Pre-Game Talk: 2014 Training Camp (Starts 9/18)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The thing with Hayes is having a skilled center man with lots of size. It's a real asset. Whenever he can take a center spot and contribute offense we'll be a lot better off for it. Even if he can fit in like Sean Couturier does with the Flyers that's very helpful too.

Lindberg is probably the most rounded of all our young centers. I like Oscar a lot but I think he's a long shot to make the team out of training camp. Miller has both size and grit and can move to the wing. He's also the youngest of the three and the most experienced.

Truthfully I'd like all of them to make it--there's just not enough room. To me Miller and Hayes have the best chances of all the prospect forwards to make the team out of training camp.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
The thing with Hayes is having a skilled center man with lots of size. It's a real asset. Whenever he can take a center spot and contribute offense we'll be a lot better off for it. Even if he can fit in like Sean Couturier does with the Flyers that's very helpful too.

Lindberg is probably the most rounded of all our young centers. I like Oscar a lot but I think he's a long shot to make the team out of training camp. Miller has both size and grit and can move to the wing. He's also the youngest of the three and the most experienced.

Truthfully I'd like all of them to make it--there's just not enough room. To me Miller and Hayes have the best chances of all the prospect forwards to make the team out of training camp.

I agree with this. I think it's Miller's roster spot to lose at this point. As for Hayes, he has a lot more to prove during training camp to try and crack one of those last open roster spots.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I agree with this. I think it's Miller's roster spot to lose at this point. As for Hayes, he has a lot more to prove during training camp to try and crack one of those last open roster spots.

AV also mentioned Talbot and Kreider not starting with the team last yr but they were important.

I expect Hayes to start in the AHL and get called up if he tears it up

Miller should make it. Nice comments about Danny Monte Kristo, he's gonna get a look and hes older so I don't mind him making the team even if its 4th line

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
AV also mentioned Talbot and Kreider not starting with the team last yr but they were important.

Miller should make it. Nice comments about Danny Monte Kristo, he's gonna get a look and hes older so I don't mind him making the team even if its 4th line

Kristo as a 4th liner?--I don't know. You'd want some grit there. You'd definitely want guys who can play in the defensive end of the ice. I would anyway. For a 4th line wing spot between him and someone like Jesper Fast--I'd definitely give Fast the edge. About the same size but Fast is smart with the puck, will take the body and can penalty kill.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

This is good news. Most of them may not start in the NHL but will make it up at some point. It gives us options during the season and will allow some trades to be made later on.

The amount of depth we have is actually very exciting. I don't know that this team can repeat last years performance however, they certainly have the ability to. We will be a successful team this season. Exactly how successful depends a fair amount on whether MSL falls off the cliff this year.

BarbaraAlphanse

Yeah, Rust/Ken and I agreed on most things WP last year, but his take on Kristo mystified me - I agree that he absolutely has the shooter's touch, but my view is that he's completely clueless when he doesn't have the puck. Very curious to see him during actual gameplay this TC.

To be honest, I was under the impression that after the first month and a half, that is the main thing Kristo worked on.

Defensive responsibility, controlling offensive recklessness.

To me, I don't even think AV's main point of praising the players he mentioned was their actual conditioning - it was the process they took this summer to stand out (i.e. their preparation, commitment to the team, maturation).

In that sense, hearing both Miller and Kristo is extremely significant.

And I think we all already know that offensively, Kristo had the talent to crack the roster. His work ethic and commitment to learning defense was what prohibited him. And now, he's one step closer.

I don't think he makes the team out of camp, but I do think Stempniak is one poor 3 week stretch away from losing his spot to the younger and more inexperienced Kristo.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Could anyone post a line-up WITH numbers?

29xf7m9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad