Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Seeing Musil and Pitlick on the verge of breaking in is interesting. Hopefully they both make a case for spots at camp next season. It'd be nice to have some depth.

I love our depth on the backend right now tbh

Outside of Klef,Sekera, Davidson. We have Osterle,Gryba,Fayne,Musil,Reinhart,Nurse, all players I wouldn't mind playing in the NHL on the bottom pairing, not a whole lot of teams have depth like that. We need a couple of top end guys and out defence will be set in my opinion.

I think Musil hasn't been called up due to playing style, we don't need a shut down defender, we need puck movers.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Seeing Musil and Pitlick on the verge of breaking in is interesting. Hopefully they both make a case for spots at camp next season. It'd be nice to have some depth.

I'm assuming you must have meant someone other than Pitlick here.

While Slepyshev has time yet to become a factor, time is not on Tyler Pitlick’s side. He’s gone from prospect to suspect primarily because he can’t stay healthy. Currently in his fifth AHL season, Pitlick has played only 159 games yet when he has been healthy enough to suit up, the 2010 second-round pick has managed 79 points.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Musil sounds like Davidson almost exactly a year ago. Smart, smart player in AHL, workhorse on backend.

Big thing for him is that hes waiver eligible next year, so theres a risk we lose him

I wonder what Chiarellis plans are for camp. Does he go in with Pardy/Fayne/Gryba competing for that #6 role, and then have waiver eligible Osterle and Musil fighting for it too. Not to mention Reinhart and Nurse. Or does he cut the first 3 loose and just go with Osterle and Musil for the spot

I think Reinharts brief time in Edmonton is up. I think Chiarelli got tricked into trade by Green and MacT and the old guard. With the style and depth of bottom pairing guys, I dont see a spot for Reinhart. I think Chiarelli will salvage anything he can with Reinhart and package him up in a trade. He has nowhere near value of 1st and 2nd round pick, but Chia will likely cut his losses and package him with a pick or Eberle for a RHD

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Musil sounds like Davidson almost exactly a year ago. Smart, smart player in AHL, workhorse on backend.

Big thing for him is that hes waiver eligible next year, so theres a risk we lose him

I wonder what Chiarellis plans are for camp. Does he go in with Pardy/Fayne/Gryba competing for that #6 role, and then have waiver eligible Osterle and Musil fighting for it too. Not to mention Reinhart and Nurse. Or does he cut the first 3 loose and just go with Osterle and Musil for the spot

I think Reinharts brief time in Edmonton is up. I think Chiarelli got tricked into trade by Green and MacT and the old guard. With the style and depth of bottom pairing guys, I dont see a spot for Reinhart. I think Chiarelli will salvage anything he can with Reinhart and package him up in a trade. He has nowhere near value of 1st and 2nd round pick, but Chia will likely cut his losses and package him with a pick or Eberle for a RHD

I suspect he tries to move Fayne. Pardy I doubt is even here to be honest. At best I think you give him a PTO, but really don't see why we'd give him a contract at this point.

Really tough to look at next year and make predictions as I still think the purge is happening. There does seem to be a back log of guys, but a lot of teams have this at camp as well and a guy like Osterle and Musil probably clear.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Just can't see Musil ever having the impact that Davidson has had. Davidson has always have better offensive tools, and even when Davidson's skating wasn't amazing it was still miles better than Musil. If you think Reinhart is slow, then you won't like Musil's skating because its even worse.

One thing Musil has going for him is his big frame, but its concerning that his skating is as bad at it is at his weight. I can't see it improving a ton more if he ever finishes filling out.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Just can't see Musil ever having the impact that Davidson has had. Davidson has always have better offensive tools, and even when Davidson's skating wasn't amazing it was still miles better than Musil. If you think Reinhart is slow, then you won't like Musil's skating because its even worse.

One thing Musil has going for him is his big frame, but its concerning that his skating is as bad at it is at his weight. I can't see it improving a ton more if he ever finishes filling out.

Just curious the last time u have seen Musil play?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

It was bad to start. However I have serious doubts it didnt improve and he has been bale to be this good in AHL. Normally outright bad skaters get exposed in AHL. By the reports hes not just doing well in AHL, hes excelling to a degree. I think some good improvements to skating resulted in that.

Well see at camp if he has NHL skating tho

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just curious the last time u have seen Musil play?

None this season unfortunately, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and his skating made incredible leaps since last season. Because last season his skating during his NHL stint was a few tiers below where Reinharts is right now, so he would have needed considerable improvement to change that. I was impressed with his hockey IQ and positioning despite his poor skating, but I don't really see him ever being anywhere near as mobile as Davidson.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It was bad to start. However I have serious doubts it didnt improve and he has been bale to be this good in AHL. Normally outright bad skaters get exposed in AHL. By the reports hes not just doing well in AHL, hes excelling to a degree. I think some good improvements to skating resulted in that.

Well see at camp if he has NHL skating tho

Thats fair and maybe it has. I'm not holding my breath on it though with how bad it was at the end of last season. Was definitely worse than Reinhart's and his really still needs a lot of work.

Baronsfan

Nov 10, 2010
Musil's skating is below average, but he isn't exposed because he is smart and plays well within his boundaries. He's heady in he will always be in position where he won't be caught out of position and have to make up for it with his skating. Big guy, hopefully he had improved in the physicality department. His rookie seasons in OKC he was pretty soft and easy to play against.

Glad to see Simpson still showing well. I raved about him all season last year as being arguably OKC's most steady and composed d man, impressive especially considering it was his rookie season.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Agreed.

I Have barely watched him this year so maybe this is wrong but even to start this year he just doesn't appear to have an NHL toolset.

He will be very lucky to have a Taylor Chorney type career IMO.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The Condors putting the boots to the Gulls so far tonight, 5-1 after 2 periods.

McRae, Ford, Boychuk and Yakimov all with 1+1 so far. Slepyshev with a secondary assist in there too.

Not sure what happened in the 1st, but Khaira had a fighting major and a 10 minute match penalty.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The Condors putting the boots to the Gulls so far tonight, 5-1 after 2 periods.

McRae, Ford, Boychuk and Yakimov all with 1+1 so far. Slepyshev with a secondary assist in there too.

Not sure what happened in the 1st, but Khaira had a fighting major and a 10 minute match penalty.
Aren't the gulls Eakins team?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Slepy seems to be finding his groove. Just scored and up to 3g-5a in his last 8 games. Good to see, I stand by what I said that he will be a middle 6 forward in the NHL assuming he sticks around. If he can keep this rolling for the rest of the season and into playoffs we could see him a bunch next year in Edmonton. Hopefully big Yak is finding his groove as well with 5 points in 6 games since returning from Russia. Would love to have a 6'2 220+ winger and 6'5 230+ centre with some skill sliding into the 3rd or 4th line in the next year or 2.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Sounds like things got a bit interesting here. Not too often you see one player get 19 minutes in penalties in one game (Stevenson had a fighting major in the 1st period).

2 - STK Smith, 11:55 - Roughing, 2 min
2 - STK Smith, 11:55 - Misconduct - Continuing altercation, (46.5) 10 min
2 - STK Stevenson, 11:55 - Holding, 2 min
2 - STK Stevenson, 11:55 - Roughing, 2 min
2 - STK Stevenson, 11:55 - Game misconduct - Leaving penalty bench, (70.4) 10 min
2 - BAK Winquist, 11:55 - Roughing, 2 min

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Slepy seems to be finding his groove. Just scored and up to 3g-5a in his last 8 games. Good to see, I stand by what I said that he will be a middle 6 forward in the NHL assuming he sticks around. If he can keep this rolling for the rest of the season and into playoffs we could see him a bunch next year in Edmonton. Hopefully big Yak is finding his groove as well with 5 points in 6 games since returning from Russia. Would love to have a 6'2 220+ winger and 6'5 230+ centre with some skill sliding into the 3rd or 4th line in the next year or 2.

Big Yak, Khaira,Slepy,Kessy,Pitlick

Are really the only forwards in our system that has NHL potential, and they seem like 4th liners, and maybe a 4th line guys.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Big Yak, Khaira,Slepy,Kessy,Pitlick

Are really the only forwards in our system that has NHL potential, and they seem like 4th liners, and maybe a 4th line guys.

I could see Slepy, Khaira or Yak having 3rd line potential, but most of the other guys I'd agree on 4th line tops. Slepy probably has the best chance of being more because of his speed and shot. If Yak could improve his skating and play a little more physical he could have 3C upside.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, Bako can not hold a lead lately. They were up 4-2, ended up losing 6-5 in OT.

I guess thats what happens when they're missing their starter and backup. Really hope they can hang on and just outscore their opponents to put them in a position to make playoffs in the last 3 games when Brossoit, Nurse, Reinhart, and Oesterle go back (maybe sooner for some of them if we ever get some D back from injury)

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Man, Bako can not hold a lead lately. They were up 4-2, ended up losing 6-5 in OT.

Playing Rimmer in net. With Brossoit called up, Nilsson traded, and Laurikainen hurt, they can't stop a beachball. They're playing hard, but letting in soft goals.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
At this point It would be better to send Brossoit down. He's had a few weeks up with the big team to see what he needs to work on, but he (and everyone else) would be better served to get some playoff games in.

I wonder if they could do what Boston did a few years back, and sign a guy like Turco to finish off the year.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
At this point It would be better to send Brossoit down. He's had a few weeks up with the big team to see what he needs to work on, but he (and everyone else) would be better served to get some playoff games in.

I wonder if they could do what Boston did a few years back, and sign a guy like Turco to finish off the year.

I'd give Broissoit one start then send him down to finish the season and, we hope, help them make the playoffs. Let someone else be the backup here. It's not like the Oilers are playing for a playoff spot.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA

Bako has 2 ECHL goal tenders who both honestly SUCK. Rimmer is HORRENDOUS. He played two games in a row back to back and in the last game he gave up two goals back to back quickly TWICE.

Team as a whole seemed tired. Musil was great.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
It must really suck playing the same teams over and over again. I hope the AHL can build more of a presence in the west so the California teams can play some other teams once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad