2014 Non-Wild Playoff Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I can't believe Chicago's luck in this game. That and Chicago's defensemen can do whatever they want without fear of penalties.

edit: I just saw an open field tackle that would have been great in the NFL without call.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Kane scores again with a Shaw screen. :shakehead

Nobody touches Kane when he's out on the ice, and it's disgusting. I really think it's league directive that nobody touches this guy.

The guy should have a huge target on his back, because he's not a physical player.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I can't name one other NHL player who can freely skate through the zone untouched time and time again like Kane can. Knew he was tying it 20 seconds before he did.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
How much luck did Kane buy when he sold his soul?

That's the only explanation I can think of for how that ****er gets so many bounces and almost never gets hit.

God ****ing dammit LA you had ONE JOB TO DO, ONE JOB.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
How much luck did Kane buy when he sold his soul?

That's the only explanation I can think of for how that ****er gets so many bounces and almost never gets hit.

God ****ing dammit LA you had ONE JOB TO DO, ONE JOB.

Is it just me or does it feel like he's laughing at you through the TV while he dangles around in the zone?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Kane is unreal. Gotta respect the talent and drive the guy has. He shows up when it matters.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Is it just me or does it feel like he's laughing at you through the TV while he dangles around in the zone?

It's not just you.

I can not ****ing stand him and the Hawks. If the Hawks win game 7 I don't know if I'll even be able to watch any of the finals without my vision tinting red.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
It's not just you.

I can not ****ing stand him and the Hawks. If the Hawks win game 7 I don't know if I'll even be able to watch any of the finals without my vision tinting red.

Take it easy, Avatar :sarcasm:

But to be serious, yeah, he looks very annoying skating around the offensive zone. Like Swervin said, almost like he's laughing at you.

I'd take him to this team any day, though. So ****ing clutch.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
I still can't figure out why players don't play the body on him, literally, every time he touches the puck.

Sure, he's likely to get a pass or shot away if they don't focus on the puck, but shouldn't that go to someone who is far easier to contain, simply by virtue of that player not being Kane? And if he shoots, it won't be the shot he wanted. Probably not optimal, but wouldn't either option be better than letting him skate around with impunity?

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I still can't figure out why players don't play the body on him, literally, every time he touches the puck.

Sure, he's likely to get a pass or shot away if they don't focus on the puck, but shouldn't that go to someone who is far easier to contain, simply by virtue of that player not being Kane? And if he shoots, it won't be the shot he wanted. Probably not optimal, but wouldn't either option be better than letting him skate around with impunity?

He'll duck around the hit, skate past you and suddenly you are out of the play and he has open ice.

NHL defenders aren't avoiding hitting him to be nice. He's just hard to hit because of extreme agility and vision.

TheTimeKnife

Mar 11, 2014
Oregon
Kanes a talented skater, if you hit him you need to know you can make contact. Pulling yourself out of the play and risking Kane remaining in it is exactly the kind of situation a player like Kane thrives on. That's why D don't engage him unless a center covers them, coaches are very careful about wanting players to go after him. He already creates room from nothing, last thing we need is too give him room. Toews is easier to shut down, you can just hold onto him. Kane is harder to draw a line on.

Nothingman*

Kane absolutely loves a player coming to hit him.....because they miss 99% of the time. That is just open ice to work his magic. Everyone other than HF posters know that. Every team marked him and he still gets his. He is a stud with incredible vision and playmaking ability. Hate away......but I bet he loves breaking opposing team's hearts more than winning.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Kane absolutely loves a player coming to hit him.....because they miss 99% of the time. That is just open ice to work his magic. Everyone other than HF posters know that. Every team marked him and he still gets his. He is a stud with incredible vision and playmaking ability. Hate away......but I bet he loves breaking opposing team's hearts more than winning.

Here's what I say. He's a damn good player when he's just dangling in the slot shooting away at the goalie, but if teams play physical against him he's like any other player. He'll think twice before making the play or taking the shot if he gets rocked a time or two. I've seen him dodge the hits and score and make plays like everyone else has, but it's usually when a defensemen backs off too much.

There are 3 ways to stop him IMO. The first way to stop him is to interfere subtly behind the play when he comes out of the defensive zone. It's not being called in the playoffs as tightly as in the regular season, and he won't score if he can't get back into the play fast enough. The second way is take his mind off the game. Send someone out to hit him early in the game. With as dangerous as he is, it's probably worth it for a team to trade 1 or 2 two minute penalties to get some shots in on Kane. The 3rd way is to try and contain him in the neutral zone against the wall. This is very hard to do without a defense that is set up to play that way.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Thats gonna be hard for LA tonight as the Hawks will have last change.

Please hockey gods, let LA win. I can't take listening to NBC slobber and gush all over Kane and the Hawks for one more damn round.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Can't believe the luck Chicago is getting tonight. :shakehead

Sharp has a puck go in that was shot wide because it bounced weird off the ice. If anyone tried to do that on purpose it would not be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad