Speculation: 2014 Trade Deadline Discussion - Part IX - The Buffalo Syndrome

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

everything we have to go on has him coming back. you can think otherwise, but we are the ones with evidence to support our argument here. Every indication we have says he will be back. Is it a guarantee? No. But its the best evidence we have.
Actually that's incorrect. The Pen's of late have been very wrong regarding time frames of injuries and such. Crosby a couple years back, when Dupuis would have surgery, Saying Neal was day to day (missed two weeks), miscalculating Bennett's injury twice so far. There's plenty of evidence to suggest these time frames given out are suspect at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
i9TdrpnPo6wqT.gif

:laugh: :handclap:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
That McGuire gif is a year or two old, don't know who made it.

At this point nothing will surprise me. Shero has gone in every direction in the past, from big trades too sitting on his hands.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Actually that's incorrect. The Pen's of late have been very wrong regarding time frames of injuries and such. Crosby a couple years back, when Dupuis would have surgery, Saying Neal was day to day (missed two weeks), mis calculating Bennet's injury twice so far. There's plenty of evidence to suggest these time frames given out are suspect at best.

when is the last time one was so wrong that the guy simply didn't come back? And how many more examples have there been where they were pretty much dead on?

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Actually that's incorrect. The Pen's of late have been very wrong regarding time frames of injuries and such. Crosby a couple years back, when Dupuis would have surgery, Saying Neal was day to day (missed two weeks), miscalculating Bennet's injury twice so far. There's plenty of evidence to suggest these time frames given out are suspect at best.

You take pessimism about the Pens (or Pensimissm, as I like to say [as of right now]) to a whole 'notha lebel.

Michael8771*

You're right. He probably won't be back, ever.
No, just not this season.

when is the last time one was so wrong that the guy simply didn't come back? And how many more examples have there been where they were pretty much dead on?
I'm not saying he won't ever come back, just not likely this season. And speaking to that, if say he does miraculously come back the last handful of games (which again I doubt) how likely is it that DB would use him in the proper manner? So in either case it's a wasted season. I wouldn't count on him coming back this season.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I'm not saying he won't ever come back, just not likely this season. And sp[eaking to that, if say he does miraculously come back the last handful of games (which again I doubt) how likely is it that DB would use him in the proper manner? So in either case it's a wasted season. I wouldn't count on him coming back this season.

But its pure speculation. That's all I'm saying. There is more evidence to suggest he will come back than that he won't come back.

And I think he'd be an awesome guy to add to the 3rd line. I hope we don't count on him in the top 6 this year. Ideally with Megna as his backup/replacement. Get a wing for Sid, get a wing for the 3rd line. Megna and Bennett fight for the other 3rd line spot. Sadly, the loser of that battle would sit instead of play on the 4th line.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, so is Edmonton.

Yep. Both the Canucks and Oilers probably just wanting to get an in person look at some of the players that may come up in trade negotiations. Have to think Edmonton is looking for potential trade bait for Hemsky and Vancouver looking for possible throw in or sweetener types for Kesler.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

I'm not saying he won't ever come back, just not likely this season. And speaking to that, if say he does miraculously come back the last handful of games (which again I doubt) how likely is it that DB would use him in the proper manner? So in either case it's a wasted season. I wouldn't count on him coming back this season.

shuuuut uuuuup

it's like clockwork

Michael8771*

But its pure speculation. That's all I'm saying. There is more evidence to suggest he will come back than that he won't come back.

And I think he'd be an awesome guy to add to the 3rd line. I hope we don't count on him in the top 6 this year. Ideally with Megna as his backup/replacement. Get a wing for Sid, get a wing for the 3rd line. Megna and Bennett fight for the other 3rd line spot.
If I'm RS I'd operate under the premise that neither Bennet or Letang is coming back. Bennet has a wrist issue that has hindered him for months now, Letang, well we all know the reason there. I would count Martin as very likely to play. It's better to prepare in that manner than to expect either of those first two back this season. Expect the worst (plan for the worst) but hope for the best.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If I'm RS I'd operate under the premise that neither Bennet or Letang is coming back. Bennet has a wrist issue that has hindered him for months now, Letang, well we all know the reason there. I would count Martin as very likely to play. It's better to prepare in that manner than to expect either of those first two back this season. Expect the worst (plan for the worst) but hope for the best.

which is why I would have Megna as my backup plan if Bennett doesn't come back or struggles or gets hurt.

Kunitz - Crosby - Trade
Jussi - Malkin - Neal
Trade - Sutter - Megna/Bennett/Gibbons

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Yep. Both the Canucks and Oilers probably just wanting to get an in person look at some of the players that may come up in trade negotiations. Have to think Edmonton is looking for potential trade bait for Hemsky and Vancouver looking for possible throw in or sweetener types for Kesler.

Yeah i agree, this is why i think Kesler would 100% accept a trade to the pens, Vancouver isn't going to send there scouts to pens and baby pens games if Kesler isn't willing to accept a trade to the pens.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'd be surprised if they netted anything meaningful. Packaged or not.

Samuelsson+3rd could be a decent return for Hemsky.

Dumoulin could be the type of asset that makes the difference between getting Kesler and not getting Kesler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad