2014-15 IIHF World Junior Championship Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroPT*

Samson with a beautiful goal. Pretty awesome trolljob tho lol

That line is filthy

ZeroPT*

As much as some of the 2014 guys like Larkin and Pastrnak and Ehlers are awesome there are a couple who aren't very very good.

Kapanen and Ritchie have been dreadful this tournament

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
As much as some of the 2014 guys like Larkin and Pastrnak and Ehlers are awesome there are a couple who aren't very very good.

Kapanen and Ritchie have been dreadful this tournament

Weren't people saying before the draft that Ritchie was a product of his size in junior hockey?

ZeroPT*

Weren't people saying before the draft that Ritchie was a product of his size in junior hockey?

He has a pretty good release too. That's about it. He's like hodor from game of thrones. He's just big.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
He hasn't done one good thing this tournament. And he made the team over Dal Colle lol

I think Canada was trying too hard for a top 6 bottom 6 deal.

I remember seeing an interview from Brian Burke on USA team selection and how they could compete with Canada because they wouldn't try to out skill them with 4 lines.

ZeroPT*

I think Canada was trying too hard for a top 6 bottom 6 deal.

I remember seeing an interview from Brian Burke on USA team selection and how they could compete with Canada because they wouldn't try to out skill them with 4 lines.

Tell me about it. They should have left off Ritchie and bring in MDC. Let Gauthier play as the 13th forward

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Can someone refresh me on how the playoffs work?
Top 8 teams go and then is the first round within our division?

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Eichel has looked much better than McDavid in the World Juniors, but I still think McDavid is a notch above Eichel from watching both previously several times. Might be experiencing some set-back from the injury.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Eichel has looked much better than McDavid in the World Juniors, but I still think McDavid is a notch above Eichel from watching both previously several times. Might be experiencing some set-back from the injury.

I don't even think Eichel has been great, I didn't even think he was one of there top 2 forwards in the last couple games, both haven't been near as good as you would hope, but I think that will change on Wednesday.

Eichel is going to look better though, the entire PP goes through him, where as Canada is far deeper McDavid doesn't have that. It could be argued that 16' picks Puljujarvi and Matthews have been almost as good as they have.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Yeah, McDavid has been kind of coasting a bit in the periods/games I've seen. Maybe that's not the best description, but he doesn't look like he's going all out and is losing a lot of puck battles when he does get involved. I'm guessing the injury is still nagging him, but then I don't have anything to compare his play against as this is the first time I've seen him. I agree the Reinhart line has definitely been Canada's best. Domi especially stands out, but Reinhart's playmaking ability and defensive play have also been very noticeable if you are looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad