Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Right, I liked a lot of things Torts did as well, but he really just was too rigid in his approach and didn't adapt when it became obvious his system wasn't working well anymore.

Anyways, this is kinda cool

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The reason they'll have a hard time repeating is because it's just difficult to do no matter how good your team is. There is more luck and chance affecting these things than most people are willing to admit. The odds are always going to be in favor of the best teams, but as so often is touted here, anything can happen.

How dare you?! Don't you know this is the most optimistic time of the year. Everyone is making the playoffs and about 20 teams are going to the Final.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
How dare you?! Don't you know this is the most optimistic time of the year. Everyone is making the playoffs and about 20 teams are going to the Final.

And the other 10 teams will all be bad enough to finish 30th or 29th in the league for a shot at McDavid/Eichel.

Everyone is a winner in September!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Out of curiosity why are we set on the Kreider - Step - Msl line ? Isn't MSL the perfect guy to RW the third line and carry Miller

I'm for stacking 2 scoring lines so Kreider, Stepan, MSL, Nash, Brassard, Zuccarello

then Hagelin is a great 3rd line option. Stempniak can score so he has potential then I really hope Miller is ready. That line can score IMO

If that is the 3rd line I would not waste the kids on the 4th line so send Lindberg, Hayes, Haggerty, Fast, Kristo , Bourque, etc down to get playing time

Moore is a solid 4th line C and then we see what Malone, Glass, Lombardi can do. If they start to stink bring up a kid

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
i think kreider stepan msl line fits well while nash with brass zucc

I was talking about the way they lined up this morning. Kristo given a chance to impress with Step and Kreider. Bourque with Hagelin and Miller. Our two reclamation projects with MSL. It's about giving guys on the bubble a solid opportunity, even if that's not how they line up once the games start.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I was talking about the way they lined up this morning. Kristo given a chance to impress with Step and Kreider. Bourque with Hagelin and Miller. Our two reclamation projects with MSL. It's about giving guys on the bubble a solid opportunity, even if that's not how they line up once the games start.
i know that. I meant when all is set and done

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Always a good strategy to have :laugh:

Well yeah fair enough. I also think it's telling that a guy like AV, who is a big fan of setting up duos with interchangeable wingers, has Miller with Hagelin already. On paper, that seems like a set duo with this lineup.

I know, I know. Reading tea leaves on day 1 of camp. :laugh:

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Well yeah fair enough. I also think it's telling that a guy like AV, who is a big fan of setting up duos with interchangeable wingers, has Miller with Hagelin already. On paper, that seems like a set duo with this lineup.

I know, I know. Reading tea leaves on day 1 of camp. :laugh:

I know exactly what you're saying. I'm more anxious than anything to see what line combos are produced from this training camp.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
12:24: Again, read nothing into this, but pretty cool to see Anthony Duclair skating on line with Derick Brassard and Rick Nash during drills. Kevin Hayes, as AV promised yesterday, is skating at center. He is between Zucc and Chris Bourque.

Must be pretty awesome for Duclair

Group B Updates

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
McIlrath paired with McDonagh, seems a pretty obvious "show us what you got" move.

Or AV just wanted to have the "McPair"

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
1:38: Defenseman Conor Allen playing very physically against veterans Brassard and Nash during offensive-zone battle drills. Vets amp up their physical play against Allen. And it's Day One of camp. Keep that in mind.

This whole update makes me giddy :handclap:

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Bx6eArmIMAAf-W1.png

boo!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord · 4m
Rangers will have a rookie game on Wednesday.

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord · 2m
AV said Teams A and B will mainly stay intact for first two preseason games, each group getting a game, maybe some Team C guys sprinkled in.

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord · 2m
AV expecting first cutdowns to come after second preseason game, after each of two main groups gets a game.

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord · 1m
Probably some players re-assigned to Hartford after the rookie game as well with report day for Wolf Pack camp on Thursday.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
EDIT - Beaten to the punch.

Curious to see if and who from Team C is going to get minutes...

I'd guess they keep Leroux around to play the tough guy role, and to see if he can hang in Hartford. Maybe they want to further evaluate guys like Donnay and Nejezchleb (if he's healthy), who could either go back to junior or play professionally. I could also see someone like McCarthy, who plays with a lot of energy and reportedly looked good in Traverse, getting a little bit of a longer look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad