Prospect Info: 2015/16 Bakersfield Condors Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think its Europe for him. Although maybe sign him to an AHL only contract (doesnt count against 50 player limit) and keep him around for scoring depth. Maybe he breaks out of his injury funk too

Too me still has an NHL future when healthy (although hes never healthy)

If we realise him (totallu justified) I can already see the headline in 3 years. "Former Edmonton prospect Tyler Pitlick scores his 25th goal of the year for the Vancouver Canucks"

Tyler Pitlick has 28 goals in 5 years of AHL hockey. He's going to be 25 to start next year and has never managed anything close to a respectable full season, or even a respectable partial season.

25 goals in an NHL season? He'll be lucky to play 25 NHL games the rest of his career.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Tyler Pitlick has 28 goals in 5 years of AHL hockey. He's going to be 25 to start next year and has never managed anything close to a respectable full season, or even a respectable partial season.

25 goals in an NHL season? He'll be lucky to play 25 NHL games the rest of his career.

Its going to happen. Put your hand up if you actually predicted Tobias reider to be a 40 point player in his sophmore NHL season. Or Devin Dubnyk to nearly win the Vezina

Former Oiler, you know hed be good

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Its going to happen. Put your hand up if you actually predicted Tobias reider to be a 40 point player in his sophmore NHL season. Or Devin Dubnyk to nearly win the Vezina

Reider was a better junior player and had as many goals as a 20 year old in his rookie AHL season as Pitlick has in 5 years.

Dubnyk was a good goalie in Edmonton until Eakin's got here. Not sure why it would be a surprise that he would rebound elsewhere.

Pitlick is nothing.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
4thlineforlife;116537517[B said:
]Its going to happen.[/B] Put your hand up if you actually predicted Tobias reider to be a 40 point player in his sophmore NHL season. Or Devin Dubnyk to nearly win the Vezina

Based on what.

He has a career high of 8 goals in the AHL.

Please explain how he'll turn into a 25 goal guy in the NHL. That would put him in the top 50 this year in the NHL. You think, TYLER PITLICK, will have a season where he's top 50 in goals...

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Based on what.

He has a career high of 8 goals in the AHL.

Please explain how he'll turn into a 25 goal guy in the NHL. That would put him in the top 50 this year in the NHL. You think, TYLER PITLICK, will have a season where he's top 50 in goals...

Based on in being the friggin Oilers :laugh: Remember when Dubnyk was a bum and was actually an AHL goalie for the Canadiens. Then a year later hes 2nd best goalie in the league. Good ole Pitty will be scoring 25 goals for some other team because its what ex Oilers do

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Based on in being the friggin Oilers :laugh: Remember when Dubnyk was a bum and was actually an AHL goalie for the Canadiens. Then a year later hes 2nd best goalie in the league. Good ole Pitty will be scoring 25 goals for some other team because its what ex Oilers do

There's also guys who get traded from the Oilers and still suck. See Gagner, Sam. You're only choosing the guys who fit your story that you want to tell.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

He had 13g 8a in 72 games as a rookie. It's not like what he did this year is something spectacular. As for Dubnyk I didn't think he'd rebound like that, but it's not a shock he's still a NHL starter.

I mean you could've brought up Perron who was brutal after we dealt him or Robbie Scrhemp where ever he is or Linus Omark,

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
[...]or Robbie Scrhemp where ever he is or Linus Omark,
Was looking after Schremp a few days ago, did a tour across european leagues and plays now for the Portland Pirates. (70gp/40pts)
Pitlick is probably on his way to a similar career.. :(

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was looking after Schremp a few days ago, did a tour across european leagues and plays now for the Portland Pirates. (70gp/40pts)
Pitlick is probably on his way to a similar career.. :(

He'd be lucky to do what Schremp has done to be honest. I mean Schremp keeps getting these shots because guys know he will be one of their best offensive players. Pitlick doesn't have the skill to make that impact and is hurt all the time.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Musil sounds like Davidson almost exactly a year ago. Smart, smart player in AHL, workhorse on backend.

Big thing for him is that hes waiver eligible next year, so theres a risk we lose him

I wonder what Chiarellis plans are for camp. Does he go in with Pardy/Fayne/Gryba competing for that #6 role, and then have waiver eligible Osterle and Musil fighting for it too. Not to mention Reinhart and Nurse. Or does he cut the first 3 loose and just go with Osterle and Musil for the spot

I think Reinharts brief time in Edmonton is up. I think Chiarelli got tricked into trade by Green and MacT and the old guard. With the style and depth of bottom pairing guys, I dont see a spot for Reinhart. I think Chiarelli will salvage anything he can with Reinhart and package him up in a trade. He has nowhere near value of 1st and 2nd round pick, but Chia will likely cut his losses and package him with a pick or Eberle for a RHD

if you watch the live shots of the oilers making the reinhart trade...chia did not look happy AT ALL lol

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I remember watching and seeing him looking defeated.

I remember his face as well and agree with those saying he certainly was not happy and that something was not right, but the expression I thought he had was embarrassed.

He also vocalized on more than one occasion that he was forced rely on his team for that decision.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I remember his face as well and agree with those saying he certainly was not happy and that something was not right, but the expression I thought he had was embarrassed.

He also vocalized on more than one occasion that he was forced rely on his team for that decision.

He was also likely pissed off seeing Hamilton go elsewhere for the same offer, pretty much.

Would we have been a better team this year with Hamilton and, say, Lack, instead of Reinhart and Talbot?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He was also likely pissed off seeing Hamilton go elsewhere for the same offer, pretty much.

Would we have been a better team this year with Hamilton and, say, Lack, instead of Reinhart and Talbot?

Considering Hamilton struggled to get his footing behind Gio and Brodie, I'd be terrified to think how bad it would have been here with only Jultz backing him up at the start of the season. He improved as he was able to get into a depth role with the Flames, here he would have been left to spiral in the toilet before seeing his season get flushed away.

Ferocian

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, Alberta
Now that the Oilers season is done, I'm going to be checking back on this thread a lot. I was trying to find ways to watch the condors but apparently the AHL streaming service is something like $10 per game.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Now that the Oilers season is done, I'm going to be checking back on this thread a lot. I was trying to find ways to watch the condors but apparently the AHL streaming service is something like $10 per game.

FYI the streams are terrible too.

I bought a ton of these in years previous and it's watchable but bad.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Condors win 6-3. Osterle with a goal. And the eliminated Stckton (Flames AHL team) from playoffs

Great win

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I just realized that the AHL playoffs are determined by points percentage and that the California teams play 8 less games. Interesting!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Condors win 6-3. Osterle with a goal. And the eliminated Stckton (Flames AHL team) from playoffs

Great win

Brossoit with the win, and Slepyshev with another goal of his own.

He had a crappy start to his NA 1st season, but he definitely progressed as the season went on. If he can get into a feature role with the team (and with Ford and Pitlick both unsigned, that would be his competition on the RW gone), I could see him having a big year next season.

Give it a season or two, but I could see him really excelling on McDavid's or Draisaitl's RW eventually.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
I don't think there is any way they can actually make the playoffs at this point.
Even if Charlotte loses both their games, and so does San Jose, and Bakersfield wins both of theirs.

Charlotte 76 games - 80 pts = 0.526 winning pct.
San Jose 68 games - 71 pts = 0.522 winning pct.
Bakersfield 68 games - 71 pts = 0.522 winning pct.

They'd beat San Jose based on wins, but lose to charlotte based on winning pct.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Brossoit with the win, and Slepyshev with another goal of his own.

He had a crappy start to his NA 1st season, but he definitely progressed as the season went on. If he can get into a feature role with the team (and with Ford and Pitlick both unsigned, that would be his competition on the RW gone), I could see him having a big year next season.

Give it a season or two, but I could see him really excelling on McDavid's or Draisaitl's RW eventually.

I think hes got like 15 points in last 20 with something like 9 goals. I think the transaition to smaller ice really stunted him but hes finally turning it on

I wouldnt be suprised to see him make a run on the big club in TC. Hell he god 11 games this year and looked solid to start

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I don't think there is any way they can actually make the playoffs at this point.
Even if Charlotte loses both their games, and so does San Jose, and Bakersfield wins both of theirs.

Correct.

It's a pity the team faltered so much down the stretch, 2-6-2 in their last 10. I still think keeping Brossoit up as long as they did was a mistake, especially after E2 went down.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

I think they are out. The Condors twitter feed was saying something about them playing spoiler now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad