Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I don't know, Colton Orr, the most useless player and worst skater in the history of the NHL, had his fans.

Meh, wouldn't go that far. John Scott has done absolutely nothing of value in his career.

At least Orr KO'ed that sack of human sludge in Todd Fedoruk.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The reason they'll have a hard time repeating is because it's just difficult to do no matter how good your team is. There is more luck and chance affecting these things than most people are willing to admit. The odds are always going to be in favor of the best teams, but as so often is touted here, anything can happen.

True but the point I was making is that we are as deep (maybe even deeper) than last season. Failing to come out of East would be somewhat of a disappointment. Failing to say make ECF would be a disappointment. No reason why they cant repeat.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
Meh, wouldn't go that far. John Scott has done absolutely nothing of value in his career.

At least Orr KO'ed that sack of human sludge in Todd Fedoruk.
Agreed. Orr can play the game better than Scott and has done more damage in the fighting dept.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'd say 'lol no way' to Thornton.

As for Glass you never know. He can have one big moment by scoring a goal and people will love him.

Agreed on both. Who are they giving up for Thornton? And how can they afford it? As far as Glass I can definitely see a Mike Rupp Winter Classic moment with him then do nothing the rest of his career

SupersonicMonkey*

Agreed. Orr can play the game better than Scott and has done more damage in the fighting dept.

Saying Orr can play the game better than Scott is setring the bar low.

My overexaggerated point was, terrible hockey players have managed to endear themselves to some fans. So it's possible Glass could as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't want any of Orr, Scott, Glass, Malone...no useless players anywhere near my team.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Saying Orr can play the game better than Scott is setring the bar low.

My overexaggerated point was, terrible hockey players have managed to endear themselves to some fans. So it's possible Glass could as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't want any of Orr, Scott, Glass, Malone...no useless players anywhere near my team.

Expect Malone in his decline is better than all three of those goons in their prime.

SupersonicMonkey*

So there is chatter about:

Kreider - Stepan - St. Louis
Nash - Brassard - Zuccarello

Which would be stupid, because that would mean we have two lines that will get virtually no even strength time. We would go from a 4 line team to a 2 line team.

Or they could distribute the experience and roll 4 lines.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012

Which would be stupid, because that would mean we have two lines that will get virtually no even strength time. We would go from a 4 line team to a 2 line team.

not sure how you figure that but ok lol.

SupersonicMonkey*

not sure how you figure that but ok lol.

Because Hagelin - Miller - Stempniak would not get a lot of even strength time, and Glass/Malone - Moore - Lombardi wouldn't either.

Unless you somehow feel Vigneault is going to keep all of his top offensive players off the ice in favor of the other guys...

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Because Hagelin - Miller - Stempniak would not get a lot of even strength time, and Glass/Malone - Moore - Lombardi wouldn't either.

Unless you somehow feel Vigneault is going to keep all of his top offensive players off the ice in favor of the other guys...
well it depends on how well miller and hayes Impress. One thing is certain brass and zucc and stepan and kreider will remain intact

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Why? Hagelin-Miller-Stempniak is still a solid line. The 4th line will most likely be Malone/Glass-Moore-Lombardi which is more than a solid 4th line.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Agreed on both. Who are they giving up for Thornton? And how can they afford it? As far as Glass I can definitely see a Mike Rupp Winter Classic moment with him then do nothing the rest of his career

That plus Thornton dislikes Rangers for some reason and would never come here.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Larry Brooks said today:

Kreider-Step-MSL
Nash-Brass-Zucc

Brooks said Malone might be a better fit for the 2nd line and then bumped Nash to 3rd line.

Brooks does not really know anything special at this point.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Why? Hagelin-Miller-Stempniak is still a solid line. The 4th line will most likely be Malone/Glass-Moore-Lombardi which is more than a solid 4th line.

Yeah. As I've been saying for months, the ES split between the top 3 centers last year was 15/14/13. It's not going to be a huge shift if that split becomes 16/14/12.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Larry Brooks said today:

Kreider-Step-MSL
Nash-Brass-Zucc

Brooks said Malone might be a better fit for the 2nd line and then bumped Nash to 3rd line.

He said that yesterday. And he was the first beat writer to mention Nash playing with Brassard as a likely situation. He says that yesterday and today, Nash is playing with Brassard. So I would say he talked to someone in the org about it.

Of course, he then went on a huge flight of fancy with Malone.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Larry Brooks said today:

Kreider-Step-MSL
Nash-Brass-Zucc

Glass might be a better for for 3rd line and Rick Nash should be bumped to the 4th

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
For what it's worth, just seeing the video on BlueshirtsUnited, Nash looks like he's in better shape. A lot slimmer and youthful through the face (besides being clean-shaven).

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
For what it's worth, just seeing the video on BlueshirtsUnited, Nash looks like he's in better shape. A lot slimmer and youthful through the face (besides being clean-shaven).

Noticed that too. Hopefully he trained extra hard in the off season. I'd think his playoff performance definitely got to him. Which it did last year too, if anyone remembers last season he was amazing the first 3 games before he got concussed. He was dominant ever shift he had.

Hopefully he gets out of the gate like that again but no concussion this time.

I'd love nothing more than Nash to go 40-40 and shove it up everyone's ass as he leads the Rangers this year.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Noticed that too. Hopefully he trained extra hard in the off season. I'd think his playoff performance definitely got to him. Which it did last year too, if anyone remembers last season he was amazing the first 3 games before he got concussed. He was dominant ever shift he had.

Hopefully he gets out of the gate like that again but no concussion this time.

I'd love nothing more than Nash to go 40-40 and shove it up everyone's ass as he leads the Rangers this year.

And add some more in the playoffs. Would be a hell of a season if he could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad