2014 Non-Wild Playoff Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I don't like anyone in the league besides the Wild, I just have varying degrees of hatred.

Right now I hate LA less than Chicago. Chicago has won too much recently, and I'm sick of it. I'm also really starting to hate Kane.

I kinda like Carolina, Florida and Tampa, although I don't have bandwagon teams or #2/3/whatevers. I just like them more than the rest, but way less than the Wild of course.

I can't believe I'm up at 6 AM to watch the OT of Kings/Hawks. It's not the reason I'm still up, but I'm up and watching it so... yeah. Damnit. I sorta wish I would've gone to sleep hours ago, not only because I didn't really have a productive reason to stay up but also because now I simply have to see this game to the end.

Puhis

Will accept caffeine.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
And Kings win it! Martinez deflected it off Leddy past Crawford. Good.

Meanwhile, NBC executives just :eek::eek::eek::eek:ed in their pants. NY vs LA? Ratings, *****es.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Nice to have the Kings win it in the Hawks' building. Even better that Leddy helped with the game winner. He's sucked this postseason. :laugh:

Now....GO RANGERS!!!!

Nash vs. Gabby in the Finals.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
YES!!!!

**** YES!!!!!

NO ****ING HAWKS IN THE FINALS!!!

PRAISE THE HOCKEY GODS NO HAWKS IN THE FINALS!!!

x

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This. So very much this.

So do you get to shed that avatar now? :D

No, gotta wear it until the cup is won.

It feels a lot less humiliating now, knowing that I'm wearing something the Hawks aren't gonna see this year.

For the sake of avatar sanity, I'm hoping for a Rangers sweep.

I'm very slightly pro rangers in this series, altho better Gaborik gets a ring and Brown another than the Hawks getting their third. I can live with that.

I can more or less just sit back and enjoy this series, which is nice.

J22*

I would love to see the Rangers win, but I just dont see how it can happen. I'm not sure that team even makes the playoffs if they were in the West.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I would love to see the Rangers win, but I just dont see how it can happen. I'm not sure that team even makes the playoffs if they were in the West.

They get in over Dallas as the 2nd wild card with that point total.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
And Kings win it! Martinez deflected it off Leddy past Crawford. Good.

Meanwhile, NBC executives just :eek::eek::eek::eek:ed in their pants. NY vs LA? Ratings, *****es.

La has had bad tv ratings for the playoffs unless changed tonight.

Also Spurgeon and Scandella both had more goals in the playoffs than Leddy just saying ;)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
La has had bad tv ratings for the playoffs unless changed tonight.

Also Spurgeon and Scandella both had more goals in the playoffs than Leddy just saying ;)

This is the 2nd finals appearance in 3 years for the Kings. Their ratings will be better than they were last time.

They dont sniff 96 points playing a Western Conference schedule though.

Probably.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
This is the 2nd finals appearance in 3 years for the Kings. Their ratings will be better than they were last time.

Probably.

Hopefully their local media doesn't get their logos mixed up and remembers how to pronounce Brad Doty's name correctly this time around.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Stunned, beautiful silence in Chicago :nod:

That really was a beautiful non-sound wasn't it?

You never know. Rangers are peaking at the right time. Although so is that King offense. Now if I were to put money on it I would put it on LA, but this is a Ranger team that could surprise some. As neither a fan of either team, I just hope it is a competitive Finals.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Man, Oduya and Rosival looked like crap during that game. Not sure when it was decided by NHL Dmen( it seems to be a collective thing) that screening your goaltender is the way to defend shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad