Prospect Info: 2014 Traverse City Prospect Tournament (September 12th - 16th)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Primetimey*

So, Dallas organization has around 30 people there according to Mark.

30.. flights.. hotel rooms.. food.. $$$$$

Why doesn't each team invest a couple grand and get a live stream going for their fans.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
So, Dallas organization has around 30 people there according to Mark.

30.. flights.. hotel rooms.. food.. $$$$$

Why doesn't each team invest a couple grand and get a live stream going for their fans.

It's really ridiculous because you know that each team has cameras recording every game just to get a view of not just their prospects but everyone else's as part of their due diligence. Most of the players are on tv during their regular season leagues anyway so it's not like there's a reason to hide or not get more video. You'd think people are still paying for dial-up speeds or some other antiquated throw back to AOL.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I'm surprised some teams don't stream stuff live but I'm not surprised Dallas doesn't do anything. We're literally talking about dozens of fans who might watch. I can't imagine there would be 100 different sets of Stars fans' eyes on these games.

Primetimey*

I'm surprised some teams don't stream stuff live but I'm not surprised Dallas doesn't do anything. We're literally talking about dozens of fans who might watch. I can't imagine there would be 100 different sets of Stars fans' eyes on these games.

Post it on their website, social media, some promotional help from the NHL.. you could get 1000 people watching easy.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
What I'm saying is of all the teams in the tournament, I'm not surprised the Stars are bucking the trend. Even teams with a lot more fans aren't streaming the games or broadcasting them anywhere. Obviously, if it made sense on all fronts for them to do it some team already would be.

MetalGodAOD*

Bufallo is apparently streaming their game. Good to know when we play them.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
BxW8uGfCYAAD9AP.jpg

Ritchie is the captain.

Primetimey*

@StarsInsideEdge
Stars expected forwards tonite in Traverse City:

Ranford-Dickinson-Ritchie
Elie-Faksa-Stransky
Smith-Pollock-Troock
Paulovic-Shirley-Ully

Scratched: Eller, Karlsson, Peters

Jokipakka-Honka
Lindell-Bystrom
Peters-Haydon

Scratched: Vance, Savindo

Desrosiers (Starting)
Kiviaho

*Not sure why Ully and Paulovic are playing off wings.. unless typo.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Paulovic was drafted as LW, and it's pretty common for Europeans to play their off wing.

Not sure about Ully.

I don't get why Desrosiers is starting though. Most teams seem to typically have their best goalie play the 2nd game and then the seed game. Now Kiviaho would play their seeding game. Desrosiers would play the final group game.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Interesting lineup, leaving some of the older players sitting in the stands (Vance, Karlsson, Peters).

Average age is 20 years on the button. I think closer to 21 is typical, so it will be interesting to see how they do against probably the oldest team in the tournament in the NY Rangers.

**For reference 18 of the 24 players on the Rangers roster are over 20 years of age.

Primetimey*

Interesting lineup, leaving some of the older players sitting in the stands (Vance, Karlsson, Peters).

Average age is 20 years on the button. I think closer to 21 is typical, so it will be interesting to see how they do against probably the oldest team in the tournament in the NY Rangers.

**For reference 18 of the 24 players on the Rangers roster are over 20 years of age.

Good catch on the Peters scratch, I missed that. Also, I think there is a rule about number of players in one game who have played a full professional season (Ritchie, Stransky, Ranford, Joki) I read on the main prospect board it was 4.. seems to be true.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Hopefully Pollock is going to play center in Edmonton this year. Can't have enough centers. It's amazing where Dallas was 28 months ago in that department.

Off the top of my head ... they've added Faksa, Shore, Dickinson, and Peters to the prospect group along with Seguin and Spezza as potential long term centers (hopefully at least several more years for Spezza).

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Good catch on the Peters scratch, I missed that. Also, I think there is a rule about number of players in one game who have played a full professional season (Ritchie, Stransky, Ranford, Joki) I read on the main prospect board it was 4.. seems to be true.

If that's true Karlsson also played a full season of professional hockey.

I could see Jokipakka only play 2 games. Maybe they rest Ritchie a game or two. IDK ... they didn't do that for Nuke IIRC.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006

aww dang.. that was the advantage I thought this team had - so many players with Texas Stars AHL playoffs experience. If we can only use 4 of them it's not as much of an advantage.

Wouldn't Esa Lindell and Ludwig Bystrom count as players with pro experience though? Or are the SEL and SM-liiga not counted as professional hockey leagues?

Primetimey*

aww dang.. that was the advantage I thought this team had - so many players with Texas Stars AHL playoffs experience. If we can only use 4 of them it's not as much of an advantage.

Wouldn't Esa Lindell and Ludwig Bystrom count as players with pro experience though? Or are the SEL and SM-liiga not counted as professional hockey leagues?

I assume they are exempt because so many 18,19,20 year olds play in those leagues.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
It's pro hockey in NA that's limited, not pro hockey in general.

If our team plays like they should, we should straight up clown these guys. Their lineup is not strong at all. Donnay and Leroux on the same team, yikes.

Primetimey*

Grew up with Mat Bodie, went to school with him for many years will be interesting to see how he does.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
*sigh* nothing doing on the audio / video stream front?

Looks like Dallas is controlling the game early. Shots 4-0 Stars after 3 minutes of ES play.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Well it's 1-0, and from what I can tell from refreshing the live game thing the faceoff at center ice might actually be the first time this game that the puck has left the Ranger's end.

Unless things drastically change here we're looking good.

Primetimey*

Last year we totally dominated possession time and most games. I expect the same this year with this group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad