Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SauceHappens

May 31, 2012
@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault discussing young guys who've figured it out mentions "Monte." Looks at PR rep: "What's Monte's real name?" Answer: "Danny Kristo."

@stevezipay: AV notes that some players have made big strides in testing numbers from last season: Miller, St. Louis, Nash, Kristo.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kristo has the hockey IQ and skills to be a top-6 player or top-9 on this team with the way AV roles his lines. He is a it older so hopefully he puts it together this year. His vision is VERY good.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I hear sooo many different things about Kristo...

But good for him. As prospects go, he's at a pretty critical stage. 24. Kinda now or maybe never for him.

SauceHappens

May 31, 2012
Kristo has the hockey IQ and skills to be a top-6 player or top-9 on this team with the way AV roles his lines. He is a it older so hopefully he puts it together this year. His vision is VERY good.

Definitely has the offense skill, with him it's just been about playing away from the puck and bringing the same effort on a consistent basis. The amount of competition for the few spots that are available is pretty unreal. Good problem to have.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

He's kind of the forgotten prospect .

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Miller suffered a hamstring injury during conditional drills last September. He was not probably in tip top shape. First day of camp. Management and the players didn't like Miller showing up in New York until camp started. Miller got the message. Looks like he got it. The Rangers leaked their displeasure of Miller not showing in August 2013 to Larry Brooks. Miller was one of the first players to skate this summer. He may have been the first player to begin skating in New York this summer. His conditioning numbers are much better. Miller made the team last October after playing in the last few pre-season games.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Miller suffered a hamstring injury during conditional drills last September. He was not probably in tip top shape. First day of camp. Management and the players didn't like Miller showing up in New York until camp started. Miller got the message. Looks like he got it. The Rangers leaked their displeasure of Miller not showing in August 2013 to Larry Brooks. Miller was one of the first players to skate this summer. He may have been the first player to begin skating in New York this summer. His conditioning numbers are much better. Miller made the team last October after playing in the last few pre-season games.

You read things like this and you wonder just what RB's connection is to the Rangers... ;)

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
@PLeonardNYDN: Vigneault discussing young guys who've figured it out mentions "Monte." Looks at PR rep: "What's Monte's real name?" Answer: "Danny Kristo."

@stevezipay: AV notes that some players have made big strides in testing numbers from last season: Miller, St. Louis, Nash, Kristo.

Great for Monte.

Problem is that he never really meshed with Miller. Everyone assumes that the two Americans (Miller and Kristo) played with each and so did the two Swedes (Lindberg and Fast), but it was just the opposite: Miller with Fast, Lindberg with Kristo.

Either way, I feel like we all (myself including) have been too tough on him. Regardless of his age, it was still his first pro season and it's a significant jump from college to the AHL. There are many small things to be learned and nobody gave him a break for not knowing them as a rookie.

I'm guessing he read all the reports (including on this forum) about this season being his last chance and had a crazy summer getting in top shape to give himself a real shot to make the team. Good for the kid. I don't know how this will work out for him, but he's got my respect. Will be pulling for you, Monte!

thenumbersdonotlie*

Kristo has NHL offensive skills. Problem his his defensive game is non existent and he doesn't seem to want to improve it at 24.

Wolfy*

Wolfy's been saying Brass is nothing without Zucc.

I highly doubt a goalie making a save on Brass is an "issue"

As you probably remember, that was a problem last season among several players. Missed the net, couldn't finish. It also includes Zucc.

And in all those GDTs...we can't score, we suck. Gotta get rid of this.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
As you probably remember, that was a problem last season among several players. Missed the net, couldn't finish. It also includes Zucc.

"Can't hit the net. Can't finish. Every other team can"

This is not a Ranger specific problem.

It's a myth fans of every single sports team like to tell themsleves

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kristo?!! Wonder who in their right mind saw this one coming. :sarcasm:

Leslie did (too), right? I think she had him in her top 10 and many here thought it should have been lower. Still too early to call it, of course, but this news is positive. It will great for the Rangers if he makes the team by outplaying Fast, Hays and / or some of newcomers veterans.

Wolfy*

The new and hopefully improved version of Rick Nash.
Shaved and short haircut, they call him baby face, but at least he doesn't look fat anymore. Looks ready and in good shape :)

[NHL]631138[/NHL]

I'll throw in two more interviews from today, if you have missed them.
McDonagh talking about captaincy, and some words from Zucc.

[NHL]631269[/NHL]

[NHL]631270[/NHL]

AHB*

The GDT's are more reaction based, while most other threads are far more analytical. You seem to have an issue with quite a few players in most threads outside of the GDT.

That said, many Rangers had trouble finishing last year. To single out Brassard though is just unnecessary. It was a team wide problem for most players sans maybe McD.

In fact, that entire line - Poo-Brass-Zucc had the most glaring botched opportunities, but I think that comes with the territory of having so many of them. A group who is playing at an elite level are going to have far more botched opps because they're getting far more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad