2013- Out of Town Scoreboard - Part 7 - Ovechbox360

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully the Bruins can take a couple days to regroup, and try and find some of the offense. The Caps were able to score 3 and 4 against the Rangers, and if the Bruins big guns aren't as cold as Ovy and his line were then I think they have a good chance.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think they make it past Pittsburgh unless Danny throws MAF back in there like a dumbass.

Lundqvist is much better than Vokoun, but I don't think Pittsburgh's offense will fail to show up like Ovechkin, and Backstrom. Even they scored 3-4 goals against the Rangers in two games.

Though if Ottawa makes it past Pittsburgh I think the Rangers will take them. Let's just hope the Rangers fall to the Bruins and it's a non issue.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I think Ottawa has the best shot of any team in the East. And I am serious.

The Pens looked terrible against the Islanders. If the isles had another option to go to in goal, game 7 probably would have been yesterday. The defense is still bad. Iggy and Morrow look like they are skating in ****. Getting out shot by the Islanders and getting outworked by the Islanders? This is a contending team? If it's just getting the "jitters" out of the way. So be it. But the Pens did not look good during that series. The Sens are well coached. The best coach remaining in the east is Maclean imo.

If they keep this up, the Sens will win. Anderson is not Nabokov or Chokbokov whatever you want to call him.

The east is such a crappy conference that the Rangers were going to have a great shot by just getting in.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
from the Caps board:

20130509136808541567205.gif

lol

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I think Ottawa has the best shot of any team in the East. And I am serious.

The Pens looked terrible against the Islanders. If the isles had another option to go to in goal, game 7 probably would have been yesterday. The defense is still bad. Iggy and Morrow look like they are skating in ****. Getting out shot by the Islanders and getting outworked by the Islanders? This is a contending team? If it's just getting the "jitters" out of the way. So be it. But the Pens did not look good during that series. The Sens are well coached. The best coach remaining in the east is Maclean imo.

If they keep this up, the Sens will win. Anderson is not Nabokov or Chokbokov whatever you want to call him.

The east is such a crappy conference that the Rangers were going to have a great shot by just getting in.

But the rangers aren't the islanders. Islanders are a far superior skating team. I think the Penguins could embarass the Rangers. It's all about matchups and the rangers don't match up well with the pens.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I also think that if not for MAF then the Penguins win in 5 games. He was awful in game 4, and probably the only reason they lost that game at all.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
But the rangers aren't the islanders. Islanders are a far superior skating team. I think the Penguins could embarass the Rangers. It's all about matchups and the rangers don't match up well with the pens.

Yes, because a top defensive team with the best goaltender in the playoffs will get the score run up on them. Doubtful.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I also think that if not for MAF then the Penguins win in 5 games. He was awful in game 4, and probably the only reason they lost that game at all.

But the islanders dominated 5 on 5 for long stretches, which is more of a reflection of the islanders ascent as opposed to the pens being lackluster. Too bad the islanders were subpar in terms of special teams and Nabby's lack of clutchness. I still think the pens are a quality team but the islanders weren't your typical #8.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Yes, because a top defensive team with the best goaltender in the playoffs will get the score run up on them. Doubtful.

But they aren't airtight in their own zone. He bails them out alot. Now suddenly you have the likes of Neal, Kunitz and Malkin shooting on you. There is a reason why the Rangers were saddled with a long losing streak until recently against the Penguins. They don't need to accumulate 30 shots to get 4 goals, even against the best goaltenders.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I remember when the best goaltender in the game got beaten in 6 by a team with some fatass 40 year old corpse in net that he's made a career out of dominating. Was not even a year ago if I remember correctly.

Washington scored 3 goals three different times in this series. Pittsburgh has a much better offense than them. The Rangers got scored on in this series by the likes of Mathieu Perreault, Joel Ward, and Jay frickin Beagle too.:laugh:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Jeez, some of you guys need to chill out with the Ranger kool aid drinking. I drank it during this round because I knew they were gonna beat Washington even when they were down in the series. There not going to make it any further than they did last year. There team is not much different, its actually pretty equal. They don't have the style of play that can sustain a deep run in the playoffs. I don't know if they can beat the Bruins. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did but that's all the further there going.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
I remember when the best goaltender in the game got beaten in 6 by a team with some fatass 40 year old corpse in net that he's made a career out of dominating. Was not even a year ago if I remember correctly.

Washington scored 3 goals three different times in this series. Pittsburgh has a much better offense than them. The Rangers got scored on in this series by the likes of Mathieu Perreault, Joel Ward, and Jay frickin Beagle too.:laugh:

Thats quite a way to describe the greatest goalie of all time. He's obviously not what he used to be and is on his last legs but thats rather harsh :laugh:

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can even argue that the Bruins have a better offense than the Caps. Especially again taking into account that Ovechkin's line brought the offense of Mr Rogers for most of the series.

The Caps scored 3 goals in games 3 and 4 without Ovechkin even getting a point.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Jeez, some of you guys need to chill out with the Ranger kool aid drinking. I drank it during this round because I knew they were gonna beat Washington even when they were down in the series. There not going to make it any further than they did last year. There team is not much different, its actually pretty equal. They don't have the style of play that can sustain a deep run in the playoffs. I don't know if they can beat the Bruins. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did but that's all the further there going.

Their defense is colectively better this year. Del Zotto is playing better this year. Moore is solid and Stralman is underrated. But that offense is a real eyesore, especially with Nash AWOL. The problem with the rangers though is that they can't expect to win round after round with these 1-0, 2-1 razorthin victories. Eventually, they are going to have to pickup Lundqvist. This is typical rangers thus far. Hank carries them a round or two, until he finally succumbs to fatigue and relentless offensive pressure from the opposition. I think the Pens feast on their carcass after this tough series with Boston.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thats quite a way to describe the greatest goalie of all time. He's obviously not what he used to be and is on his last legs but thats rather harsh :laugh:

I was arguing my point in a sarcastic manner. This is what many Rangers fans think of Marty these days.:laugh: There's even a couple on here who tout the ''Below average goalie, Jose Theodore has been better the last 3 years'' spiel.:laugh:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Their defense is colectively better this year. Del Zotto is playing better this year. Moore is solid and Stralman is underrated. But that offense is a real eyesore, especially with Nash AWOL. The problem with the rangers though is that they can't expect to win round after round with these 1-0, 2-1 razorthin victories. Eventually, they are going to have to pickup Lundqvist. This is typical rangers thus far. Hank carries them a round or two, until he finally succumbs to fatigue and relentless offensive pressure from the opposition. I think the Pens feast on their carcass after this tough series with Boston.

Yea that's the scenario I see playing out. I know people are making fun of the Pens because of the goalie situation and the defense being average but I really think that was more about the Islanders being that good/improved than how crappy the Pens were. Obviously Fleury was ass but still that Islanders team is legit. I think they roll to the finals to be honest.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah a lot of people are drinking the Rangers kool aid. I predicted them to beat the Capitals too in 6 games in fact. I'll need some time to think about if I predict them going over the Bruins or not.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rangers won't get past the Bruins.

I'm leaning towards they will, but I'm by no means drinking this kool aid and pegging them for the SCF like some are. I think they'll take the Bruins in 7 possibly. Then they'll be burnt out if they do get through them.

Worst case scenario I see is the Sens upsetting the Pens, and the Rangers getting past Boston, and being able to take the Sens in the ECF. No way I think they get through Pittsburgh though if that's who they have to face.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I'm leaning towards they will, but I'm by no means drinking this kool aid and pegging them for the SCF like some are. I think they'll take the Bruins in 7 possibly. Then they'll be burnt out if they do get through them.

Worst case scenario I see is the Sens upsetting the Pens, and the Rangers getting past Boston, and being able to take the Sens in the ECF. No way I think they get through Pittsburgh though if that's who they have to face.

why can't the sens take the Rangers?

they took them to 7 games last season. and anderson is just as good as lundqvist.

MacleanStache domination1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad