2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I have a feeling we will make a move very soon.

Excited about Lokti, but who is he even going to play with? Josefson/Butler on the 4th line? This isn't going to end well.

Is he even going to play, period? I guess you could scratch Barch in certain games but I doubt it.

Matteau was Zubie's lineup replacement, Loik is just his roster fill-in for the time being.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
LTIR would mean he'd have to miss at least 10 games before returning.

or unavailable for at least 24 days. ;)

Maybe his injury's not that bad.

hand-cross.jpg

wood.jpg

rabbits-foot.jpg

Luck_is..._(explored).jpg

images

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Is he even going to play, period? I guess you could scratch Barch in certain games but I doubt it.

Matteau was Zubie's lineup replacement, Loik is just his roster fill-in for the time being.

We have an open roster spot.

Call him up, see how he looks, maybe he gets in a game and evaluate him from there. It's not like its going to kill us playing him with JJ and Butler. But I still think we should give him minutes to succeed.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They don't need to LTIR him either way, they don't have to save the cap space.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We have an open roster spot.

Call him up, see how he looks, maybe he gets in a game and evaluate him from there. It's not like its going to kill us playing him with JJ and Butler. But I still think we should give him minutes to succeed.

We had twelve healthy forwards and all are playing. Loik just gives us a 13th forward unless they're putting him in for someone.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I mean if he actually can be a barn burner, you can move Henrique to the top line and keep the kid with Elias and Clarkson or something. Gotta see what he adds to the team first though.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Josefson should be nowhere near the top line again this season. He was bad when he got his chance up there. He hasn't shown anything to indicate any improvement either.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

We aren't too high on guys like Henrique, Carter, etc. when they got called up or acquired via waivers. Let's see what the kid has before we throw rocks his way.

At the moment, Lou doesn't have to rush anything cause we're still on top of the Eastern conference, so he's basically in the drivers seat. If things start to fall apart, for whatever reason, he'll make the move to give us a solid forward for our top 6 cause we have a abundance of bottom 6 players.

I think he'll do just fine and I see him centering our 3rd line while Josefson moves to the wing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yayo can play 1st line LW until Zubrus comes back. Matteau and Butler haven't look like roster locks.

No but Butler has carved out something of a niche on the PP and they think enough of Matteau to still have him here, and on the first line.

It would have to be one of them coming out of the lineup Friday, that much is true. Barch ain't coming out of the lineup against the Flyers. Who else is getting scratched, Josefson? HF would implode.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
No but Butler has carved out something of a niche on the PP and they think enough of Matteau to still have him here, and on the first line.

It would have to be one of them coming out of the lineup Friday, that much is true. Barch ain't coming out of the lineup against the Flyers. Who else is getting scratched, Josefson? HF would implode.

My guess is Matteau gets scratched.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
If Loki does stick here for Friday, Barch is not coming out of the lineup against Philly so it'll likely be somebody else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad