play at this point. He was without question one of our best defensemen in this series and considerably better than his regular season form. What exactly that means for the future is open for discussion. He did, however, account for himself well in that series.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad