2013 Schedule

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
That's 16 divisional games. Which leaves 32 conference games. Could be 3 games each against conference opponents, plus an extra two games thrown in somewhere.

According to the Rangers schedule that was leaked - the Sabres host the Rangers on Friday, Feb 15 and Friday, April 19 with an away game at MSG on Sunday, March 3 (NBC GOTW?) So thats three games vs the Rangers.

A partial Jets schedule was leaked - http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/Jets-schedule-leaked-186485531.html - and the Sabres host the Winnipeg Jets twice. Sunday, Feb 3 and Tuesday, Feb 19. Sabres played at Winnipeg on Tuesday, April 9.

Note: That schedule pictured on the above link doesn't list any Jet games from Tuesday, April 2 through Monday, April 8 and obviously the Jets should be playing another home game on at least one or two of those dates. If the Sabres get stuck playing the Jets a fourth time which would mean an another away game there - they will be playing sometime then. The Capitals are playing at the Jets back to back days in March so the Sabres could be do the same - first game on Monday, April 1 or even do a two games in three days deal where the first game is Sunday, March 30.

Feb 3rd game is on SuperBowl Sunday - the Jets replace the St. Louis Blues - our opponent back on the pre-lockout schedule. Now lets hope for a much earlier start than 3:30 pm ET! - orginial time back for the game back then. Make it 2:30 pm ET - plenty of time then for us fans of both to get out of the parking lots and come home or go other places to watch the kickoff/rest of the game.

Second game is Tuesday, Feb 19 which means if the Friday, Feb 17 Rangers game is correct and we still get to host a afternoon Hockey Day In America game on Sunday, Feb 17, there will be a three games in six days deal at the First Niagara Center.

Last edited:

copter

Apr 3, 2007
Assuming the leaks are all true, here's what we have so far at home:

Sun Jan 20 vs PHI (likely 12:30pm start)
Fri Jan 25 vs CAR

Sun Feb 3 vs WPG
Fri Feb 15 vs NYR
Tue Feb 19 vs WPG

Fri Apr 19 vs NYR
Thu Apr 25 vs BOS
Fri Apr 26 vs NYI

I know that's not much, but it's more than I had a few days ago. Looking forward to seeing the actual scehedule tomorrow (hopefully).

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm stocked we got a prime time game. Even more stoked that i can actually watch it. This is my first Sunday off in almost a year. Works out perfect!

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
The most popular sports column on the internet ran this today:

"now we're eight days away from the start of the season, and no NHL season-ticket holder can make plans that weekend or effectively answer questions like, "Should we make dinner reservations for that Saturday night or do you have a hockey game?" or "Are we still going camping this weekend or do we have to stick around?" And god forbid you have kids with scheduled playdates, birthday parties, soccer games or whatever — you're at the whim of Gary Bruce Bettman, the most incompetent sports commissioner who ever lived.

True story: My father is visiting next weekend to see his grandkids and possibly watch the Broncos-Patriots game if the Patriots can get past Houston this weekend. (See what I did there? Hold on, I'll knock on a little more wood to be safe.) The Sports Gal and I ended up having this exchange.

Her: "What are we doing that Saturday with your dad?"
Me: "Not sure yet — there might be a Kings game. They might raise the banner that afternoon."
Her: "What time?"
Me: "It's unclear, they haven't announced the schedule yet."
Her: "Why?????"
Me: "Because the players need to sign the new labor deal."
Her: "They can't just tell you what games are the first weekend?"
Me: "No."
Her (agitated): "Doesn't hockey realize that people make plans ahead of time for weekends?"
Me: "I … I don't know."
Her: "So we can't plan anything on Saturday until we find out if there's a hockey game."
Me: "Basically."
Her: "Even thought it's basically a week from now?"
Me: "Right. And even though they've been holding my season-ticket money since last April."
Her: "SERIOUSLY, WHY IS HOCKEY SO STUPID?????"

(Congratulations to my wife for being the 100 millionth North American to ask this question.)"

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8835592/page/2/the-sports-guy-make-divisional-playoffs-picks

But I'm just complaining to complain...

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yea, ya kinda are :dunno:

Every one who paid money in advance are in the same situation. Thousands and thousands of people. Very few are super vocal. They're just rolling with the punches and dealing with it. It is what it is. I'm a STH, and I don't like it, but complaining to complain doesn't make the schedule come any quicker :dunno:

I'll be patient. Quietly patient.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Yea, ya kinda are :dunno:

Every one who paid money in advance are in the same situation. Thousands and thousands of people. Very few are super vocal. They're just rolling with the punches and dealing with it. It is what it is. I'm a STH, and I don't like it, but complaining to complain doesn't make the schedule come any quicker :dunno:

I'll be patient. Quietly patient.

By that logic, there should never be a complaint logged on this board about the Sabres play, front office decisions, etc as it's unlikely to bring immediate change.

Vocal complaints about the incompetence of the people running the league could bring change since ultimately they are simply representatives of the owners. I can't imagine Ted Black is too pleased with their incompetence.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The most popular sports column on the internet ran this today:

"now we're eight days away from the start of the season, and no NHL season-ticket holder can make plans that weekend or effectively answer questions like, "Should we make dinner reservations for that Saturday night or do you have a hockey game?" or "Are we still going camping this weekend or do we have to stick around?" And god forbid you have kids with scheduled playdates, birthday parties, soccer games or whatever — you're at the whim of Gary Bruce Bettman, the most incompetent sports commissioner who ever lived.

True story: My father is visiting next weekend to see his grandkids and possibly watch the Broncos-Patriots game if the Patriots can get past Houston this weekend. (See what I did there? Hold on, I'll knock on a little more wood to be safe.) The Sports Gal and I ended up having this exchange.

Her: "What are we doing that Saturday with your dad?"
Me: "Not sure yet — there might be a Kings game. They might raise the banner that afternoon."
Her: "What time?"
Me: "It's unclear, they haven't announced the schedule yet."
Her: "Why?????"
Me: "Because the players need to sign the new labor deal."
Her: "They can't just tell you what games are the first weekend?"
Me: "No."
Her (agitated): "Doesn't hockey realize that people make plans ahead of time for weekends?"
Me: "I … I don't know."
Her: "So we can't plan anything on Saturday until we find out if there's a hockey game."
Me: "Basically."
Her: "Even thought it's basically a week from now?"
Me: "Right. And even though they've been holding my season-ticket money since last April."
Her: "SERIOUSLY, WHY IS HOCKEY SO STUPID?????"

(Congratulations to my wife for being the 100 millionth North American to ask this question.)"

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8835592/page/2/the-sports-guy-make-divisional-playoffs-picks

But I'm just complaining to complain...

This article is hilariously over the top and engenders no sympathy due to minor annoyances it tries to frame as serious problems. A reasonable human adult can manage these situations proposed in the article. They can easily choose to plan to go to a game and if there isn't one, simply find something else to do. Or they can choose to forgo this 1 of 24 home games.

The league could be managing this better but the simple fact is the lockout isn't even over yet.

jrofosho

Dec 20, 2005
Barker, NY
www.jrofosho.com
SOURCE: http://wnyorker.com/content.php/1159-HOCKEY-Buffalo-Sabres-2013-Schedule

UPDATE: Doing a little "Hacking" into the ticket website, i came up with more dates.

Sabres vs. Philadelphia Flyers (Silver)
Sunday, 1/20/13
12:00PM EST

Sabres vs. Carolina Hurricanes (Silver)
Friday, 1/25/13
7:00PM EST

Sabres vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (Silver)
Tuesday, 1/29/13

Sabres vs. Winnipeg Jets (Value)
Sunday, 2/3/13

Sabres vs. Montreal Canadiens (Silver)
Thursday, 2/7/13
7:30PM EST

Sabres vs. Boston Bruins (Silver)
Sunday, 2/10/13
3:00PM EST

Sabres vs. New York Rangers (Gold)
Friday, 2/15/13

Sabres vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Gold)
Sunday, 2/17/13
7:30PM EST

Sabres vs. Winnipeg Jets (Value)
Tuesday, 2/19/13

Sabres vs. New York Islanders (Silver)
Saturday, 2/23/13

Sabres vs. New Jersey Devils (Silver)
Saturday, 3/2/13

Sabres vs. Florida Panthers (Value)
Tuesday, 3/12/13
7:00PM EDT

Sabres vs. Ottawa Senators (Silver)
Saturday, 3/16/13
3:00PM EDT

Sabres vs. Toronto Maple Leafs (Silver)
Thursday, 3/21/13

Sabres vs. Washington Capitals (Gold)
Saturday, 3/30/13

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Karate Johnson*

Carolina, NYI, Florida, should all have been considered to skip the opening night before Buffalo. This is a much better hockey market where Saturday night games are gold.

Aren't we kind of the marquee game Sunday?

Show the game on NBC with Philly at the Sabres. Perfect showcase game because. Guaranteed energy.

jrofosho

Dec 20, 2005
Barker, NY
www.jrofosho.com
found more...

Sunday, 3/31/13

Friday, 4/5/13

Sunday, 4/7/13

Thursday, 4/11/13
7:30PM EDT

Saturday, 4/13/13

Sabres vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Silver)
Sunday, 4/14/13

Friday, 4/19/13

Thursday, 4/25/13

Friday, 4/26/13

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
SOURCE: http://wnyorker.com/content.php/1159-HOCKEY-Buffalo-Sabres-2013-Schedule
UPDATE: Doing a little "Hacking" into the ticket website, I came up with more dates.

Sabres vs. Winnipeg Jets (Value) - Sunday, 2/3/13 - 7:00PM EST
Sabres vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Gold) - Sunday, 2/17/13 - 7:30PM EST

Thanks for the hacking work - I'll comment more when the schedule officially comes out but two quick comments:

As Taro said - no way the Sabres-Jets game goes head to head with the SuperBowl. No way any sporting event goes head to head with the SuperBowl especially in football crazy, Buffalo, NY. It better start at the latest - 2:30 pm ET - otherwise I'm not attending and will sell my seats. No way I spend all the time and effort to watch all these football games and not get to watch the whole final game LIVE. No way, no way, no way, this happens! LOL!

Crud about the time of the Sabres-Penguins game. Was hoping we would be part of the NBC portion of Hockey Day In America which consists of a DH in the afternoon - opens up with one of three regional games and then ends with a national game. The last two years, there was a game being played at night on NBCSN so maybe the Sabres-Penguins will be that game.

Last edited:

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
What genius put a game on Super Bowl Sunday at night?

And why are there so many Sunday night games?

Karate Johnson*

What genius put a game on Super Bowl Sunday at night?

And why are there so many Sunday night games?

Same answer for both:

When you're scrambling to fit 48 games in 100 days, with travel, hotels, etc, you just have to do what works logistically.

I guarantee they didn't even consider what else was on TV when they figured out a schedule that worked....

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Same answer for both:

When you're scrambling to fit 48 games in 100 days, with travel, hotels, etc, you just have to do what works logistically.

I guarantee they didn't even consider what else was on TV when they figured out a schedule that worked....

Yeah, given the compressed timeframe, I'm certain the NHL couldn't really afford to give any consideration at all to what else might be going on. They're pretty much forced to squeeze in games wherever they can, whenever arenas are available. Even if that means Super Bowl Sunday.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Yeah, given the compressed timeframe, I'm certain the NHL couldn't really afford to give any consideration at all to what else might be going on. They're pretty much forced to squeeze in games wherever they can, whenever arenas are available. Even if that means Super Bowl Sunday.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with it being that afternoon...it's if the game is between 6-10 PM where people just won't watch. Make it an afternoon game and everyone is happy--maybe happier that they have a full day of sports.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo

I wouldn't be surprised if it starts as a 7pm start on the schedule, but is later changed to 4.

Last edited:

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
found more...

Sunday, 3/31/13

Friday, 4/5/13

Sunday, 4/7/13

Thursday, 4/11/13
7:30PM EDT

Saturday, 4/13/13

Sabres vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Silver)
Sunday, 4/14/13

Friday, 4/19/13

Thursday, 4/25/13

Friday, 4/26/13

Thanks so much for this info!

So it appears we play Boston 5 times (3 home). We would need the road schedule to determine the other 5x opponent. I'm guessing it's Ottawa.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Well my season tickets for the first three home games arrived in the mail this afternoon and the guy at WNYorker.com is correct - the first three home games are indeed - Sunday, January 20 vs Philadelphia - 12:00 pm ET (rumor has it the game will televised by NBC.) - Friday, January 25 vs Carolina - 7:00 pm ET and Tuesday, January 29 vs Toronto - 7:00 pm ET. We will get the rest of our season tickets in the next week and a half or so. Hopefully by our fourth home game which should be the one played on SuperBowl Sunday.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad