Speculation: 2014 Trade Deadline Discussion - Part IX - The Buffalo Syndrome

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So they're saying Buffalo will probably flip Stewart. Ottawa seems to be the front runners with Stone plus.
We're better trading partners with Buff then we were with STL though. Hope Ray's in on it.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So they're saying Buffalo will probably flip Stewart. Ottawa seems to be the front runners with Stone plus.
We're better trading partners with Buff then we were with STL though. Hope Ray's in on it.

I say go for both. Roll Kunitz - Crosby - Stewart and Neal - Malkin - Kesler *drops mic*

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
Id love for Chris Stewart to be on this team. Alas, Shero has only shown a penchant recently for trading his glut of defensive prospects for deadline rentals.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2014/02/28/rossi-chicago-weather-and-trade-winds/#axzz2ugUXZXwo

"The trade deadline is 3 p.m. on Wednesday, and there are already a lot of my colleagues talking about who the Penguins are targeting.

Unlike last year, when it was clear what the Penguins wanted to and could do, this trade-deadline season look a bit cloudy so many days out.

A bit of information that could signal what the Penguins are thinking short- and long-term, though: They inquired with Vancouver about center Ryan Kesler before the Olympics.

Read into that what you want. Just passing along the information."

Michael8771*

Orpik and 2015 2nd for Stuart (wishful thinking)
Sutter, Dumoulin/Pouliot, and Uher for Kessler (ditto above)
The second deal looks more likely but again I'd hate to give up Pouliot, without him a deal may not get done.

Michael8771*

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2014/02/28/rossi-chicago-weather-and-trade-winds/#axzz2ugUXZXwo

"The trade deadline is 3 p.m. on Wednesday, and there are already a lot of my colleagues talking about who the Penguins are targeting.

Unlike last year, when it was clear what the Penguins wanted to and could do, this trade-deadline season look a bit cloudy so many days out.

A bit of information that could signal what the Penguins are thinking short- and long-term, though: They inquired with Vancouver about center Ryan Kesler before the Olympics.

Read into that what you want. Just passing along the information."
Kesler has a NTC, therefore if he wants to come here (which I'm not sure he would) he can pick the team he's traded to. Which in turn could to some degree negate what the canucks could get, ala Jarome last year.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Kesler has a NTC, therefore if he wants to come here (which I'm not sure he would) he can pick the team he's traded to. Which in turn could to some degree negate what the canucks could get, ala Jarome last year.

I would think his desire to be on a team that could potentially win the Cup is greater than his desire to not play wing. Then again, Kesler and I are not BFF's so I have literally no idea. But if I were in his position, I thinkkkk I would give up playing center to play with Crosby and Malkin.

Michael8771*

I would think his desire to be on a team that could potentially win the Cup is greater than his desire to not play wing. Then again, Kesler and I are not BFF's so I have literally no idea. But if I were in his position, I thinkkkk I would give up playing center to play with Crosby and Malkin.
Kesler gets over 22 minutes of ice time a game, the only way that happens here is if he's our first line RW. If that appeals to him great, not sure that it does however.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

But does he think this team could potentially win the cup?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Kesler gets over 22 minutes of ice time a game, the only way that happens here is if he's our first line RW. If that appeals to him great, not sure that it does however.

Or he plays centre on the third line, kills penalties, plays the power play, and takes 4 or 5 shifts extra shift with the 1st, 2nd, or 4th liners.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh

He would want 22 mins on the Pens? Who does Kesler think he is? Craig Adams? Not everyone gets Adams-minutes, okay?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Kesler would get his minutes here. That's not a problem. I think the issue is at least 20 of 29 other teams in the league have inquired according to Mckenzie. That just seems like a potential bidding war that the Pens may have no realistic chance to win.

Michael8771*

Or he plays centre on the third line, kills penalties, plays the power play, and takes 4 or 5 shifts extra shift with the 1st, 2nd, or 4th liners.
That's not an ideal situation IMO. You're once again asking a guy to play out of his comfort zone. That's not gonna help if he's constantly moving up and down the line up. Unless Kesler takes reduced minutes on our third line, OR welcomes a RW position taking occasional FO's alongside Sid, you're trying to force something that you shouldn't. Maybe we're better off looking for a wing instead of a player who would be forced to play out of his preferred position (potentially).

Michael8771*

Exactly.

Staal treatment, except..the twist he is used a lot more on the top PP unit.
You want to mess with the best PP unit in the league? Yeah, I just think we're asking for trouble trying to change things up like that. The PK sure, not the top PP.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
First line, third line...Kesler might just want to go to a work environment where he isn't treated like garbage.

In Vancouver, he's been subjected to Crawford, Vigneault, and now Tortorella. Apart from Vigneault (who Kesler apparently despises), the other two aren't just not player coaches; they're completely unreasonable a holes. Tortorella's guys probably leave the game with Stockholm Syndrome and Crawford is whispered to be playing blackjack with a deck full of jokers. Bark at the moon, throw a tea party for his 5 imaginary friends bonkers.

I mean, I don't like this Get Along Gang **** any more than anyone else, but if I were a player, which Kesler is, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't jump at the chance to trade Torts' work environment for DB's.

Go from a place where, when a buddy asks for a trade, he gets traded where he wants to go, instead of jerked around for a year only to have the owner show up unannounced at his house during his vacation to tell him he isn't getting that transfer he was promised.

Pittsburgh's in Kesler's native country. Pittsburgh's going to win its division and Vancouver is starting a rebuild. Pittsburgh's a safer city than Vancouver. Pennsylvania, US has lower taxes than BC Canada...

He'll waive. They could tell him they'd use him on left D and he'd still waive.

It's not worth talking about him not waiving his NTC for this reason or that reason because he'll waive (unless he's dead set on Michigan or bust or wifey hates Pitt for some reason).

Whether Vancouver is going to like our offer as much as other teams...where he should theoretically be used...whether this should be done at all...

All that stuff's worth discussing.

Whether he'll waive is not.

He'll waive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad