Proposal: 2013 Offseason: UFAs, Trades, and Potential Buyouts | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
OK, Granlund may not be a 1st liner but to say he won't play in the NHL is unfair. He's younger than Silf still and the only league he hasn't played that well in yet is the NHL. He'll get there. He played well in the AHL and might have been tossed into a role he wasn't ready for yet in the NHL.

Brodin is a top pair guy in Minnesota and top 4 on any team in the league. Beast.

I don't think he will ever be a full time NHL'er. He is going to bounce around the league a little while with some teams trying him as a top 6 guy, but to me he is a tweener. Simply not skilled enough and can't skate well enough or strong enough to be in the top 6, and not big or physical enough to be in the bottom 6.

WhiteLight*

I don't think he will ever be a full time NHL'er. He is going to bounce around the league a little while with some teams trying him as a top 6 guy, but to me he is a tweener. Simply not skilled enough and can't skate well enough or strong enough to be in the top 6, and not big or physical enough to be in the bottom 6.

I think he'll be a 2nd liner. What more can you ask for in his first season in north america?

He's just to skilled to be denied.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think he'll be a 2nd liner. What more can you ask for in his first season in north america?

He's just to skilled to be denied.

He has skill, but so does Corey Locke. Too small, too slow and too weak to be a top 6 player in my viewings.

I certainly could be wrong and for Minny fans I hope I am.

WhiteLight*

He has skill, but so does Corey Locke. Too small, too slow and too weak to be a top 6 player in my viewings.

I certainly could be wrong and for Minny fans I hope I am.

He's bigger, stronger and faster than Locke. He's already had more success in the NHL than Locke has ever had. He was drafted 9th overall so many scouts like what they see vs the opposite for locke.

If Granlund was bad defensively I would agree with you, and that might keep him out of the NHL. But he's not and has good hockey sense.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Could really care less about draft status to be honest. I go by what I see when evaluating a player. I have never in all my lifetime been more sour on a top 10 pick than I can ever remember.

I'm probably more sour than usual because of the ridiculous hype around this kid. And I don't trust Fins that are drafted high.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Seriously why is anyone suggesting we move Spezza?

And for a crappy player like Granlund who will never be a full time NHL'er?

I really hate comments like this. Do you have a time machine? Did you go into the future and see how he pans out as a player? This player is still young. Give him some time for Christ sakes.

WhiteLight*

Could really care less about draft status to be honest. I go by what I see when evaluating a player. I have never in all my lifetime been more sour on a top 10 pick than I can ever remember.

I'm probably more sour than usual because of the ridiculous hype around this kid. And I don't trust Fins that are drafted high.

?

I can't even remember the last time a Fin was drafted that high. How can you not trust them if they don't exist?

WhiteLight*

I get it. The Finnish league is weak. Doesn't really matter though. He's played well internationally as well (mens and junior), in the AHL,...

''I don't trust Fins who are drafted that high''.... is there a busting precedent for Fins here that I'm missing? I can't recall one

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Seriously why is anyone suggesting we move Spezza?

And for a crappy player like Granlund who will never be a full time NHL'er?

I'm not saying I'm for or against MAK's proposed deal, but to say Granlund will never be a full time NHLer is just crazy, banana-pants talk.

Are you thinking of maybe his brother Markus, in Calgary?

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
Vancouver could use some picks and cap relief, Ballard and booth could be available for cheap especially considering their contracts. I'd do it

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
?

I can't even remember the last time a Fin was drafted that high. How can you not trust them if they don't exist?

Hmmm, playing around on NHL.com...

Top-5 picks:

Finns:
____ - O.Jokinen - _____
J. Pitkanen - A. Berg
K. Lehtonen

Swedes:
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - M. Sundin
B. Johansson

Czechs:
Nedved - Bonk - Jagr
Brendl - Stefan -
Hamrlik - Klesla
Svoboda

Russians:
Ovechkin - Malkin - Kovalchuk
Zherdev - Yashin - Chistov
Svitov - Volkov
Tverdovsky - Kasparitius
Zyuzin

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but those Finns would get their ***** handed to them.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Top-5 picks:

Finns:
____ - O.Jokinen - _____
J. Pitkanen - A. Berg
K. Lehtonen

Swedes:
B. Johansson

Czechs:
Nedved - Bonk - Jagr
Brendl - Stefan -
Hamrlik - Klesla
Svoboda

Russians:
Svitov - Volkov
Tverdovsky - Kasparitius
Zyuzin

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but those Finns would get their ***** handed to them.

LOL

To the person who suggested Booth in Vancouver, good choice. A bit of a gamble cause of his injury issues but if it pans out, you got:

Booth-Spezza-Michalek
Greening-Turris-Alfie
Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg
Condra-Smith-Neil
Pageau

:naughty:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm not saying I'm for or against MAK's proposed deal, but to say Granlund will never be a full time NHLer is just crazy, banana-pants talk.

Are you thinking of maybe his brother Markus, in Calgary?

No. Mikeal drafted 9th overall to Minny.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!

Top-5 picks:

Finns:
____ - O.Jokinen - _____
J. Pitkanen - A. Berg
K. Lehtonen

Swedes:
B. Johansson

Czechs:
Nedved - Bonk - Jagr
Brendl - Stefan -
Hamrlik - Klesla
Svoboda

Russians:
Svitov - Volkov
Tverdovsky - Kasparitius
Zyuzin

Are you actually serious?

What you've basically done, is take some average to good Fins and compared them to elite players.

Fail.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Vancouver could use some picks and cap relief, Ballard and booth could be available for cheap especially considering their contracts. I'd do it

Ballard and Booth are two Canucks I would most definitely NOT like to see on this team.

Booth is made out of glass and when he is not scoring is useless. This year he scored one goal (empty net) before an injury sidelined him for the remainder of the season. With players like MM9 and Spezz who are already injury prone, do we really need to add another potential hospital ward player?

Ballard played consistent all year for the Canucks.. consistently brutal. I'm not going to bother writing any more on a player who was in the dog house from what seemed the moment he arrived.

John Holmes*

I read that there is some speculation that Hossa may be amnestied if the Hawks win the Cup.

I would LOVE to get him back in Ottawa.

Time to right the wrong.

Make it so GMBM. And I guess "Go Hawks"

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I read that there is some speculation that Hossa may be amnestied if the Hawks win the Cup.

I would LOVE to get him back in Ottawa.

Time to right the wrong.

Make it so GMBM. And I guess "Go Hawks"

Amnesty buyouts can be used next season as well. They aren't going top buy him out this off season they will wait till next year if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad