Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Lindberg will eventually make it IMO but I always thought if him as the d.moore replacement . 4th line pker

Next season, he'll be 24 in October. He will have 6 years of pro experience in the SEL and the AHL. That's plenty of experience where it will be ok not to have him in the top 9. I would have no problem playing Lindberg on the 4th line.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I love how the 30 year old Lombardi is handed a spot after a ppg season in Switzerland but Lindberg who was the playoff MVP and had 42 points in ~55 games in the SEL, a superior league, at the age of 21, is not good enough.

Odd

Reality is if Lombardi and Malone stink they are waived down and it does not hurt the team on the cap . You kind of have too give the vets the benefit of the doubt until a kid beats them out

Also the 13th F needs to be a cheap vet .

If the top 6 are msl, step, kreider , zuc, brass, Nash then the 3rd line hagelin , miller , stempniak then vets should fill 4th line minutes

If Hayes , Lindberg or fast earn 3rd line minutes and a guy like stempniak is bumped down it's a different story

Also come playoff time they may promote a kid w a vet sitting . A lot can change from camp to the playoffs

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Looking back he only mentioned his own speculation that Nash seems more comfortable on the right based on his tenure in NY. Nash in his own interview claims he can play one or the other, given the proper adjustment period. It seems he is used to the right, but the left is an option.

Either way I don't think Nash needs a redemption from last season, and even if he did I don't see the left wing being a spark to add more offense.

AV said yesterday he was putting Nash on the left side.

That's the first I've heard it officially.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I believe Lindberg is one of those players that will surprise many. Even if he's rather well regarded here I don't think that many people actually know him as a player. He's on of those guys that will get a shot in the lineup, and keep it. Like Hagelin.

Wolfy*

Saturday sept. 20:

Group 2 practice 10:00 am - 11:45 am
group 1 practice 12:15 pm - 2:00 pm
group 3 practice 2:15 pm - 3:15 pm

sunday sept. 21 scrimmage 11:00 am

Last edited by a moderator:

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Kreider - Stepan - MSL
Hagelin - Brassard - Zucc
Malone - Miller - Nash
Glass - Moore - Stempniak

First call-ups: Hayes, Fast, Lindberg.

I'll be at the game Monday. I'm really hoping I get to see the second group. Particularly Duclair, Hayes, Lindberg, and Haggerty.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge

Wolfy*

Looks like some Brass issues continue, he can't even finish on this guy?

10:03: Derick Brassard howls in mock shock and anger after he is stoned by Cedric Desjardins during three-on-zero rush drill. Anthony Duclair does bury the rebound, however!

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Looks like some Brass issues continue, he can't even finish on this guy?

10:03: Derick Brassard howls in mock shock and anger after he is stoned by Cedric Desjardins during three-on-zero rush drill. Anthony Duclair does bury the rebound, however!
Brassard was having issues?

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
10:35: Chris Bourque is flying out there. Couple nice goals during drills, and one really sweet pass to set up another. Younger brother Ryan Bourque watching from other side of the glass (he's in Group A).

Wonder if he could surprise for spare forward or on the fourth line...

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/6611/saturday-training-camp-timeline-group-b-continually-updated?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tweets&utm_content=twitter_1411221885#.VB2aQfldV8F

He was always a bubble guy who killed it in the minors . Call up likely

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Kreider - Stepan - MSL
Hagelin - Brassard - Zucc
Malone - Miller - Nash
Glass - Moore - Stempniak

First call-ups: Hayes, Fast, Lindberg.

I'll be at the game Monday. I'm really hoping I get to see the second group. Particularly Duclair, Hayes, Lindberg, and Haggerty.

Hagelin moving up is not a crazy thought but I still think nah moves to lw

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
I don't know why, but these last few days before first preseason game are the worst for me. So close... yet so far away. Any word on what group is going to play vs NJ on Monday? I'm assuming group A.

From what I have read or heard, AV is going to keep the groups A and B together for the first game or two before mixing the players up. Top line from Group A was Kreider-Stepan-MSL and top line from Group B was Nash-Brass-Zucc (at least at first before mixing some guys up within the group). Nash was asked how he felt about LW and mentioned he spent a lot of time there early and if he sticks through camp there he'll get that comfortability back. I think those two lines would be great as our 1st and 2nd. Nash brings the power forward size to the Brass line and makes more sense there IMO.

Sorry. Just rambling because I'm dying for anything hockey right now.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
Didn't even realize the first preseason games are tomorrow.

So pumped.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Wolfy's been saying Brass is nothing without Zucc.

I highly doubt a goalie making a save on Brass is an "issue"
Wolfy doesn't think the New York Rangers would be a real hockey team without Zucc, it's best he's just ignored.

In other training camp news:
@NYRangers: "There are 20 something leaders on this team. It's not just about which players wear letters.; and that's a great thing"-@RMcDonagh27 #NYRTC
https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/513358159709503489

This is the kinda stuff you wanna hear

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I bet the room will miss Boyle. He seems like the kinda guy who could have wore a letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad