2013 Schedule

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Well the schedule is out and there are definiately some changes - from the "leaked" schedule that was posted a couple of days ago. I'll comment more later but since my gripe about the time of the "Super Bowl" game caused some posting, I'll comment on that now.

CRUD! The time of the game is 3:00 pm ET - since games last between 2 hours 30 minutes and 3 hours with most games being around 2 hours 45 minutes - that would put the likely ending of the game around 5:45 pm ET or so. Add some say 30 mins-45 mins to get out of the parking lot/get to my cousins which is where we are watching the Super Bowl this year at and I will be cutting it close to watch the kickoff on TV. Too much risk for this fan to attend the game. At least I have an out...

There is some good news however - the game is now against Florida - one of the top teams that season ticket holders sell their games too - mainly because those games tend to be boring because of the way Florida plays. Even if they were the most exciting team in the league, I have this weird streak of probably seven years of selling at least one Florida game per season. So with the Sabres now playing Florida on the Super Bowl Sunday, I have an out and I'll be selling that game. Sucks that I "have" to do it - would have been neat to do the Sabres-LIVE/Super Bowl double-header. Well I can still do it - just going to now convince my cousin to start the party a couple of hours early so we can watch the Sabres beat up the Panthers before watching "hopefully" the Patriots and Niners going at it in the Super Bowl.

Finally, I won't have to miss one of the two games against Winnipeg - we do host them on Tuesday, Feb 19 like the "leaked" schedule said and now on Monday, April 22. Jets are one team I like to watch. Also glad we only make the one trip to Winnipeg and not two trips or make one trip and have to play them two days in a row like Washington has too. Whew!

Last edited:

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Kind of weird the divisional games aren't balanced. Sucks we get Boston five times but getting Montreal five too makes it alright.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
Sabres > Super Bowl

That is all. I could care less about football.

BTW - is there an ical or some type of calendar version I can import into Google Calendar? EDIT: NM, found it....and its empty.

Last edited:

BUFSABES1981

Apr 11, 2011
Slight hiccup buying my seats. The site kept asking for my card and then rejecting it because it was already on file. As soon as I entered a second card all was good.

I'm guessing there were seats left still, but can you tell me if there were a lot of tix (if any) left for the opener? My time is coming up in a couple hours here. Would like to make it to the opener.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Just scored row 10 tickets on the Sabres shoot twice side for $30/per. Feb 28th vs Panthers. I love living in Florida! :)

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Bought my tickets to the Sabres vs. Devils game on the 7th of April. Taking my girlfriend to her first NHL game and I can't wait. She has only ever seen the Amerks play (which she has thoroughly enjoyed) but NHL games are so much faster and smooth. It's going to be a fun experience. I just couldn't believe how difficult it was to find two seats together even in most of the games.

On a completely separate note, Time Warner cable is such a rip-off.... Looks like I'll be watching most of the 2012-13 season in bars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad