2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part VI)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Reading some of the moronic opinions and threads on the main board regarding the Devils made me laugh so hard. So much jealousy, hatred and lack of understanding in those threads.

We have made the playoffs 18 out of the 20 last seasons and over 25% of the Stanley Cups finals in the last 20 years. Every team besides the Red Wings looks like a joke next to us over that timeframe.

Everytime a moron questions why Lou is paying Zajac what he is getting with his new contract or questions the value and legacy of a Brodeur in that time, it is simply either a lack of understanding why the Devils have been this good for such a long time or pure and utter envy about the success we have had since Lou became GM.

Let the idiots hate and laugh at them. We are witnessing one of the greatest franchises of our time. Just enjoy every second of it while it lasts.

And just for the record it might be the beer that is speaking out of me, but there is also a German saying that drunk people say nothing but the truth. If you find any spelling mistakes, feel free to shove them up your know what.

:D

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Loktionov could be fine as 3rd line center. Maybe he can provide something Josefson can't - offense.

Yeah that's what I've been thinking, but it will be as the 4th line one for now. I really wanted him to fit on the first line so Matteau GTFO and dropped down somewhere else, but he says he has trouble playing center.

How about moving Henrique to wing on the first line, and Lokti centering Patty, and Clarkie? Would have said the same thing during our 5 game win streak, but the first line is a joke right now.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Yeah that's what I've been thinking, but it will be as the 4th line one for now. I really wanted him to fit on the first line so Matteau GTFO and dropped down somewhere else, but he says he has trouble playing center.

How about moving Henrique to wing on the first line, and Lokti centering Patty, and Clarkie? Would have said the same thing during our 5 game win streak, but the first line is a joke right now.

Its a good idea on paper, but I don't think DeBoer is going to break up the 2nd line. They've been playing well together recently and Loktionov hasn't proven anything yet, no reason to flip everything to accommodate him. I say put Matteau on the 3rd line, give Butler a shot with Zajac/Kovy, and have Loktionov center Josefson on the left and Matteau on the right.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Its a good idea on paper, but I don't think DeBoer is going to break up the 2nd line. They've been playing well together recently and Loktionov hasn't proven anything yet, no reason to flip everything to accommodate him. I say put Matteau on the 3rd line, give Butler a shot with Zajac/Kovy, and have Loktionov center Josefson on the left and Matteau on the right.

Well we know he's not gonna scratch Barch for the Flyers game, and probably not the Islanders game. Hopefully we can do that against the Sens, because there's no reason for him to HAVE to play vs the Sens. Butler with Zajac/Kovy could be better. Matteau stunk up the whole first line last night. I counted 3 missed passes to either Kovy/Trav last night.

As long as he's on the first line Trav will be invisible on the score sheet, and I don't expect much from Kovy at even strength either. Butler might be no better, but it's worth a shot. Let's start a game with him on the first line, and not wait until the 3rd to put him there.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Reading some of the moronic opinions and threads on the main board regarding the Devils made me laugh so hard. So much jealousy, hatred and lack of understanding in those threads.

We have made the playoffs 18 out of the 20 last seasons and over 25% of the Stanley Cups finals in the last 20 years. Every team besides the Red Wings looks like a joke next to us over that timeframe.

Everytime a moron questions why Lou is paying Zajac what he is getting with his new contract or questions the value and legacy of a Brodeur in that time, it is simply either a lack of understanding why the Devils have been this good for such a long time or pure and utter envy about the success we have had since Lou became GM.

Let the idiots hate and laugh at them. We are witnessing one of the greatest franchises of our time. Just enjoy every second of it while it lasts.

And just for the record it might be the beer that is speaking out of me, but there is also a German saying that drunk people say nothing but the truth. If you find any spelling mistakes, feel free to shove them up your know what.

the "atlantic division" thread is so awful i don't even know where to begin.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Not a fan of Butler on the first line. I don't think it's a good fit. Three righty shots...

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
If Loktionov pans out I think Josefson becomes expendable real fast.
Tallinder+Josefson+Tedenby would net us what?

I'd keep Josefson while he's cheap. He's still an effective bottom-6 player that just led our AHL team in scoring. I agree he'd become expendable, but if Loktionov succeeds where Josefson failed, that's gonna drive down Josefson's trade value quite a bit, I think.

There's always the possibility that some GM would be willing to take a chance on a somewhat unproven player, but Josefson is more valuable to us than in a trade so long as he's an effective bottom-six two-way guy that can play center or wing (in my opinion, of course).

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008

Speeling Kounts??..ut oh...and just blame it on auto correct or those damn small smart phone buttons

DevilChuk*

Henrique has fit there, but I understand not wanting to split that line up right now.

I personally don't.

2 lines at 60% >>>> 1 line at 100%

Henrique - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Lotkinov - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier
Mattaeu/Barch - Josefson - Butler

Move Elias back to 2C and put Butler on 2LW if necessary.
Heck, I'd even break up the 3rd line if necessary and put Bernier with Elias and Clarkson and put Butler in his spot.

hausera

Feb 12, 2013
Is Kovalchuk Hurt?

It looks like to me that Kovalchuk is having trouble pivoting and seems less flexible. His passing is way off and I'm wondering if his back is acting up. His shot seems accurate though. Things just remind me of when he was hurt during the playoffs and finals last year. I just don't think it's from lack of effort or caring.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No he was the best player on the ice last night. Not his fault that Matteau can't handle his passes.

hausera

Feb 12, 2013
Kovalchuk and his back

Kovalchuk looks like he's playing hurt to me. It looks as though he's having trouble pivoting and turning into his passes. I think that's why he's missing the mark that he usually pinpoints. His shot looks fine but I think that's because he's not needing to turn. It reminds me of the playoffs and SCF last year with the back injury. I don't think it's from lack of effort as might be suggested. Thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad