2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Been my feeling for four years now. Only thing I want now is for Holland to sit on his hands and draft. Hr just flat out fails at everything else.

Right the only thing on my wishlist in actuality, would be: Draft a top pairing defenseman

Because I know we aren't signing a premier free agent. And we're not making an impact trade for a legit d man. I have 4 years of garbage moves to support that.

So that's the only thing I can hope for. Guy has an unreal ability to identify young talent, but he's a 1 trick pony now-a-days.

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
The draft is more about scouts and player development then general mgmt.
Yeah, I was being brief. It's not so much that he's personally running the draft table, but rather that he's a master at managing the people who do those things. and I think the fact that he's had to replace all of those people a few times now (barring Hakan, basically) speaks to his uncommon ability to do it.

Plus, as much gnashing and wailing as there's been about his player development strategy (from me, if no one else!), it sure seems like it works. He's very much involved with that.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Just a quick note:

For those of you that think these D-men are worthless:

Ericsson
Quincey
Smith
Kindl
Zidlicky

But these ones are going to be great:

XO
Marchenko

Ill be honest, you are just replacing crap with cheaper crap.
it allows us to sign someone bigger. Just realize that these 2 are not better than our current guys. And probably will never be.

Also being the guy who rated the Dmen for ~20 games this year. Quincey played great. Arguably our 2nd best Dman. Much better than Dekeyser.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Wishlist?

The NHL to either keep their ****ing hands out of playoff series or to enforce the penalties on everything that is borderline illegal or flat out illegal.

Do one or the other. Call any hit that's up high because you're really putting a focus on player safety and you want hits like that out of the game or let everything go like you have in the past, because it's a hockey play.

I mean, if the Kronwall suspension is a clear referendum on high hits, I'm okay with it. But with what the DoPS is doing, it's doesn't look like it is and that's why the call pisses me off. Either you're trying to promote safety for your players and trying to remove hits like that from the game or you're just jumping on a play that looked bad so you can act like you're promoting safety.

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010
In my dreams...

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Stafford
Cole - Fisher - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco/Pulkkinen
Abdelkader/Miller - Helm - Callahan/Ferraro
Glendening

Kronwall - Petry
DeKeyser - Green
Quincey - Marchenko
Ouellet

1A Howard
1B Mrazek

Gone/F: Franzen/Weiss/Andersson/Cleary
Gone/D: Kindl/Smith/Zidlicky

*If Franzen was healthy, I would love to have him back.
**If there was space, my preference would be to keep Smith for one more year in hopes that he's a late bloomer.
***Same thing with Zidlicky. I like him. And in a more realistic scenario (w/o Petry & Green), I hope we keep him.
****Let Marchenko play a full season.
*****Ouellet should be the first call-up. I'd hate to see him spend an entire season in Detroit in the pressbox, as the odd-man out. And Kronwall, DeKeyser, and Quincey should all be in the rotation ahead of him. But it'd be great if Ouellet could play part of the season in GR and part of a season in Detroit. Maybe next year he can make the team full-time.

Last edited:

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Just a quick note:

For those of you that think these D-men are worthless:

Ericsson
Quincey
Smith
Kindl
Zidlicky

But these ones are going to be great:

XO
Marchenko

Ill be honest, you are just replacing crap with cheaper crap.
it allows us to sign someone bigger. Just realize that these 2 are not better than our current guys. And probably will never be.

Also being the guy who rated the Dmen for ~20 games this year. Quincey played great. Arguably our 2nd best Dman. Much better than Dekeyser.

The players you mentioned before XO and Marchenko get you nowhere. Unless you enjoy first round exits. Their potential is minimal.

XO and Marchenko will most likely be busts, but at least you have a chance of being a better team than you currently have now. At the very least, you find out if your defensive prospects are actually worth a damn. What does it cost you? Some extra tee shirt sales that say 25 straight years of making the playoffs?

Quincey should be traded because like the other defenseman, have limited upside and isn't talented enough to bring him back long term after the final year of his contract is up. There is no way you get me to commit to Kyle Quincey for 4+ years. He has no upside and will only get worse.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Amazing how many people on here do not realize this. Coming from someone who use to hate his guts, I thought he was damn good for us start to finish.

Agreed with this. He's not a prime Brad Stuart, but he has been a suitable and steady replacement.

Jurco has been dead weight, however.

sjr2015

Feb 24, 2015
CROSWELL
HC Babs

Tats Dats Z

Abby Jumbo Joe Cole

Helm Shehan Pulk

Miller Glen Fererro
Andy Franzen

Kronwall Vlasic

DD Big E

Q Markenko

Kindl

Howard/Mrazek split

Trade Weiss+Goose+ 2nd for Jumbo Joe Vlasic

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I really like the idea of trading Howard + for Thornton. Maybe Howard + jurco+ prospect for Thornton. Then go after phaneuf + Reimer for hopefully weiss + smith + kindl + helm. Franzen goes on LTIR

This would give us tremendous center depth and allow hank to play with pavel.

Abby- datsyuk- z
Cole/ big body FA- joe t- pulk ( that shot with joe)
Nyquist- sheahan- tatar
Miller- glenny- Ferraro ( great 4th line/ shutdown)

Kronwall- phaneuf
Dd- Quincey
E- marchenko/ oullete

Mrazek
Reimer

I'm not sure how this is cap wise, but I think that team looks way better

davecrockburn

Jun 8, 2011
Sign Mike Green and then trade Smith/Ericsson+ for Wiz.

Kronwall - Green
Dekeyser - Wiz
Ouellet - Marchenko
Jensen

Find a way to get Thornton out of SJS maybe with Howard going the other way. Z isn't a top 6 C anymore with his loss of speed and grind on the forecheck - needs to ride shotgun.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Abby
Nyquist - Thornton - Tatar
Helm - Sheahan - Pulks
Miller - Helm - Glendening
Jurco, Ferraro

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Agreed with this. He's not a prime Brad Stuart, but he has been a suitable and steady replacement.

Jurco has been dead weight, however.

Jurco is only dead weight because Babs is trying to make him a Grinder. and he cant score because his confidence is at an all time low.. Give him Blash. Blash plays him on 2nd/3rd line Powerplay and I bet you he scores 15 to 20 goals. Keep on developing him.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I really like the idea of trading Howard + for Thornton. Maybe Howard + jurco+ prospect for Thornton. Then go after phaneuf + Reimer for hopefully weiss + smith + kindl + helm. Franzen goes on LTIR

This would give us tremendous center depth and allow hank to play with pavel.

Abby- datsyuk- z
Cole/ big body FA- joe t- pulk ( that shot with joe)
Nyquist- sheahan- tatar
Miller- glenny- Ferraro ( great 4th line/ shutdown)

Kronwall- phaneuf
Dd- Quincey
E- marchenko/ oullete

Mrazek
Reimer

I'm not sure how this is cap wise, but I think that team looks way better

Joe and Pulk would be amazing during the regular season.. no show in the playoffs.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Don't give Nyquist more than $4 million. He ain't that good. He looked even worse than guys that are paid $6 million and you want to give him $5 million? L. O. L

Mrazek is the starting goaltender.

Give Mantha a shot. The team needs someone who can score goals.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Sign Mike Green

I don't care who we have to trade to get someone to lead this team after Datsyuk is gone in 2 years and Zetterberg any time after that.

I would like to see Tatar/Sheahan/Glendening/Abdelkader stay. Outside of that...whatever it takes.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Forwards: Not sure what can be done to improve them by a lot. Maybe get a Cole/Franzen replacement but easier said than done. I think Jurco can be an important piece next year, maybe he puts it all together. Barring a trade for a big name, I don’t see much more than a new face or two. Maybe Mantha, Pulks or another rookie can surprise in camp.

Helm - Dats - Tatar
Abby - Z - Nyquist
Jurco - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Miller - Glendening - Ferraro/someone who works well with Glenny.

Defense: This will take some work. In my somewhat realistic dream:

Kronwall - Green
Phaneuf - Marchenko/other rookie
DK - Q/E

Ouellet/Jensen getting a ‘legit’ chance to battle Marchenko.
Green adds puck movement and a dynamic PP QB. He reminds me of Zidlicky but better and faster. Would improve our transition game a lot. Phaneuf I feel would be a good fit with solid leadership and him not being relied on heavily. I think this group would be a top 5 defensive unit and great a puck possession, and also really mobile with a lot of speed.

Goaltending: I’d let Mrazek start the season as #1, and even shop Howard if you can find a nice veteran backup incase Mrazek falters. But i’d have no problem going back to Howard either as he was playing great up until his injury. If we get solid goaltending the whole year, we could challenge for the division title imo.

Coaching: I’d keep Babcock until Datsyuk retires. Wouldn’t complain with Blash either. Once Datsyuk retires, they can commit to a full youth movement with a fresh coach.

Conclusion: Basically, hope D/Z don’t regress to bad, hope young guys continue to improve and maybe a rookie can come in and make a big splash. Have to improve the defense. Getting Green and Phaneuf does that as long as the trades and contracts aren’t unreasonable. Get solid goal tending and Detroit can be in the position to go deep in the playoffs again. Hope Babs comes back and leads us to the promise land.

Go Wings, the season ending stings, but it will just make it feel better the next time we get to see the Wings hoist the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad