2013- Out of Town Scoreboard - Part 7 - Ovechbox360

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Ottawa isn't beating Pittsburgh unless something wacky happens like Vokoun gets hurt and they have to go back to Fleury. The Sens are a great story and all but they just don't have enough in my opinion.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
why can't the sens take the Rangers?

they took them to 7 games last season. and anderson is just as good as lundqvist.

MacleanStache domination1

It wouldn't be a definite, but I think they have a better chance against the Senators than the Penguins. I would feel a whole lot more confident with Spezza though.

Whoever they face I'm sure they'll be challenged more than they were by Ovy, and his line.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
But the rangers aren't the islanders. Islanders are a far superior skating team. I think the Penguins could embarass the Rangers. It's all about matchups and the rangers don't match up well with the pens.

Exactly that. They really don't match up well against them.

You beat the Pens by either out skating them or out working them. We do well against them because we are a strong forchecking team. They aren't strong in their defensive zone, and it clearly frustrates the hell out of their forwards.

Rags tend to keep more people help, outside of Nash cherry picking, and Pitt will eat that up. Less time spent in their offensive zone the better they are. I honestly don't see how Ottawa beats them either. They will give them fits too because of how hard they work, but I think it will just be the Isles series all over again.

Also don't pen the Rags in for the ECF just yet. On paper Boston is still a way better team, Rask can duel the Queen, and Jagr might remember he is Jagr. Odds are though this is going to be a long, ugly series as someone mentioned. One I have no plans to watch. Broons could totally out bully the Rags and spend all night in their zone.

Winner of the west should just be given the cup by default. The East is just a tragedy to watch this year.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ottawa isn't beating Pittsburgh unless something wacky happens like Vokoun gets hurt and they have to go back to Fleury. The Sens are a great story and all but they just don't have enough in my opinion.

It took them 7 games against the isles. They aren't that good. Unfortunately they have the NHL on their side.

Mogwai211

Jan 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
It took them 7 games against the isles. They aren't that good. Unfortunately they have the NHL on their side.

Sad but true, this is some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in the playoffs, almost makes me glad the Devils aren't in it. Even so, I still like Ottawa's chances in this series. They're more sound defensively and Anderson IMO is the best goaltender remaining. I can easily see both of the 2nd round series going 7.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Worst case scenario unfolded last night.

I have to deal with all the elated Bruins "fans" here in Boston, while facing the possibility that the Rangers might advance far into the playoffs.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Worst case scenario unfolded last night.

I have to deal with all the elated Bruins "fans" here in Boston, while facing the possibility that the Rangers might advance far into the playoffs.

feel your pain brother.

Although I have to deal with these new found Pens fans regardless.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Has anyone else who lives in a hockey city outside of NY/NJ adopted an intense dislike of the local team? I used to like the Bruins before I moved to Boston.

Probably something about not wanting to see other people be happy when their teams wins and your team loses. But I swear Boston is full of more bandwagoners than the average city...

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

The Sens have a little extra motivation heading into this one...

581193_465188330239788_704339467_n.jpg

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Has anyone else who lives in a hockey city outside of NY/NJ adopted an intense dislike of the local team? I used to like the Bruins before I moved to Boston.

Probably something about not wanting to see other people be happy when their teams wins and your team loses. But I swear Boston is full of more bandwagoners than the average city...

I actually told someone from back home about this phenomenon.

Most people I know who have transplanted to hockey markets who already had a team to cheer for end up hating the local team.

Being peppered by the locals,media, hype, etc just ends up being too obnoxious methinks.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee

The Penguins have quickly gone up my personal hatred rankings to be neck and neck with the Rags now. Though the Flyers are now lower because I know the ones here have to put up with more casual Penguins fan BS than I do. It's one thing to be annoyed by all the local media and fans, but another to be pestered and talked smack to by casual fans who don't understand the game or their team outside of Malkin, Crosby, Letang, and Fleury.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
The Penguins have quickly gone up my personal hatred rankings to be neck and neck with the Rags now. Though the Flyers are now lower because I know the ones here have to put up with more casual Penguins fan BS than I do. It's one thing to be annoyed by all the local media and fans, but another to be pestered and talked smack to by casual fans who don't understand the game or their team outside of Malkin, Crosby, Letang, and Fleury.

Ya that annoys me to no ends. Although in my matured years I have come to just turn my annoyance/anger into straight trolling.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

Pittsburgh won in 6 games.

Pens are strong in some areas and real weak in others.
Sens have a decent chance even though they have struggled with Pitts in recent years.

I'll go with Sens in 7 and Rags in 6.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The Pens are just way too overated, simply because of Malkin and Crosby.

They have no idea how to play in their own end, their goaltending is average at best come the playoffs and when they'll face a more "responsible" team in the next round, like the Sens, they'll have a hard time winning games scoring 4 or 5 goals with Anderson in nets.

AZNDevil

Yay band.
Jul 30, 2010
Tennessee
Ya that annoys me to no ends. Although in my matured years I have come to just turn my annoyance/anger into straight trolling.

I've managed to make a couple friends get more into hockey this year and start to really follow their teams. One was already a Pittsburgh sports fan, the other became a Caps fan.

I gotta put up with obnoxious Penguins fans and arrogant Caps fans, and the "rivalry" they like to think they have. This new division/conference is gonna be a joy where I'm at next season.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Fortunately I live in Buffalo so I've never really had to deal with this.

It was pretty crazy back in 2007, though. People trying to convince me that Jason Pominville was better than Joe Thornton :banghead:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
The Pens are just way too overated, simply because of Malkin and Crosby.

They have no idea how to play in their own end, their goaltending is average at best come the playoffs and when they'll face a more "responsible" team in the next round, like the Sens, they'll have a hard time winning games scoring 4 or 5 goals with Anderson in nets.

Bingo....unless there is a big improvement, I have a hard time giving the Pens the nod for the upcoming series.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
I thought our game 7 choke job against the Canes was bad

To have to sit and slowly watch your team over the course of over a period blow the lead is far more painful than the 1:20 seconds we had to suffer watching us choke

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Except you could make a case that we were cup contenders that year and toronto did great just taking it to a game 7. Not sure which would be worse if the Devils had done both.

Damn 09

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The had a top #5 "choke job" on sportsnet and of course, you have Jokinen and Staal scoring on Marty with like 1:30 left to play in game #7.

I just felt like punching a baby kitten when I saw that ****ing highlight... That was one of the worst moments I've felt as a Devils fan in a long long time.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Except you could make a case that we were cup contenders that year and toronto did great just taking it to a game 7. Not sure which would be worse if the Devils had done both.

Damn 09

While true, with the way Reimer had been playing up until the 3rd period last night, Toronto's contention prospects were growing steadily. Teams that go far are usually riding a hot goalie. And he was a monster the last few games. The fact the Leafs were putting up a decent scoring output against a damn good goalie on the other end was worth noting too. Given the offensive troubles of the Rangers and Caps going into yesterdays game, it wouldn't have been a stretch to assume either the Bruins or Leafs would have been favored in the 2nd round. Toronto may not have had as much time as a contender as say the Devils did in 09, but they were definitely on their way given their play the previous couple of games (if it was sustainable at least).

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
They weren't even favored in their series. Regardless of how good or not good their goaltender was playing, although I didn't think we were last year either and we made the finals.

Either way, I'm not sure which is worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad