2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part One - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Flyers are going to be 0-2 coming into the Rock Tuesday.. should be a good game and hopefully we can make this start even worse for them.

I hate playing teams on losing streaks, though (not that two games is a streak, but it's a lousy way to start a season). They're going to start very strong on Tuesday.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I wouldn't fault Bryz on most of this. Flyers continue to play average defense and expect their goaltending and goalscoring to save the day for them.

I thought he should have had that 4th goal, went to whack it away and whiffed

Side note, that rivalry commercial that was just on is awesome

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Every game is a new game 1-1, 0-2, whichever.

Every loss by a divisional opponent is very, very big this season.
Seeing an Atlantic rival with 0 points outweighs the fear of them being 0-2 coming into the Rock.

Which is why I'm torn about this Rags-Pens game. Do you want the Rags to lose or do you want to let the Pens get another 2 points.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105

Seeing an Atlantic rival with 0 points outweighs the fear of them being 0-2 coming into the Rock.

Which is why I'm torn about this Rags-Pens game. Do you want the Rags to lose or do you want to let the Pens get another 2 points.

Always want the Rags to lose.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

As long as it doesn't go to overtime I'm content.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida

A 0-2 Flyers team after what happened today with the refs screwing them is going to be very hard to play against on Tuesday. I'm all for the rivals losing, but my main concern is what benefits the Devils the most, and nothing beats winning. We've got less of a chance of doing that (in my mind) on Tuesday now

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
loved girouxs bomb from the circle. wish we had someone who could stand there and do the same:(. sigh, maybe one day well get a player like that.

:laugh: Nicely done.

Call me crazy but I'd rather face a 1-1 Flyers team as opposed to a 0-2 Flyers team, they're going to be in must win mode on Tuesday now :(

Eh, I'm not that worried. We're probably still in Bryz's head after that playoff series.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
A 0-2 Flyers team after what happened today with the refs screwing them is going to be very hard to play against on Tuesday. I'm all for the rivals losing, but my main concern is what benefits the Devils the most, and nothing beats winning. We've got less of a chance of doing that (in my mind) on Tuesday now

The Flyers having 0 points in the standings has way more impact on the Devils than what their record is. At least in my eyes.

They'll play tougher on Tuesday but regardless of the Flyers being 0-2 or 2-0, it's the Devils who will need to play well enough to win.

Perhaps being overeager for a W will let the Devils capitalize on stupid mistakes... you never know.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
We beat the Flyers 4 games in a row in the playoffs. I'm not worried about them on Tuesday. That being said, I'm not worried about the Devils falling to 1-1, either.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
I hate playing teams on losing streaks, though (not that two games is a streak, but it's a lousy way to start a season). They're going to start very strong on Tuesday.

Seems like Devils are always playing teams coming off losing streaks.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Its understandable that flyers fans would be upset. They got completely ripped off.

Are they talking about what would have been their 3rd goal? That didn't even look like it crossed the line to me. Close, but still on the line. They still gave up 4 goals to Buffalo. Not gonna win a lot if they give up four and then have to claw their way to 3 themselves.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Are they talking about what would have been their 3rd goal? That didn't even look like it crossed the line to me. Close, but still on the line. They still gave up 4 goals to Buffalo. Not gonna win a lot if they give up four and then have to claw their way to 3 themselves.

You never know how the game goes if that first disallowed goal is allowed. You know this board would be flipping out if it happened to the Devils.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Flames come out guns blazing against the Sharks in the opening period. They look very good so far under Hartley. Backlund almost had a highlight reel goal too

Everyone talks about how the Flames don't have many noteworthy prospects in the pipeline, but they certainly have some good young players on the roster right now. And their D is solid.

Then again, they are my second favorite team, so I'm bound to be a little more optimistic :p

DevilChuk*

Lol what..

to thank ALL fans for their support, we're going to give these 20 random fans a signed stick?

excited to see Crosby and co. light up the Rangers.. 0-2 will be nice

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009

Rags win and Lundqvist pull his groin or Pens win and Crosby break his leg. Either or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad