WJC: 2015 — Canada Roster Talk (Part II)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DyerMaker66*

You are aware of his hand situation?

Fully

You do know McDavid has been out with an injured hand right? There would be riots in the streets if he was reinjured during a shot blocking drill in practice. Any other injured player would be excused as well.

If you're healthy enough to be on the ice, you're healthy enough to take part in the drills.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
So just waiting on word about Lazar and Horvat, since when know Duclair will be there and Drouin won't be. Kind of disappointed we won't see him there.

DyerMaker66*

Uh, no, not at all. Players come back to practice all the time with non contact.

This is Team Canada.

This isn't a practice, it's a tryout; if you can't tryout why are you even there?

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
This is Team Canada.

This isn't a practice, it's a tryout; if you can't tryout why are you even there?

Mcdavid has already made the team. He's the first line center. I'm pretty sure the team is pretty much set with the exception of a some holes. They are merely trying out players who are at the margins and working on chemistry.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
This is Team Canada.

He's on the team if he's comfortable enough to play when time comes. He's probably going to be the best, or atleast one of the best, in the entire tourney.

No point to make sure he won't be able to play because he re-injured his hand in an unnecessary drill.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
I hope other teams practice the fake shot, it'll be pretty easy since we now know these guys will go down for anything that resembles a shot lol.

Out of all the things you can practice first, with a collection of players that will form your team is shot blocking. Seems rather odd... :S

That's what i thought...weird drill...

DyerMaker66*

He's on the team if he's comfortable enough to play when time comes. He's probably going to be the best, or atleast one of the best, in the entire tourney.

No point to make sure he won't be able to play because he re-injured his hand in an unnecessary drill.
Then why run the drill at all?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
You guys know they usually practice blocking shots with tennis balls or soft pucks right?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Then why run the drill at all?

Unnecessary for Mcdavid. Right now, he doesn't need to be involved in drills where he can set back his recovery and that goes past his play for Team Canada into his play for the rest of his season. He just needs to get used to being on the ice right now and work on learning how his teammates play.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Gord Miller ‏@GMillerTSN
Connor McDavid just ripped a puck into the top corner of the net at the Canadian National Jr. Camp. Looks pretty good from here.

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
Canada is practising shot blocking

B4nflTfCEAER8AG.jpg

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters
McDavid did block one shot in drill before being sent to centre ice ... Probably best he take this one off

B4ngWXmIUAAQ1ph.jpg

Seriously? 1st full practice and they have them doing shot blocking drills? Did this guy go to the John Tortorella School of Coaching or what? This is off to a poor start....expectations are trending downwards.

BigBen

Dec 5, 2014
Seriously? 1st full practice and they have them doing shot blocking drills? Did this guy go to the John Tortorella School of Coaching or what? This is off to a poor start....expectations are trending downwards.
Foam pucks bud

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Foam pucks bud

my concern is not the foam pucks BUD! It's a ridiculous drill. waste of time. And that's what the 4th reminder by you of foam pucks. You must be a HC staffer, intern sent here to defend the idiots in charge at HC and the POE

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
my concern is not the foam pucks BUD! It's a ridiculous drill. waste of time. And that's what the 4th reminder by you of foam pucks. You must be a HC staffer, intern sent here to defend the idiots in charge at HC and the POE

This is the crux of it. Stupidity.

What is the rationale here? Oh, we have a very limited amount of time to work on systems, special teams, line combos before the tournament....let's block shots.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
This is the crux of it. Stupidity.

What is the rationale here? Oh, we have a very limited amount of time to work on systems, special teams, line combos before the tournament....let's block shots.

This is exactly it. To me it screams coach out of his element. are we ready for the sequel to Steve Spott? The original was such a laugh and a half lets make Steve Spott 2.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
You are ridiculous here and overreacting at that shot-blocking drill. Plenty of time for them to practise and you calling already the coaches out for a drill that maybe even didn't last an hour?? I guess that's why they won't win gold, lol.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

The foam pucks can be this year's flashlights...an insignificant item that comes to illustrate the stupidity of HC.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
The foam pucks can be this year's flashlights...an insignificant item that comes to illustrate the stupidity of HC.

As idiotic as that drill is... I have infinite faith in the HC "brain trust" to come up with something even dumber than the Ufa lamps, superman capes and foam pucks. HC's stupidity runs deep and is profound. I hope they prove me wrong this year... always happy to be wrong...but I haven't been wrong in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad