Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
He better not pull that **** at the NHL level or he'll be sitting.
Why try and mess with a guy who is as naturally as talented as Gostisbehere?

He's the most dynamic Flyers prospect since Giroux and has an elite skillset for a D prospect. He's going to make mistakes and he will be too aggressive at times. But when he pulls off the spin-o-rama that leads to a breakout and a goal, don't tell us how great of a play that was...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He better not pull that **** at the NHL level or he'll be sitting.
Unfortunately they still play Luke Schenn after he tries it so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

But seriously, its a setup move. If it helps move the puck (and it does) I don't have a problem with it.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
seems flashy or risky but shows some nice skating and confidence. i'm sure he's wondering if he can pull it in the nhl and i'm sure he'll find out.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah guys, lets draft and develop a dynamic offensive defensemen but neuter him so he plays with the skill, confidence, and flair of Grossmann. Don't let him play to his strengths or anything, especially since he was showboating by doing those moves on a breakaway instead of using them to quickly get past the opponents.

Oh wait... :laugh:

Hilarious that this garbage is coming from the guy who constantly cries and whines that Couturier is a "boring and slow" player. Make up your mind.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Calgary beats Medicine Hat again. Sanheim with an assist and Fazleev with a goal. Fazleev seems to be a pretty good finisher on breakaways and in shootouts. If he can carve out a role as a bottom 6 player, maybe he can be our Matt Hendricks. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Hilarious that this garbage is coming from the guy who constantly cries and whines that Couturier is a "boring and slow" player. Make up your mind.

Complains about every player on the roster that isn't a strong &/or fast skater yet doesn't want one that is both to use it to his full ability. :laugh:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Calgary beats Medicine Hat again. Sanheim with an assist and Fazleev with a goal. Fazleev seems to be a pretty good finisher on breakaways and in shootouts. If he can carve out a role as a bottom 6 player, maybe he can be our Matt Hendricks. :laugh:

I only saw the 3rd period but Sanheim looked like a beast.

Cousins27

Sep 26, 2013
Phantoms are fighting for a playoff spot. They need to get in. If they do that can be a good amt of extra games for ghost. It also helps with the development of laughton leier hagg cousins.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I only saw the 3rd period but Sanheim looked like a beast.

Tuned in right before Calgary's first goal and yeah he was pretty damn good. He did have one bad turnover at the blueline (when he was playing the right side no less). I think he's getting a little bored in the defensive zone as Calgary has been running teams out of the building during this 10-11 game stretch, but I'm not too worried. He's a smart kid. He will adjust. Calgary goes on their west coast roadtrip and don't play at home again until the middle of March. Will be nice to see how Calgary matches up against the teams out there- especially Kelowna.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Phantoms are fighting for a playoff spot. They need to get in. If they do that can be a good amt of extra games for ghost. It also helps with the development of laughton leier hagg cousins.

They need to get it going & start stringing more wins together. The couple of weeks prior to last week was pretty bad for them.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
They need to get it going & start stringing more wins together. The couple of weeks prior to last week was pretty bad for them.

Yeah, but when you consider who they were playing with and without, the fact they are even in the picture is encouraging. Still have a 3rd of the season left. Hopefully they can go on a run now that they have started to add some pieces back.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Tuned in right before Calgary's first goal and yeah he was pretty damn good. He did have one bad turnover at the blueline (when he was playing the right side no less). I think he's getting a little bored in the defensive zone as Calgary has been running teams out of the building during this 10-11 game stretch, but I'm not too worried. He's a smart kid. He will adjust. Calgary goes on their west coast roadtrip and don't play at home again until the middle of March. Will be nice to see how Calgary matches up against the teams out there- especially Kelowna.

I do remember a turnover at the end of a very, very long shift when he was in the neutral zone trying to enter the O-zone. I'm not sure if that's the one you were referring to. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there because he was probably blown up.

I am looking forward to the road trip also. It will give me a chance to watch some of the teams they rarely play like the US-based teams.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I do remember a turnover at the end of a very, very long shift when he was in the neutral zone trying to enter the O-zone. I'm not sure if that's the one you were referring to. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there because he was probably blown up..
It was at the end of the 2nd period. He was holding the blueline in the offensive zone and he just froze with the puck and a kid poked it away and went on a partial breakaway. Bean bailed him out. Very uncharacteristic of him to be indecisive like that, but he's human I guess. :laugh:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, but when you consider who they were playing with and without, the fact they are even in the picture is encouraging. Still have a 3rd of the season left. Hopefully they can go on a run now that they have started to add some pieces back.

It seems like defense has been their problem as of late. Hopefully adding Laughton & Alt back along with Gostisbehere on his way soon will improve the overall team defense. They need to stay out of the box too. Manning is a frequent name on the penalty summary for minor infractions. :laugh:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
It was at the end of the 2nd period. He was holding the blueline in the offensive zone and he just froze with the puck and a kid poked it away and went on a partial breakaway. Bean bailed him out. Very uncharacteristic of him to be indecisive like that, but he's human I guess. :laugh:

He got distracted wondering if getting a point that shift would make him more endearing to Flyers fans than upping his Corsi REL.

denominator

Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John

Yeah, it looked like he forgot where he was and thought he had room to skate, then realized he was beside the boards and had no options. Bean played a great game defensively, which was opening up Sanheim to jump into the rush more frequently.

He's really recognizing when to jump into the rush and is basically a fourth forward out there. Really reminds me of watching TJ Brodie for the Flames - good skating is opening up opportunities. Here's the highlights of yesterday's game - the first goal is a beautiful play from the Sanheim twins:

http://www.hitmenhockey.com/video/52517

The second goal is Fazleev's beauty on a breakaway (coming out of the penalty box).

Notice how late Sanheim is getting to the goal celebration - he is in on the passing play but immediately turns off to get back onto defence - great awareness of how many Tigers are at the other end if Rankin misses the net.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Still can't believe neither Sanheim shot on that play. Good play by Taylor though.

I noticed since Harmsworth came back Sanheim hasn't been PKing much. Guess this is an attempt to conserve him for the stretch run, maybe?

denominator

Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Still can't believe neither Sanheim shot on that play. Good play by Taylor though.

I noticed since Harmsworth came back Sanheim hasn't been PKing much. Guess this is an attempt to conserve him for the stretch run, maybe?

I think he's just way down the depth chart as a PK guy, and they'd rather have him playing in an offensive role. Kanzig, Zipp, and Harmsworth are all solid defensive defencemen that are great on the PK, and it's better to have Thomas as the 4th PKer so that Sanheim and Bean can soak up the 5 on 5 minutes.

Plus, they are being coached to block shots whenever possible, and I've watched Zipp and Harmsworth eat a tonne of shots up high, blocking one-timers. It would be foolish to put your top defenceman in a situation where he's likely to get hurt like that.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Stolarz playing well so far tonight.

Cousins got absolutely rocked. Received a pass in his own zone at his feet and had his head down and he was right in the trolley tracks. Surprised he's still in the game. Thought that it was a concussion for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad